NiGHTS Journey of Dreams

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

NiGHTS Journey of Dreams

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I don't know how many people remember the original NiGHTS into Dreams game for the Sega Saturn, but it was one of my favorites. Finally, after 11 years, a sequel has come out for the Wii. I didn't get to play it yet because I'm lacking the console, but I'm excited. One of the main reasons why the sequel was made was because of the large demand for one from the fanbase. It makes me believe we could all come together and push for a Lunar 3 lol. :wink:

But anyway, has anyone else gotten this game? Is anyone else here a NiGHTS fan? xD
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: NiGHTS Journey of Dreams

Post by GhaleonOne »

I almost made this topic, because I've been considering getting it. I never played much of the original Nights, but I do still have Christmas Nights.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Gah, gotta ask. What is the game/s about?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

Don't have it yet, but this made up my mind about getting a wii. I was a HUGE fan of the original.

@phyco - it's kinda hard to describe. In the original, you choose one of two characters, and fly around a dream world. It was made by Sonic Team. More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nights_into_Dreams...

Pluvius
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Pluvius »

I've only played the demo for the Saturn, but I plan on getting this.
RED! Do you know what that means? I am the most powerful trainer in the world.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

If I get a Wii, I'd most probably pick this up as well. I was a huge fan of the original NiGHTs (I still have it). I managed to beat the game with both the male and female characters, but there was some special ending, if I recall, that I couldn't get up to. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Pluvius
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Pluvius »

IGN gave it a 6.5. =/

I'll need to try it or research it some more before I sink $50 into it.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

phyco126 wrote:Gah, gotta ask. What is the game/s about?
http://www.nightsintodreams.com :D
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I actually got this game for Christmas. I got it out to test it, and goofed around with it for a few minutes. I got to talk to an owl and then fly around. The opening when you start it has some pretty cool graphics. Otherwise, that's as far as I got. I've been too busy shuffling between Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness (I got it for Christmas with Nights, YAY!), Tales of Innocence, and Tales of Legendia.

Playing it sure does bring back memories of my old Sega Saturn and my demo version of Nights that came with it though.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I'd really like to try the game. I'm a little leery of it though after seeing IGN's review. Honestly, it seems like the problem was a lack of polish. Maybe, I'll still buy it and just lower my expectations

Pluvius
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Pluvius »

The problems IGN listed are the same onesI had with Sonic for the 360, so I believe their review.

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

OH my god. They have all the music. *runs off on a massive download spree*

Thanks!

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Looking through reviews, IGN gave it the lowest review out of anyone. Most people seem to like it except for some stiff controls at times.

I figured a few people here would have this game since the original Lunar came out on a system most people didn't own unless they had some kind of love for SEGA. Unfortunatly SEGA hasn't been the same since the Dreamcast left the scene. I'm surprised this version turned out OK since Yuji Naka didn't have anything to do with it.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Psh. Reviews, what do they know? They base their opinion on something as if it where fact and then label anyone who thinks differently as if they where morons with no sense and no brains.

Therefore, I read as many reviews by the standard people (like you and me versus someone who is a "critic") as I can, but without taking in the personal attacks they make against others and the item, and come to my own conclusion.

For instance, I am looking into building my own PC. If 20 out of 20 people say the item is crap due to a factual reason, then I will skip the item. If 20 out of 20 people say the item is crap because of some small reason that is a complete joke (say, "This item is crap because I'm too stupid to read that it requires a USB port so I'm gonna rate it a 0 out of 5 because I have no clue what I am doing.") then I will look else where for a more factual report, or just buy it and see for myself.

I look at the facts for poor ratings, not because someone has a (and sometimes often) bias towards a game. "OMG LUNAR TEH SUX FF FOREVER HAHAHAHAHA" Yeah... I've read reviews like that.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

phyco126 wrote:Psh. Reviews, what do they know? They base their opinion on something as if it where fact and then label anyone who thinks differently as if they where morons with no sense and no brains.

Therefore, I read as many reviews by the standard people (like you and me versus someone who is a "critic") as I can, but without taking in the personal attacks they make against others and the item, and come to my own conclusion.
Well, I don't think critics are that bad. It just seems that most of them don't have the same tastes as me anymore. (This has always been true for the case of RPGs where apparently to most reviewers good equals movie sequences.) That's why I would trust the word of most of you as opposed to a professional review.

Pluvius
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Pluvius »

Critics hate formulas, which I don't get. Pocket Mans, Rockman.EXE, & Mario Party games always get big negatives for simply following a formula.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

But when Halo and Final Fantasy use a formula...

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I can't say much for Halo since I've never played anything XBOX related, but the Final Fantasy series is seriously over-rated in my opinion. I know everyone has their own opinions on games, but I can name a lot of games I've liked better than most of the Final Fantasties combined. There were really only a few FFs I liked.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

i bought this. play it. it's fun!

prinnie dude
Nanza Bandit

Post by prinnie dude »

I remember when ncd and I were looking for a SEGA Saturn on ebay. Then found one for pretty cheap, (cant remember how much) with Nights and the deluxe controller thingy. The wait seemed forever. Finally when it came i played Nights for awhile, and loved it. Even though i couldn't really figure out how to play it well, and wasn't able to beat any bosses. But as they say "it's not about winning it's about having fun"

Way later he had to leave the Saturn and Nights with his brother when he moved here to Hawai'i.