Alright, I broke down and bought a PSP.

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Alright, I broke down and bought a PSP.

Post by Jasonb12 »

Sorry to hear that. Think you might be able to get it repaired? If not, a Japanese PSP might be good for you to buy... =(
"To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step..."

neovane911
Reza Thief

Post by neovane911 »

I've yet to break down and buy one yet.. i'm tempted though. My brother-in-law has the God of War edition. I played it and didn't stop for about 5 hours.. lol.. now that i think about it, it may be healthier for my sanity if I didn't get one =]

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

I have a blue Japanese PSP. Had it for over a year and it hasn't failed me yet! =D
"To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step..."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I want the purple one that's in a bundle with a Hannah Montana game, but not enough to buy the bundle. Though I might if my husband had not just acquired our second PSP, making it rather ridiculous to buy a third. Oh well.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Justinzero wrote:So I was jamming on more HSS this weekend, and I noticed the screen on my new PSP going to the craphouse. After this replacement, I'll be on my fifth, yeah fifth, PSP console.
You must have terrible luck with PSPs! o_o

I have an original PSP 1000 (well, more like 1001, but whatever) and it's still going strong. I've been thinking about investing in a 2000 so I can play on my HDTV, though. I doubt I'll even do that though unless my PSP dies.
Alunissage wrote:I want the purple one that's in a bundle with a Hannah Montana game, but not enough to buy the bundle. Though I might if my husband had not just acquired our second PSP, making it rather ridiculous to buy a third. Oh well.
If you're willing to take apart your PSP, you can probably find a purple faceplate for the PSP online. I've seen all sorts of colors from green, to red, to gold, etc.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

*Silver Phoenix projectile vomits all over Alunissage's post*

...and I don't even need to explain why.

Wait until you can find plating, or even just a skin. Don't waste the money. You could also pimp your PSP by taking it apart and doing a custom paint job.

I just got my Silver 3000 bundle from my father for Xmas. It's the only decent thing I got. I was not pleased with this Nyko-TV Link Component Cable he got me as it was not the Sony one, but it's 10ft so as long as the quality isn't crap I can deal.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Now that's just rude. The judgment of what is and isn't a waste of my own money is mine to make. In any case, I'm not in the habit of taking apart my consoles just for cosmetic purposes, and really have no interest in after-market face plates; I'd buy the unit in the color I want or live without -- the latter being what I am doing, since as I said we already have two PSPs (a 1000 and a 3000). I just saw the purple one in Fry's and liked the color, and apparently the bundle went on sale at Walmart shortly afterward for only $10 more than the cost of a regular new PSP, but by then my husband had decided to buy his coworker's barely-touched model 1000 so I had no justification at all. He actually did that with the first one, the 3000, too; I was thinking of getting a Japanese one in green or blue but again there was no point once he informed me he'd purchased one. Sigh. Someday maybe there will be a second game to play on it and I'll finally get to get one in a color of my choice and give one of these black ones to my sister or my brother-in-law or something. Though the upside to my spouse preemptively buying the boring black ones before I could get a colorful one is that he's paying for them rather than me.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I think he meant it's Hannah Montana and the idea of buying anything Hannah Montana is vomit. At least, that was how I got it. I don't think he was trying to be rude. I think that Hannah Montana is terrible in my opinion too.

I have to say that the PSP was pretty in the bundle and if it wasn't Hannah Montana and I had the money, I'd probably buy it too.

But anyway, I understand not wanting to mess with the faceplates and stuff. I had thought about getting a blue one in the past, but then decided against it as I would probably break my PSP in the process. I would use stickers, but I don't want stickers/label things on my PSP. :P

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Now now, there is no rudeness going on. Don't be so quick to attack. You want a Lilac PSP, so it is your prerogative to buy or not to buy. Yes, it is a waste of money to buy into anything HaM related unless you're a tween. The only true identity switcher is GEM, and unless that is a Lilac PSP GEM edition you don't want it. Truly, Truly, TRULY outrageous.

I was only giving you options as to achieve your color if it was that important (which it isn't).

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The rudeness was the "projectile vomit" on my post. Ick. And I don't think getting a bundle specifically for the colored console and ignoring the rest is "buying into" anything. I have Nintendogs because someone else (Rune Lai, as it happens) wanted the teal DS that came with the Best Friends version and didn't care about the game, so I got it.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

ilovemyguitar wrote:Okay, looks like I've got enough suggestions here to keep me busy with games until Lunar finally arrives.

I think I'd probably end up with some pretty awful karma if I engaged in video game piracy. I'm planning on self-publishing an album of some sort in 2010, and I wouldn't want someone to pirate that.
Hey check out this older thread where PSP games were recommended:

http://www.lunarthreads.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4096

Also, I applaud you for your honesty. Unfortunately, I hope that the honest consumers don't get gouged because a few people are stealing.

I think the gaming industry has really positioned itself to fix the prices of video games. The birth of the download game has really inflated the cost of older titles, and even newer ones.

Sagagadego'09
Saith Pirate

Post by Sagagadego'09 »

just did the samething and got 4 games also have the lunar demo on my memory stick too

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Silver Phoenix wrote:The only true identity switcher is GEM, and unless that is a Lilac PSP GEM edition you don't want it. Truly, Truly, TRULY outrageous.
Nothing to add, except that it merits being said again. ^_^
「まあいいけど。」

Chrono
Burg Farmer

Post by Chrono »

I love my psp, Dissidia was allright, can you ever find anyone online to play with? I can't. Right now I just got ff7 and ff8 off the PSN store, so that should keep me busy till the new lunar.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Chrono wrote:I love my psp, Dissidia was allright, can you ever find anyone online to play with? I can't. Right now I just got ff7 and ff8 off the PSN store, so that should keep me busy till the new lunar.
I haven't even put the battery in my PSP yet, as I got the Gran Turismo bundle even though it's not a game I'm really interested in. I only asked for the PSP as a gift because of Lunar. The same thing happened when I bought the original model DS, for the abomination known as Lunar:Dragon Dung. The original DS didn't have as nice of a screen, but the audio quality was much better than the later models.
Shiva Indis wrote:Nothing to add, except that it merits being said again. ^_^
I'm glad you appreciate my homage to Gem, and how she could rock a pink or lilac PSP. I know someone in particular who would die for one, and no it wouldn't be me. :P