Civilization IV PBEM Game

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Civilization IV PBEM Game

Post by Kizyr »

It's on! We'll use this thread to trash-talk, taunt, or if you'd like, maybe negotiations even.

Player Order
So here are the players in order:
1) Kizyr - Julius Caesar of the Romans
kaizyr [at] gmail.com

2) Sonic# - Elizabeth I of the English
jhowar16 [at] gmail.com

3) Ardent Fox - Catherine of the Russians
foxthevaliant13 [at] gmail.com

4) Phyco126 - Washington of the Americans
Phyco126 [at] gmail.com

Instructions
- Usual PBEM rules here. When you receive the save file, load it and play your turn. Once you're done with your turn, it'll save the game in the same folder. Email this save file to the next one in the list (so I email Sonic#, Sonic# emails Ardent, Ardent emails Phyco, and Phyco emails me).
- Be sure to send the next person the game you just saved, not the one you just received! This should be easy, as it'll say something like "Civ4 LunarNET Game to [next person in list]" or something.
- Also, when you first load the game, you'll be prompted for a password. Enter one (and remember this or write it down; you'll need it for the rest of the game). Every time you load the game thereafter, you'll need to enter that password.
- I'm not sure how trade works out yet. We'll build that bridge when we come to it.

Rules
Map: Terra, Small, Temperate Climate, Normal Sea Levels
Game: Ancient Era Start, Normal Speed
Victory Conditions: Conquest, Space Race, Culture, no Diplomatic

Misc
Please post here if you're expecting a delay for any reason (vacation, e.g.). I mean all of us have lives, so it's understandable if there's a week here or there where you can't play a turn and get back to us. But it's nice to have some notice so we're not wondering if you forgot.
---

So I just sent the first turn to Sonic#.

SIC INFIT!
-SPQR
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Civilization IV PBEM Game

Post by Sonic# »

And I just sent to Ardent Fox. I have found a quiet little bit of Earth to establish my Londonium... and when I am a little more awake, I'll actually spell it right!
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Sent on to Psycho. Russia has risen and local villages have seen fit to give us money if we help them survive our harsh winters. Wise move for such barbaric tribes.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Ardent, can you send it again? I just checked my e-mail and its not there, not even in my junk mail.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Those Americans and their red tape. 4000 BCE and they're already losing their passport applications.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

....this is going to be problematic if it happens every turn. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, I suppose in the best interest of the game, you can mass e-mail me the save. I have a 3 e-mail accounts that I check daily, so it's bound to make it to me in one of them.

Phyco126 [at] gmail.com
Phyco126 [at] netzero.net
Charles_ritz15 [at] hotmail.com

Remember folks, the bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the bureaucracy. :D

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

I managed to grab some time to send another. Sorry, I sent it to the Hotmail account.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Alright, despite the Russians attempting to already sabatage our mighty nation, we have found a perfect settlement location. Soon America will rise and our capitilistic ways shall sway influance across the world. Of course, it'll have to come at a cost of some education, so pardon the grammar. Someday I shall offer reforms, someday...

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

A query: Who hast dropped the coronal and set it a-tumble down the steps at Winchester? Or, perhaps I should say, to whom does the turn fall? It has been many a day since I have issued a command to my people, and I would be loathe to find they have been idle.
Sonic#

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

(And so it begins...) Well, I sent mine off and haven't received anything from Phyco yet, so it's either Ardent Fox or Phyco. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Which turn? I sent turn 3 (4?) to Kiz. So unless the e-mail got lost in cyberspace, I say don't look at me. :oops:

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

This is an absolute outrage! Russia demands satisfaction!

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

The last email I got was for 3920BC (Turn 3), on November 15th.

Did you send it to the right address? If so, try my regular gmail instead:
kaizyr -at- gmail.com

If that works, then I'll change my email address in the first post to reflect that; there may be some odd issues with the forwarding. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Alright, I'll send it again. Perhaps each of us should have two e-mails, just in case?

Edit: Kiz, I sent you the save via your gmail account.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, finally received it and sent it off to Sonic#.

I changed my email address in the first post, by the way. So just use my gmail address here on out.

Also, I'm going to be on vacation from Tuesday to Monday, so... if I get another turn in that week, I won't be able to return it 'til Monday evening. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

Any chance you guys can post non-too-revealing screenshots? Ya know, for bragging rights? lol, i kinda want to follow this. :)
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

The American people enjoy showing what Democracy and freedoms can do for a nation. Once there is a nation to post a picture of, that is. It'll be a few days me thinks before anything worth posting.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Yeah, right now I have only three or four cities, so that would hardly be fair.

:P And by that I mean it's four turns in. Hardly a shape to the map, yet.
Sonic#

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Tua iam mendacia cerno.
-SPQR
~Kizyr (they|them)