Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

A sequel to ToS. Anyone else as excited as i am?!

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Re: Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I'm excited too! :mrgreen:

I'm actually excited that the US is getting both Tales of Vesperia for the 360 and Dawn of the New World for the Wii. I'm a HUGE Tales of fan, so any US release excites me.

I'm disappointed that Kratos won't be returning though. At least all of the other characters will be returning. The new characters look pretty cool too. Ritcher looks awesome in my opinion.

lost_f0n_drive
Lostest Boy

Post by lost_f0n_drive »

I'm excited and I plan to get both the day they are released.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

I will be skipping this one. For one thing, it looks like they're trying to diminish Lloyd's chaacter. For another, the "new hero being enemies with old hero" plot always, always, always turns out horribly written.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

Im excited!

Kratos may not be playable, but he is narrating the story ^.^

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Now that's a game I would be willing to buy a Wii for, although I would miss having Kratos as a playable character. I just hope Collette doesn't talk to much she always had a tendency to be a little annoying.

Cinder6
Saith Pirate

Post by Cinder6 »

I'm planning on picking up a Wii just for this game, actually. (And I'll get Vesperia, too, though I have no idea why they're putting it on the 360, as the Tales games do better in Japan and the 360 does horribly in Japan). I've been unsure whether or not to read more about it (don't want spoilers), but...
LunarRaptor wrote:I will be skipping this one. For one thing, it looks like they're trying to diminish Lloyd's chaacter. For another, the "new hero being enemies with old hero" plot always, always, always turns out horribly written.
This makes me think maybe I should. I particularly don't like that type of plot. I also read they're doing away with the Field Map, instead making you point the remote at the destination you want to go to. If that's still the case, then that's too bad. World maps are fun. Exploration is fun. That system allows for neither, which is stupid (especially given every Tales game that I know of has a map).

Oh, and, uh, first post!