MIA; Have you seen these games?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

MIA; Have you seen these games?

Post by Aaron »

Well, I was thinking about games I want to see on the market but for reasons unknown have not been made. The ones on the top of my list are:

Lunar 3
Homeworld 3
Star Wars Jedi Knight 3
Kohan 3
Starcraft 2

Mostly I don't give up hope especially about Lunar 3 because I can look at all the crappy intellectual properties that keep getting sequels. Like Alter Iris....who plays those games?

What are some games you're waiting for that seem to never come?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: MIA; Have you seen these games?

Post by GhaleonOne »

Lunar 3
Suikoden VI
Chrono sequel
Online Dragon Force
Lunar 4
Lunar 5
Lunar 6
Lunar 7

You get the point. :)
-G1

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I never tried any of the Suikodens past 2...God Suikoden 2 was one of the greatest games ever. I was scared off from the series because of the transition to 3d...that and it got mediocre reviews.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

III and V were great. IV was seriously lacking. A lot of folks didn't like III, and I think it's because it was such a different concept from II, but I found it really good. V is probably my favorite of the series. Even over II. IV felt like the Lunar DS of the series.
-G1

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Psychonauts 2 while we're daydreaming here. I could only pray it doesn't come out however. The possibility that the game could be tainted is nauseating.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 should have a slot there as well being one of those games that if it was ever truly announced for release I should shudder to think of how they could mess up the world of Hyllis.

Freedom Fighters 2 only because battling the Russians in America through the eyes of a grizzled New York plumber was one of the funnest things ever and I really liked the movie Red Dawn. Plus the game was kind of fun for a third person shooter that actual did a decent alternate future for America. Least we also forget the music was epic.

While we're really living in a fantasy world of good sequels and gumdrop smiles, let's drop a Kid Icarus 2. A 3D platformer a la Mystical Ninja Goemon when it was on the N64 would be the perfect thing.

For that matter, another Mystical Ninja! Seriously! I want to get my ninja groove on with that gang again. You know what else, speaking of the N64, let's see a Goldeneye remake! Don't toy with the gameplay just polish up the graphics and give the option to cartridge tilt somehow and we'll be laughing.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Speaking of Rare, apparently they're putting out an updated version of Perfect Dark on the XBLA soon. I don't usually download games from these services, but that's going to be an exception. I've been saving a freebie 1-month membership just for it.
-G1

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Sequels to:

Chrono series
Skies of Arcadia
Phantasy Star (old school, hah, like that'll happen)
Mother series
Lunar
Legend of Mana (I'd like to see another game like this)
Ecco the Dolphin
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Oh snap, add Skies of Arcadia to my list as well.

Now that I think about it, a new Ninja Gaiden would be great. Not like the new ones, but an old school side-scroller with the story based on the old games.
-G1

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

While we're still ranting like over 60s in a nursing home, another good one that needs to happen is Eternal Darkness 2. My God I invested so much time documenting all the little tricks that the game would play on you to the point that I thought I really was going crazy. Best. Mechanic. Evar.

One more thing. Armed and Dangerous. I need more Shark Gun dammit!

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Ardent Fox wrote:Freedom Fighters 2 only because battling the Russians in America through the eyes of a grizzled New York plumber was one of the funnest things ever and I really liked the movie Red Dawn. Plus the game was kind of fun for a third person shooter that actual did a decent alternate future for America. Least we also forget the music was epic.
Good news for you then...the writer from Red Dawn wrote the story for a new game coming out called Homefront.
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58807

And the site for the actual game:

http://www.homefront-game.com/

I'm actually excited about trying this game out. It looks awesome, I think it is about the Reds (now China, and North Korea) invading the USA.

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

Like Aaron, I never played past Suikoden 2. The first two games are on my top 5 games of all time list, but I was also turned off by the 3-D graphics. Should I give them a try? Do they retain the charm of the originals?

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

I would also agree with a new Phantasy Star. That would be incredible. Phantasy Star 1 was the first RPG I ever played. I loved 2 and 4 as well. 3 was alright I guess.

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

The Suikoden series is the ONLY game series that has rivaled LUNAR in my eyes. It's awesome. Also, if you haven't played Suikoden Tierkreis, while different it's a good addition to the series. Also, Starcraft II is in the makes, should be out sometime next year. A new Chrono game would be brilliant as well. Good choices from everyone really. :)
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Aaron wrote:
Ardent Fox wrote:Freedom Fighters 2 only because battling the Russians in America through the eyes of a grizzled New York plumber was one of the funnest things ever and I really liked the movie Red Dawn. Plus the game was kind of fun for a third person shooter that actual did a decent alternate future for America. Least we also forget the music was epic.
Good news for you then...the writer from Red Dawn wrote the story for a new game coming out called Homefront.
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58807

And the site for the actual game:

http://www.homefront-game.com/

I'm actually excited about trying this game out. It looks awesome, I think it is about the Reds (now China, and North Korea) invading the USA.
As epic as that looks, it just doesn't look as good from the video. Freedom Fighters to me was always the underdog story. I mean, you played as a plumber and became a badass hero! The video just eh. I don't know. Maybe it'll be better as time goes on, but I just can't help but feel the nostalgia for the old FF game.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

Legend of Dragoon.

Great.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Panzer Dragoon.

I don't care if it's new, I'd be beyond thrilled if somebody remade Saga.
「まあいいけど。」

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

I was scared off from the series because of the transition to 3d...that and it got mediocre reviews.

Suikoden 3 is the highest rated game in the series.

Suikoden = 82/100
Suikoden 2 = 81/100
Suikoden 3 = 86/100
Suikoden 4 = 67/100
Suikoden 5 = 79/100
Suikoden Tactics = 70/100
Suikoden Tierkreis = 77/100

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

Where do those stats come from brightshield?

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

For those number to stand up, you have to assume that the reviewing criteria didn't change from 1995-2006. That sounds pretty naive to me.

Another problem: there are far more reviews for the games past 2. That makes it far more likely for the first two games to skew in one direction or the other.

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

All I know is that I attempted to play a few hours of Suikoden 3 and was very upset with the transition to 3-D. It may be a great game, but I was too disappointed to find out. It felt like the series I had come to love had taken a turn for the worse and was gone forever. Maybe one day I will give it another try.