Ugh Video Games..

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Ugh Video Games..

Post by Shin Otaku III »

So I totally miss console gaming. I used to have a xbox 360 and a ds, but both were in my car when it got stolen about 6 months ago. No biggy, guitar hero was pretty much the only game I played on 360, but I def miss pokemon and mario on my ds. I've kept it under wraps on here, but I do play WoW. I have two level 80's. I've been on there since release day in 2004. For any of you who may have been playing as long as me, you know that things have drastically changed. It seems like there's no challenge to anything anymore. The people I know irl that play haven't been on because they've made everything less competitive. I come on here to lunar-net and remember back when I played my console games more than anything else. It makes me kinda sad. I did break down and get a psp so I'd be ready for the new lunar. I got star ocean and enjoyed it for a while, but I didn't want to get into that in this thread. Really my only options are to sit around on WoW, beat loco roco (again), or finish star ocean (which I really have lost touch with). Unfortunately, star trek online and lunar aren't coming out until AT LEAST February. I'm sure there's already a "what are you doing while you wait on lunar" thread, but my lack of decent video games is killing me. SO I ask you guys, what is keeping you guys entertained until Lunar/another game you're waiting on comes out??

tl;dr Games these days suck. What are you guys doing until lunar comes out?

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Ugh Video Games..

Post by Quark »

I have not had time to play a video game since July. I had the bright idea to attend graduate school while working full time and balancing a property and a marriage. NOT EASY lol. I'll tell you what I would do if I had the free time. I would replay Suikoden 1 and 2. I never played the games later in the series, but 1 and 2 are at the top of my all time best RPG list.

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

Oh, and by the way, Silver Phoenix highly recommended the later games in the series (at least he recommended Suikoden 3 if I remember correctly). Anyway, I may be giving it a try if I ever get some free time.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Quark, I have never played any of the Suikoden games myself but they have a loyal following of fans. I know the earliest of the series has a lot of fans. You may have been referring to Sensei Phoenix recommending them.

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

Well, I was way off. I went back and looked at my posts and saw the it was Guild_Premier_Ghaleon who recommended the later Suikoden titles. Sorry about that.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

It's ok, I'm always worth mentioning. 8-)

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

I think I had you in mind for another reason. Are you the one that has particularly strong feelings about the original Sega CD games being by far the best? If so, I could not agree with you more.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Video games have just sort of been boring to me lately, so I haven't really touched or cared about anything except for a few select game series I am a huge fan of (Castlevania, Devil May Cry, Lunar, and Tales of Series).

I had thought about finally beating the original Lunar Eternal Blue since I still haven't beaten it. I feel ashamed since I have beaten TSS, SSS, Legends, and EBC but not poor EB. I have to start it all over since my data got wiped out at Taben's Peak and I just haven't had the motivation to start it over yet. >_>

I'm either going to play EB or Legend of Dragoon since those are both amazing games I still need to beat. I'm leaning more towards LoD since I just started it over again. I got stuck on disk 2 ages ago and forgot what was going on in the game, lol.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

Dark_Fairy wrote:I'm leaning more towards LoD since I just started it over again. I got stuck on disk 2 ages ago and forgot what was going on in the game, lol.
I made it to the final boss a few years ago, and just picked it up last month. However, I couldn't come across a PS1 memory card and it wouldn't accept a PS2 card, so I had to leave the PS2 console on for a few days...I almost made it to disc 2. I got ripped off...I didn't die, but my three guys got stunned...for some reason, that counts the same as death...ugh...Disc 1 is so boring, I'll prolly never pick of LoD again, but if you can made it to disc 2, should be a real good time :) LoD is a great game for the last 3/4, lol
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Quark wrote:I think I had you in mind for another reason. Are you the one that has particularly strong feelings about the original Sega CD games being by far the best? If so, I could not agree with you more.
Yes, I am strong in my convictions regarding the original games. The impact of the story was greater I believe, and regardless of the nice new cg anime sequences the remakes really changed what made the originals so great. This is more the case with TSS than EB, but the EB remake was changed for the worse and not the better. I'm glad you recognize the quality, Quark.

Dark Fairy, shame on you! How could you not play and complete the original EB before playing EBC? Yes I know the sprites are prettier, but you're missing some key elements of the game that never appeared in the remake. Let alone the sound was also better in the Sega CD game.

I've never played LoD but I know it's got fans.

Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Shin Otaku III »

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys. :mrgreen: I've heard of suikoden before, but never actually tried it. That was especially a good suggestion since they have suikoden I & II for PSP, and that is the only console I have right now. As for LoD, I played the demo a couple of times and was even about to buy it, but my sister took my PS1 before I could ever play it. I agree it is tough to get memory cards these days. I just recently bought SSSC and EBC for PS1 off ebay (since mine are gone), and I was gonna get a PS2 to play them on. Still haven't done it, but I love the suikoden suggestion.. I'm gonna have to check that out (:

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Dark Fairy, shame on you! How could you not play and complete the original EB before playing EBC? Yes I know the sprites are prettier, but you're missing some key elements of the game that never appeared in the remake. Let alone the sound was also better in the Sega CD game.
I know, I should have beaten it already. Laziness on my part. ^^;

Because of the guilt I'm feeling, I think I'll play EB now instead of LoD. Plus, I'm kinda in the mood to play it now anyway. :P
Shin Otaku III wrote:Thanks for taking the time to reply guys. :mrgreen: I've heard of suikoden before, but never actually tried it. That was especially a good suggestion since they have suikoden I & II for PSP, and that is the only console I have right now. As for LoD, I played the demo a couple of times and was even about to buy it, but my sister took my PS1 before I could ever play it. I agree it is tough to get memory cards these days. I just recently bought SSSC and EBC for PS1 off ebay (since mine are gone), and I was gonna get a PS2 to play them on. Still haven't done it, but I love the suikoden suggestion.. I'm gonna have to check that out (:
PSX memory cards are hard to find. That's why when I saw a stack of them for $5 each last year at a local store of mine, I made sure to buy 3 of them. So, now I have 10 memory cards (even though one is missing). I haven't played the Suikoden series either, but a lot of people here do praise it, so I would go for it and try it.

Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Shin Otaku III »

Just an update! I still haven't gotten suikoden, but I just happen to see Mirror's Edge on Steam for 4.99 So I went ahead and bought that. I forgot to mention that I have a amazing computer. I run Mirror's Edge at full settings perfectly. It has been a lot of fun; I must say. I also got star trek TOS season 3!!! Anyways..

tl;dr Got mirror's edge and star trek tos.. WIN :3