So... Persona 3 FES

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

So... Persona 3 FES

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Well, count me as one of the few people who made the better decision to wait on Persona 3, as Atlas has now released Persona 3 FES. I picked it up recently because lots of people I know are telling me it's the greatest RPG ever or something, so I figured for $30, what the hell.

It's definitely... interesting. Took a loooong time to get going though. There were several parts in the beginning that I thought I was going to be playing a part of, but then it just skipped right into the next bit. The concept is interesting (if a bit twisted), the combat is alright, but nothing to write home about. The music is definitely varied (the battle theme sounds like a cross between Japanese Rap and Sonic CD, if that makes any sense...). I turned off the voice acting because I didn't really like the casting choices, but I do like how Atlas's translation kept the honorifics, considering that it's set largely in a school.

I'm only about 3 hours into the game at this point though, so it may sore into super awesome or sink into the abyss. Has anyone else played it? (and if you have, please avoid spoilers thanks!)
-Nobi

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: So... Persona 3 FES

Post by Sadrin »

I was thinking about getting this game... I just wasnt very sure about it but everywhere I go I read awesome stuff about it. If I do get it, it'll will be the first ps2 game i've played in like a year!!
Depend On You Changed My Life.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: So... Persona 3 FES

Post by LunarRaptor »

Personally speaking, I can't stand either game. You can control only one of the party, and the party can be people who practically have nothing to do with the main plot. On top of that, I really don't like gamesthat feature something that will, overtime, make a certain sight less shocking and make me more accepting of it (the kids pulling what looks like a gun from their pockets, putting it to their heads, and pulling the trigger, for example).
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray