What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Sonix
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Sonix »

Borrowed Yakuza 2 from my friend. Gonna beat it before 9 gets released, but they already shipped it. I'll probably have it before finishing 2.
I'm at chapter 6 now, and its a great game.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Yeah after 2 of my Sega CDs died and the last one ruined my EB save from a faulty memory I said %@%@ it and I don't use consoles that don't have memory cards, except for my SNES since its not something I would pick up and want to go back to constantly.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

I only bought my Sega CDX and Memory Card 5 years ago... But I tell you, if I couldn't find the memory card, I wouldn't have went after the system.
"To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step..."

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Jasonb12 wrote:You sure that it wasn't a problem with the battery?

Although that happens to me a lot when it comes to Super Metroid and Kirby Super Star... I wish there was a way to back up these files... -.-'
*shrug* I honestly don't know much bout that junk. All I know is when I unhooked it game went bye bye, so I refused to till I finished, lol. I've played the first half of that game waaaay too much. Though it is a good game.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

I really do need to get a new battery for that memory cart. Shining Force CD has been staring me in the face for a good two months now, and I don't have the free space to start a game.

The last boss of Disgaea is haaaaaard. It'll be another five hours of leveling before I can even stand a chance. I'm at 95 hours right now. So help me, though, I will beat this game before the weekend is up.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Vyse, you have the patient of a saint. As do all strategy RPG fans. I don't like sitting around leveling characters when you get like nothing since exp is by enemys your unit killed rather than shared exp... =/ I'll never finish Disgaea or FF Tactics or any other tactics game.

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

I think I'll take a break from gaming and then resume Shining Force III.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Im taking a break from SSH (ugh, fluffy bug) and should be picking up SMT: Strange Journey soon... doubt I'll play it right away, though. I really want Pokemon HeartGold... it can't get here fast enough <3

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

We started Arc the Lad a few days ago, which has been a nice bit of nostalgia for me since I played it rather a lot in 2001. However, since my husband got FFXIII Arc may be on hold, which will be disappointing to me as I'd prefer it.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

ShindoW wrote:Vyse, you have the patient of a saint. As do all strategy RPG fans. I don't like sitting around leveling characters when you get like nothing since exp is by enemys your unit killed rather than shared exp... =/ I'll never finish Disgaea or FF Tactics or any other tactics game.
There are SRPGs out there that don't involve much in the way of leveling.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Alunissage wrote:We started Arc the Lad a few days ago, which has been a nice bit of nostalgia for me since I played it rather a lot in 2001. However, since my husband got FFXIII Arc may be on hold, which will be disappointing to me as I'd prefer it.
Ah yes, good ol' Arc the Lad. I still love the first two parts and still remember getting the first one as an import and just staring at all the little details in the backgrounds. *sigh* memories...

Currently playing: Lunar SSH (duh), God of War 1&2 and Heavy Rain, though I'm not liking it as much as I thought I would..
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

liquidpolicenaut wrote:
Alunissage wrote:We started Arc the Lad a few days ago, which has been a nice bit of nostalgia for me since I played it rather a lot in 2001. However, since my husband got FFXIII Arc may be on hold, which will be disappointing to me as I'd prefer it.
Ah yes, good ol' Arc the Lad. I still love the first two parts and still remember getting the first one as an import and just staring at all the little details in the backgrounds. *sigh* memories...

Currently playing: Lunar SSH (duh), God of War 1&2 and Heavy Rain, though I'm not liking it as much as I thought I would..
We have that. At some point I'll give it another try. (I think I had tried it). I had a dvd of the anime (no idea where it went...still got the case lol). It wasn't bad. I'd like to get the rest.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Imperial Knight wrote:
ShindoW wrote:Vyse, you have the patient of a saint. As do all strategy RPG fans. I don't like sitting around leveling characters when you get like nothing since exp is by enemys your unit killed rather than shared exp... =/ I'll never finish Disgaea or FF Tactics or any other tactics game.
There are SRPGs out there that don't involve much in the way of leveling.
Care to elaborate? I really liked FFT:Advanced and Arc the Lad, but never got around to finishing them. ^^l

Added March 13th: Just picked up TSS again after putting down SSH for a little bit. I'm in the process of getting Lunar EB rom that isn't broken and the Saturn rom too so I can play through them alongside the PSX and re-enjoy the Sega CD vers :D

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Imperial Knight wrote:There are SRPGs out there that don't involve much in the way of leveling.
The Shining Force series is the only one that springs to mind. Maybe also Ogre Battle? It's certainly unique, but I think it could still be classified as an SRPG.

I haven't been playing much lately. Midterms were last week, and I've had a bout of depression. So I've mainly been vegetating and watching anime. I did play some BlazBlue, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Ragnarok Battle Offline, though.

Sophia
Lostest Boy

Post by Sophia »

Currently playing Pokemon HeartGold. I wasn't planning on getting the game at launch (wanted to finish other DS stuff first) but when I saw that shining gold box at the store...I just couldn't resist.

Console-wise, I'm slowly working my way through Metroid Prime 2.

Arya
Lann Fisherman

Post by Arya »

Right now I started playing Thousand Arms again. Played it a while back and enjoyed it, I had almost forgot how horny Meis is lol.

Not that I play it much any more but, I still occasionaly play Guild Wars. I've been playing it for 4 1/2 years now, and although no new content is coming for it I still log in from time to time to see whats going on. After I got the title "God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals" I really lost major interest in the game.

Sophia
Lostest Boy

Post by Sophia »

Vyse of Arcadia wrote:The Shining Force series is the only one that springs to mind. Maybe also Ogre Battle? It's certainly unique, but I think it could still be classified as an SRPG.

I think the Growlanser series is another one. At least I don't remember ever needing to level grind in II or III. (Still haven't played V)

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

I'm currently playing through Silver Star Harmony and dabbling in Street Fighter 4 every few days or so. I REALLY wanna buy Final Fantasy 13, but I feel like I need to beat SSH first so I can focus on one game at a time. Being an adult gamer is tough sometimes bc I feel like I don't have as much time as I used to. I work during the week, spend the evening time either with friends or in music rehearsals, and then I play Yugioh at a local game shop on the weekends. I'm SWAMPED! Lol.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Sophia wrote:
Vyse of Arcadia wrote:The Shining Force series is the only one that springs to mind. Maybe also Ogre Battle? It's certainly unique, but I think it could still be classified as an SRPG.

I think the Growlanser series is another one. At least I don't remember ever needing to level grind in II or III. (Still haven't played V)
I loved Growlanser II and III. :D

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Pokemon Diamond