MIA; Have you seen these games?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: MIA; Have you seen these games?

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

Well, everything was making that transition really. Xenogears for example, brilliant game, but some of the worst 3d graphics out there. It was in an experimental phase, so I can see why you were put off, but you have to give them some form of leniency considering. They progress graphically too, Suikoden V's graphics were awesome. Maintained the traditional top view fashion but with excellent third dimension sprites. I'd definitely give it another shot. I personally loved III, the story line was awesome and shocked you upon the realization of who the masked man was the first time around. ;)
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

I think I will try to pick up the series again. Thanks for encouraging me towards it. I will have to thank you once I play them.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Shenmue III - Is killing me :evil:

Streets of Rage 4

Got my new Monkey Island game after 9 years so I'm good there. :P

Sonic 4 "old school"

Albert Odyssey Gaiden 2

Dark Savior 2

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

Where do those stats come from brightshield?

It's the overall average on Gamerankings.

For those number to stand up, you have to assume that the reviewing criteria didn't change from 1995-2006. That sounds pretty naive to me.

Another problem: there are far more reviews for the games past 2. That makes it far more likely for the first two games to skew in one direction or the other.

What does all this have to do with anything? All I said was that Suikoden 3 didn't get mediocre reviews.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Oooh, Shenmue, phyco! YES!
Suikoden 3 is the highest rated game in the series.
What does all this have to do with anything? All I said was that Suikoden 3 didn't get mediocre reviews.
There's a big difference between highest rated and "didn't get mediocre reviews."

If you'd actually said, then I think people would've better accepted it. But yeah, what little I've seen of Suikoden 3, it wasn't terrible.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Sonic, my name is WD RPG WD, not phycho. :lol:

Maybe I should change my avatar. Glad to hear there is another person that wants Shenmue III.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Well, GameRanking's does take all the major media sites and average their scores, so it's a pretty accurate way of seeing what kind of rankings a game got. That doesn't mean it's right. :) Though Suikoden III was quality, IMO. Still, I'd probably take II and V over it, but it's up there pretty close. The entire series outside of IV is outstanding. VI is overdue.
-G1

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Most of the games i have and played have sequels already. (i need to expand my game collection)
I would like to see more Lunars
and another legend of dragoon and chrono cross/trigger would be nice.
I cant really think of anything that hasn't been mentioned yet at the moment.

(^^;.........I play the atelier games.....I like the alchemy : <)

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Hmmm...I can't really think of much that deserves a sequel other than:
Lunar (obviously)
Threads of Fate

I would say Legend of Dragoon, but I still need to beat that game. >_<;

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:Well, GameRanking's does take all the major media sites and average their scores, so it's a pretty accurate way of seeing what kind of rankings a game got. That doesn't mean it's right. :) Though Suikoden III was quality, IMO. Still, I'd probably take II and V over it, but it's up there pretty close. The entire series outside of IV is outstanding. VI is overdue.
Scores are an ordinal level whose meaning differs from person to person. Averaging scores is kind of like averaging social security numbers; it doesn't really mean what people think it means. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

Did anyone here ever play Spellcaster on the Sega Master System? I would love to see a Spellcaster 2.

A new Dragon Force would be awesome as well.

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

There's a big difference between highest rated and "didn't get mediocre reviews."

Both apply to Suikoden 3 though... unless you count an 86 as mediocre.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Kiz, the point I was making is that GameRankings is a highly used site in the gaming industry to keep tabs on the kinds of review scores a game is getting from all major media.

And speaking of old games being revived... a new Lufia was just announced today.
-G1

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

GhaleonOne wrote:Kiz, the point I was making is that GameRankings is a highly used site in the gaming industry to keep tabs on the kinds of review scores a game is getting from all major media.

And speaking of old games being revived... a new Lufia was just announced today.
WHAT?!!!

Hopefully it's better than the last Lufia game.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Sonic# wrote:
GhaleonOne wrote:Kiz, the point I was making is that GameRankings is a highly used site in the gaming industry to keep tabs on the kinds of review scores a game is getting from all major media.

WHAT?!!!

Were any of the Lufia games past II worth playing? How many are there total? 4 or 5?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I know. I was just pointing out that the method of averaging scores is fundamentally flawed from a statistics perspective. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Sonic# wrote:

WHAT?!!!

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1229437_1124.html

Apparently the original Lufia team is doing it too.
-G1

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Ardent Fox wrote:
While we're really living in a fantasy world of good sequels and gumdrop smiles, let's drop a Kid Icarus 2.
You realize there is a Kid Icarus 2 right? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Icarus ... d_Monsters

Werefrog wrote:
Were any of the Lufia games past II worth playing? How many are there total? 4 or 5?
There's four games and a sub-game for cell phones.

And I didn't even think the first two were very good.

thepeaguy
Burg Farmer

Post by thepeaguy »

I would like to see the Langrisser games being ported and translated to English plz.

cj iwakura
Student of Vane

Post by cj iwakura »

Fear Effect 3: Inferno. Got canned by Eidos.

Might be for the best. Rumor has it this game might have gotten an AO.