What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Jenner wrote:I need to pick up Tales of Symphonia.

Right now, I'm playing Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town.

Does anyone know how to get the hot nurse chick to marry me? She has max affection but she keeps turning down my blue feather and breaking my fragile heart.
I recall having that problem in Back to Nature. Is your house upgraded all the way? Do you have all the cooking items?

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Vyse of Arcadia wrote:
Jenner wrote:I need to pick up Tales of Symphonia.

Right now, I'm playing Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town.

Does anyone know how to get the hot nurse chick to marry me? She has max affection but she keeps turning down my blue feather and breaking my fragile heart.
I recall having that problem in Back to Nature. Is your house upgraded all the way? Do you have all the cooking items?
I think so...
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

When I have time, I've been playing Oblivion, as a deer-punching Golden Saint. It relieves stress. Also some Team Fortress 2, Lunar HSS, Scribblenauts, and Chrono Trigger. I kind of want to continue playing either Persona 3 or Wild Arms 3. And I've been eyeing other PSP RPGs.

Jenner:

A couple of things from the Relationship Guide FAQ on GameFAQs.

" If you raise someone's Heart Level too fast, it's possible that you can
wind up skipping a Heart Event. If the Heart Level becomes too high, it will
prevent you from viewing a lower event. For example, in FoMT, if you get Elli
to Purple Heart before seeing her Black Heart event, you will not be able to
trigger the Black Heart event at all (or any subsequent events). You will have
to work to lower her Heart Level back down. You canNOT get married to a
character without seeing each of that character's four Heart Events."

And the requirements generally:
"-- Have your love at Red Heart level.
-- Propose using the Blue Feather.
-- View each of your love's four heart events in order.
-- Own all items sold from the TV Shopping Network.
-- Have the largest (final) house upgrade.
-- Being friends with your love's relatives is NOT a requirement, but it will
boost your chances of being accepted on the first try."
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Solana
Student of Vane

Post by Solana »

How far are you on Wild Arms 3? I gave it a good start and was really intrigued by the story, but had a lot of trouble with the lack of healing options available. (Even if it is a desert and hard to grow things...) Also, which version of Chrono Trigger, out of curiosity?
This is either madness, or brilliance- Will Turner
It's remarkable how often those traits coincide- Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Solana wrote:How far are you on Wild Arms 3? I gave it a good start and was really intrigued by the story, but had a lot of trouble with the lack of healing options available. (Even if it is a desert and hard to grow things...) Also, which version of Chrono Trigger, out of curiosity?
I'm actually about four-fifths through the game, I think. I'm at the point where you can travel anywhere in the world pretty much. I have trouble keeping focus at that point typically. I normally piddle a few side quests and then fizzle out for a time. But I've been feeling lately like getting back.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

I've put several hours into Grandia III over the course of the weekend. The characters are really starting to pull me in. Not so much Yuki and Alfina. They're as generic as RPG characters come. But Miranda and Alonso, yes. They're not your typical JRPG characters; they're a bit older, for one. Miranda seems to be about in her mid-30s (implying she had Yuki when she was a teenager; I smell backstory), and Alonso probably also. They seem to be more human and realistic, and they're a good foil for Yuki's and Alfina's sickeningly endless dreams and optimism.

That, and it's very interesting playing an RPG in which the protagonist's mother has anything approaching a significant role. I don't think I've heard of the like before.

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

I gave up Jewel Summoner. I sold it. It stunk. I'm just stuck with BlazBlue now.... till I get another good RPG... but I'm not sure what yet...

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

I'm 8 hours into Lunar 2: Eternal Blue on the PSX. (After playing SSH I just had to reply EBC. ^.^)

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

I put some time into Phantom Brave: We Meet Again over the weekend. I had forgotten how much I loved Phantom Brave. It's easily my favorite NIS game. Maybe even my favorite strategy RPG.

I also played Sega and Sonic All-Star Racing, which is fantastic. It's a complete clone of Mario Kart. But with Sega characters, so it's even better.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I want to pick up the Sega/Sonic racing game. Gfs a big fan of Sonic and I love Mario Kart.

I've been playing Record of Agarest War and Star Ocean Last Hope International.

sweetdreamer
Burg Farmer

Post by sweetdreamer »

Now that my exams are over, I've been playing Ace Attorney: Investigations. Like the previous AA games it plays like a virtual novel. The only one I haven't played is the very first; I can't find it anywhere and it's mega expensive on Amazon. :(

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I'm currently playing the PSP remake of the original Persona game. It's an interesting game, and feels much more old-school than I'd expected (I've never played a Persona game before), but I'm enjoying it.

The only real problem I'm having with it is that it reeks of Guide Dang It, between the "contact" system of winning over enemies and the ungodly complexity of creating new personas.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

ilovemyguitar wrote: The only real problem I'm having with it is that it reeks of Guide Dang It, between the "contact" system of winning over enemies and the ungodly complexity of creating new personas.
Yeah, I'm still upset Atlus and DoubleJump got in some sort of spat and the guide didn't work out. Doesn't sound good for Persona 3: Portable either, not that it's really needed.

I took some time off from playing games to playing guitar. I've learned 2 notes and can switch between them. I am esctatic.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I'm playing Grandia for the first time!!
I'm about 11 years late!! xD
(Sorry, just had to share my excitement. :B)
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

LuNaRtIc wrote:I'm playing Grandia for the first time!!
Great game! One of my favs!
-Nobi

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

LuNaRtIc wrote:I'm playing Grandia for the first time!!
Congrats! It's fantastic! I mean, liked it enough to put up with Justin's VA for 65 hours. The rest are decent, at least. Enjoying it so far? How far have you gotten?

I've been playing Valkyria Chronicles. The game is incredibly frustrating, and I can't put it down. My biggest beef is that it's impossible to make higher than a C rating in battles unless you know the map by heart, all the enemy unit positions, your characters never miss, and you happen to be clairvoyant. I'm really getting into the story, though!

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

I'm playing the Legend of Dragoon, well sort of, I'm at the end boss. I tried him once, got him down to red, he killed Rose and Meru, and confused Dart and that was the end of that, and i really don't want to attempt that again for awhile, he's such a boring boss. So i going to Play Tales of the Abyss now~

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

This weekend? These.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Currently replaying Final Fantasy IX. I forgot how much I loved it, really. Definitely reminds me why it's my favorite FF (with FF6 being second favorite). Right now I'm in the middle of disk 2. I also just discovered on my second play through that Quina is A LOT more useful than I thought.

I WAS playing Legend of Dragoon before that, but my game disk REFUSES to let me past the Gravity place on Disk 2. It takes forever to load any area in the dungeon, and then it won't let me beat the dang boss. I beat it, get to the victory screen, and then the game dies there. It tries to load the game for infinity and never loads it. I've tried using 2 different playstations and my PS2, same result. The PS2 won't even load the dungeon. The PS1s get me to the boss and then die. The funny thing is, there is only ONE tiny scratch on the game too. I bet that one scratch is where the data is for that stupid dungeon. ARGGGGGGG!!!!!!! I was really wanting to finally beat it too. D:

Rant over. XD

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Dark_Fairy wrote:Currently replaying Final Fantasy IX. I forgot how much I loved it, really. Definitely reminds me why it's my favorite FF (with FF6 being second favorite). Right now I'm in the middle of disk 2. I also just discovered on my second play through that Quina is A LOT more useful than I thought.
FF IX is my favorite FF too, i've played it atleast 8 times. Is Quina really useful? i never use him/her.