GaijinWorks

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

GaijinWorks

Post by jay_are »

So I remember when I first saw this website: http://www.gaijinworks.com/

...and feeling happy that if there was ever a new Lunar game, it would be GaijinWorks doing the translation!
But nop! It did not happen. (Or at least involved? Since the rights were sold back to GA.)
(I AM well aware that Victor Ireland showed interest in working on it though)

So now, how do you feel about GaijinWorks? What are your favorite games from WorkingDesigns?

I really really like Alundra 1 (And Alundra 2 just as well, though WD wasn't involved.)

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: GaijinWorks

Post by exigence »

That website hasn't changed since it was first created, I'm not sure what Vic is up to but hed better kick it up a n
otch

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Miami Law is out at least, so their first project has hit stores. Published by Hudson though.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Oh really? I didn't know it was out yet. Any reviews yet?

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

DragonmasterDan wrote:Miami Law is out at least, so their first project has hit stores. Published by Hudson though.
Whoa! That is awesome, they are actually doing work! :D
I didn't know about this either.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

There's a review in Nintendo Power. That particular reviewer gave it an absurdly low score, though; I know at least one other reviewer would have scored it much higher. I'll probably get it pretty soon. Heh, if I order it in the next 20 minutes from Amazon, I could have it tomorrow... not in quite that much of a rush though.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Might be worth a read if you're interested in GaijinWorks...

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2009/276.html
-G1

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Alunissage wrote:There's a review in Nintendo Power. That particular reviewer gave it an absurdly low score, though; I know at least one other reviewer would have scored it much higher. I'll probably get it pretty soon. Heh, if I order it in the next 20 minutes from Amazon, I could have it tomorrow... not in quite that much of a rush though.
Well, to me, there seems to be a bias against adventure games in video game magazines. I think that this is an adventure game at least.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It is, but I am sure that whatever biases may have contributed to the reviewer's opinion are his own and not magazine policy.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I didn't mean to imply that it was policy, merely that it is a trend in the various media. I actually wrote an edit to my post saying that I may be wrong about this since I've seen several adventure games receive good reviews lately, but I got distracted and forgot to post it. Still, I've seen a lot of reviews where the reviewers clearly didn't care for the genre, and it was reflected in the score. Yes, this is the reviewer's bias, but doesn't this also reflect a bias in the editor as the review was assigned to someone who clearly didn't like the genre.

Edit: I'd like to read the review for myself to see if the complaints are legitimate or just complaints about the genre.