That Christmas topic

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

That Christmas topic

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

yup im creating the infamous "what is everyone doing for Christmas" thread

Dose everyone have they're shopping done? and what are you doing?

So far i have none of my shopping done, and i wont be getting to town till next Tuesday (cutting it a little close) I'm not really doing anything, staying at home, but my Auntie, uncle cousin and her new fiance (and their annoying little dog) are coming down for 2 or 3 days, and will be here for christmas, and my Papa's sister might be coming down too, and she might bring her son. Then my other auntie and 4 cousins might come over for a visit on christmas day or the day after.
I'm not really in a Christmas mood this year, well not yet anyways, thers still time for holiday cheer to burst out. Im just glad i don't have to work christmas like my unlucky friend.

So what about everyone else?
and if you celebrate some other winter holiday, i would like to hear what your doing too.
I guess i should have named it that winter holiday topic.

Well, Happy Holidays everyone!

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: That Christmas topic

Post by Monde Luna »

Xmas shopping - check

plans - spending xmas w/ my rents but we are spending the weekend before w/ the hubbys rents. Plus lots of cuddling w/ the puppy! (he's a dog but he will always be a puppy to me)

Xmas tree - fake and prelit no decorations this year

Gingerbread house/village - check this was actually a lot of fun to assemble to bad the ants decided it was fun and yummy as well.

I've been so busy that it has been hard to get into the holiday festivities. I don't even feel like Christmas is next week. And Kaiya-Sky I wish you and all other holiday celebrators happy holidays as well!

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Done with my shopping. Spending the holidays with family, and hoping that I'll somehow finish my fanart on time. >> <<
-Nobi

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

This is an extremely shi++y Christmas ( last year and this year) for me and my family, so the gift giving will be practically non-existent. As I've gotten older the holiday has become less of an enjoyment and more of a hassle. I just don't care for it anymore and don't care to celebrate. I guess when all of you have is a dark cloud constantly taking a crap on you it's hard to enjoy anything in life. It just never seems to end. :(

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Silver Phoenix wrote:This is an extremely shi++y Christmas ( last year and this year) for me and my family, so the gift giving will be practically non-existent. As I've gotten older the holiday has become less of an enjoyment and more of a hassle. I just don't care for it anymore and don't care to celebrate. I guess when all of you have is a dark cloud constantly taking a crap on you it's hard to enjoy anything in life. It just never seems to end. :(
Bah, Humbug
Im sorry to hear that, i hope things get better for you soon. Hopefull next Chirstmas will be more cheery for you. ^^

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I too have been broke for the last couple of years.

But, the one thing that gives me solace is realizing that it isn't the money that gives me pleasure, its knowing that I have someone to stand by me (my wife). Money is so temporary.

BTW, I don't know how applicable to you this is, but it certainly is for me:

There were two brothers, they each had a wife and 3 kids. One of the brothers was wealthy, and the other just able to get by.

One of the children of the poor brother realized that "Santa" gave better gifts to his cousin/Uncle's family. He asked his parents why. And they responded by saying that you should be happy that someone you love and care about is able to get good things.

That's a blessing in itself. Be happy, that others can be happy. Or be happy that others get good things. Don't be jealous.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'm going home and seeing the family this Christmas. Three siblings, two sibling-in-laws, two parents, four aunts and uncles, three grandparents, and four cousins. They seem like a lot more people when I go over there.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

I still enjoy Christmas no matter how many years pass by. Yes, there are certain years where money is tighter, but those are the times where you just have to be more creative :)

All the shopping is done and all the presents have been shipped to our home cities. As for Christmas itself, this year it'll be just me, my girl and my dog :)
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

This is my favorite time of the year. I know that sometimes life does not work out the way we had hoped. But this is the time of year to be thankful for what we do have. Remember, all you really need is the ground under your feet, and the air to breath. Every day above ground is a good day. In these difficult economic times, I know that it is harder than ever for people to remain so optimistic. But be thankful for your family. Be thankful for your friends.

I will be spending Christmas with my family as usual. Christmas Eve with my Mother's side, and Christmas Day with my Father's side. I got the first tree of my own this year as this is the first Christmas I am celebrating after getting my own home. So perhaps my wife and I will have our own celebration as well.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Christmas is still my favorite time of year, and actually probably means more to me now than it did as a kid. Though I don't really get much in terms of presents anymore. I love the season, including Christmas music! I love love love Christmas music actually! Bah humbug to anyone that doesn't!
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

(Just a quick note, shouldn't this be moved to the general board?)

I like christmas and what it stand for (which I can assure you, is probably different than what it stands for many). What I don't like, is my own general grumpiness that seems to seeth out of me this time of year. I can't help it, my moods are just more sour as the days get shorter. Also, it doesn't help that I expect people to be kinder and more patient this time of year, but instead people everywhere are just as rude and retarded as any other day, which irritates me to the point where I just lose my mind and want to hurt something.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

I hear what many of you are saying. This can be a bit of a depressing time of year as well with shorter days, and perhaps even memories of those who have passed. But overall, it is still a beautiful and special time of year. Just be thankful for what you have. In case I don't comment on the boards for a while, I want to wish you all a merry Christmas (or happy holidays) and a happy New Year!