eternal champions

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

eternal champions

Post by exigence »

I remember when i was a little kid and eternal champions was one of the first games i played on my aunts sega genesis, i remember how much fun that game was. ofer the years i had forgotten about that and zombies ate my neighbors. so i looked around all over the internet to find out what that game was called all I knew was that it was some sort of fighting game. I finnaly found it and discoverd that they made an updated version for the sega cd eternal champions: challengers from the dark side, it got good reviews everywhere i looked so i decided to get it off ebay. I got it over the weekend and i can honestly say i have never been so disapointed in my life, the AI is beyond cheap not only does it block every one of your attacks but it only attacks with special moves and it over uses that move that freezes you in place then it walks up to you and does a cobo that you cant get out of even after you unfreeze. there are diffrent dificulty modes but the easiest setting is harder than the most difficult setting on mortal kombat. this game is competely imposible so far ive won a single match. i dont know how much more i can take i cant give up the game possess me but if i keep playing i put my tv my remote, games , and my controlers at risk so far nothings been damaged. if you have ever played marvel vs capcom for the dreamcast you know how frustrating this kind of thing is but this is like marvel vs capcom X10000

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Re: eternal champions

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Sometimes games that were fun when you were a kid don't seem as good anymore when your older. I also played Eternal Champions when I was a kid on my ex-brother-in-law's Sega Genesis. A few years ago, I tracked it down for my own Sega. It wasn't nearly as cool as it was when I was a kid, but oh well. At least it has good memories attached to it. I haven't tried the Sega CD version though.

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

I had both when I was a college student and I can safely say that even then, the SCD version blew chunks compared to the original Genesis game. The music was considerably worse, the AI was considerably cheaper, and the Overkills considerably dumber (not that they were brilliant acts of genius originally). Nor were the new characters anything less than boring. Though Shadow's new costume was nice...yeah, that pretty much sums up the decent parts.

You know, I kind of wish I had the soundtrack to the original game...RAX, Shadow, Jetta, Midnight, Blade and Xavier had cool music...

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

maybe ill have to pick up the genesis version thats the one i played as a kid, but the scd version seemed better when i was reading about it.

cj iwakura
Student of Vane

Post by cj iwakura »

Love or hate Challenge from the Dark Side (Sega CD), some of the overkills were absolute comedic gold.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

cj iwakura wrote:Love or hate Challenge from the Dark Side (Sega CD), some of the overkills were absolute comedic gold.
Dude, you weren't kidding.

Check out what I found on YouTube. (Warning, it's incredibly violent.)

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

theyre hard to pull off though, iv only done 2 sudden deaths and 1 overkill