Scariest game

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Scariest game

Post by Guest »

What's the scariest game you ever played min is silent hill 4.

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

Doom 3...or the Teletubies...
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Oh that's easy... Phantasmagoria.

A few others were quite good in the horror department, too: D and The Seventh Guest come to mind, although the former was far too easy. King's Quest IV had its moments, too. KF

EDIT: Dammit, there you go with the ambiguous topics again. I'm editing it again; next time you label something with "What" I'm deleting the thread. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Resident Evil 2 when it first debut in NA. I rented it, played it alone, with all the lights out in the house after midnight, never heard or played the first one, and I lived in a big house.....lets just say someone needed a change of clothes somewhere between midnight and 1 AM....nuff said.
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I would have to say Fatal Frame scared the beejezuz out of me... I canNOT play that game alone at night X_X I know the graphics aren't quite as good as SH and RE but being that it's based on a true story and whatnot... it's highly creepy.

As for scary gross games... Phantasmagoria hands down... I seriously gagged during some of the... deaths in that game >_< 7th Guest also creeped me out... especially that puzzle painting of that spooky guy...whose name I forgot suddenly...

I think Silent Hill 1 was pretty creepy alone at night too... 2, maybe...3, not really... 4 so far has been pretty creepy because of the ghosts...but not really too scary. I think I'm just a wuss though ^^; I have a fear of ghosts over zombies and other creatures. *shudder*

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Beyond the Forbidden Forest, for the C64. You wonder how a very pixelated game can scare me... oh, it was the balance of the very ominous music, the monsters coming from nowhere to gobble you up, the extremely low survival rate, and watching it played in the dark. I mean... it was so scary that I couldn't play it myself.

Though, this was during elementary school, so...
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Well... I don't play a lot of "scary" games first of all, but I played the first part of Fatal Frame II, it was fairly scary. I also own Resident Evil 0 and 4. They can be scary too :P

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Enemy Zero for Saturn. Your ship gets overrun by invisible aliens and everyone is dead but you and the only way you can find the enemies is by a motion tracker and when your walking down a quiet corridor and all of a sudden you hear a beeping noise.... creepy stuff.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Snatcher in the middle of the night in your grandparents creepy basement (which is a really old house) is hardcore. That gets my vote.
-G1

Ramza
Nanza Bandit

Post by Ramza »

Maniac Mansion. For years after playing that game, I wouldn't enter a room unless the light was already on, because I was afraid when I turned the light on that an alien kid would be there ready to blow up the world with an A-Bomb stored in the trunk of his dad's car...

Ramza

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Ramza wrote:Maniac Mansion. For years after playing that game, I wouldn't enter a room unless the light was already on, because I was afraid when I turned the light on that an alien kid would be there ready to blow up the world with an A-Bomb stored in the trunk of his dad's car...

Ramza

Oh man! I never even got that far... I got too scared when I was caught and put in the basement and never played it again... that game was really too freaky >_<

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Tetris. :wink:

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

for me, fatal frame is the scariest game I have played, Res 2 had its moments to

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Ramza wrote:Maniac Mansion. For years after playing that game, I wouldn't enter a room unless the light was already on, because I was afraid when I turned the light on that an alien kid would be there ready to blow up the world with an A-Bomb stored in the trunk of his dad's car...

I almost forgot about Maniac Mansion!

I can definitely sympathize there... I was afraid to walk around any large house for fear that I'd run into someone who'd catch me and lock me up in a dungeon. And then all I could do was PUSH the LOOSE BRICK over and over again. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

I don't normally like "scary" games, but I've wanted to play Maniac Mansion since I've heard its very good. I also wanted to play 7th Guest (since most horror stories are also mysteries and I like solving puzzles), but that one was too scary just looking at the box. :P

The scariest I ended up playing was Koudelka, which is pretty much survival horror iwith a strategy/RPG combat engine. >_< It was very odd in that way, but it was still pretty freaky. I'd only play it during daylight and it bothered me enough that I probably won't play it again.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Has anyone played the game Siren and/or Haunting Grounds?? They both look really creepy from what I've seen, but I don't want to waste any money either.

Kyo
Saith Pirate

Post by Kyo »

I'de have to say Doom 3... or the Silent Hill series. Doom 3 is really scary but eventually you kinda get used to it through the game. Silent Hill just makes you think, evil thoughts, then you scare yourself.

Silent Hill is one of my favorite game series for a reason though.