What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Kizyr »

QUINA IS FATAL HOPPING USELESS!
All you guys are insane. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Well, I am only on disk 2, so perhaps saying Quina is completely useful might be stretching it. On my first playthrough I NEVER used Quina, so S/He might be completely useless later on, depending on what kinds of blue magic I can get. Quina was useful while I had he/she, anyway. The dumbie left me at Clerya. Auto Life and the Shell/Protect spell combo were nice for that early in the game. Let me put it that way.

I'll let you know if Quina is useful later on. That is, if I can even get Quina back. I didn't get Quina that early my first playthrough I don't think. O_o

And thank you, I am insane. :twisted:

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Now that I've finally finished up SSH, I picked up Jeanne D'Arc for the PSP. I'm only in the second chapter so far, but I'm seriously loving this game's story. The entire concept of turning the story of Joan of Arc into a JRPG is kind of genius (boy king Henry VI as a literally demon-possessed child? love it!), and I'm finding that I actually care about Jeanne as a character. It's honestly kind of inspiring to see her trying to fight the good fight to save France and refusing to bend to the bureaucracy that attempts to get in her way, and her obvious insecurity when she snaps at Roger for calling her insane while they're storming Orléans is pretty compelling. It kinda breaks my heart that this story is likely going to end with her being burned at the stake. :cry: (And don't any of you dare spoil anything for me, or I'll hunt you down and end you.)

It's honestly been a while since I played a new JRPG with a story that didn't make me cringe, let alone one that got me emotionally invested. I was starting to think I'd outgrown the genre, so between this game and how much I loved the end of SSH, I'm really enjoying my gaming choices lately.

Lyriel
Lyton Singer

Post by Lyriel »

After beating Dragon Age: Origins for the second time last week (Fem!Cousland with Alistair - guess how that one ended? :P), I read on Kotaku that WoW: Cataclysm went into beta. It took me all of 30 seconds to cave and reactivate. :P Since I last played was when Ulduar was the top-end raid (I canceled with 10 man Glory of the Ulduar Raider, and five achievements short of the 25 man one), I was (and still am!) pretty gimp coming back... kind of an odd feeling, really, since I spent most of WOTLK in the #1-2 Alliance guild on the server and most of BC in the #4 Alliance guild.

I still need to sit down sometime and play Grandia, however. I quit Wild Arms 2 while still on "disc" 1; while the gameplay was really good, the story wasn't engrossing like the first one was, and the translation was mediocre even for 2000.

And, of course, I'm waiting for Ys 7. It'll be my first Ys game ever. :P
One must only believe that the Light of Hope will always shine brightly.

Kitdra
Student of Vane

Post by Kitdra »

Been playing Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2... and Mario Galxay 2.... thinking of bring out some of my old games to play XD...

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Civ4 has taken ahold of me once again now that I have the complete collection. Beyond the Sword content is so freakin' JAWSOME.

Also there's been some Boarderlands, Mass Effect 1 and 2, TF2 and CoH played. All of it, fun times.

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

I just got a DS and now I'm playing Tales of Innocence.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Still working on my replay Final Fantasy IX, but I'll probably quit that for a while because I'm also playing Tales of Innocence since I can now understand it. I played a little bit of ToI before (got to Hermana), but I quit since I couldn't understand what I was doing.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Gamefly just sent me Killer7. In a word, trippy. In two words, super trippy. Still, it's fun in an adventure game meets an on-rails shooter kinda way.

Gamefly also just shipped Sin and Punishment: Star Successor, so I'll be playing that in a few days. In the mean time, I'd like to put a few more hours into my Eternal Arcadia (JP Skies of Arcadia) playthough. I'd like to get to Sailor's Island, at least.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Killer7 is part of my greatest games of all time list. It was one of those rare times that the story was good enough to make me play it and get past the controls and on-rails thing.

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

I gotta say the dungeon designs in Innocence are terrible. The high monster spawn doesn't help that either.

The story and characters so far are solid, Ange being my favorite one. I'm using Luca, with Ange and Spada in my party. The soundtrack is pretty fresh for a Tales game, since its not by Sakuraba, but some themes are pretty bland. Some others are amazing, like the regular battle theme or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnYGJftj0MM . I'm about 17 hours in, level 37 or so, probably about 2/3 of the game.

Overall, I'm enjoying the game, but I get annoyed in dungeons occasionally, I'd rate it my 3rd or 4th favorite Tales game so far (I've played 6 excluding Innocence).
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

A friend of mine and I got to talking about RPGs, and I sent him home with my copy of Persona 3. I think he'll enjoy the hell outta it.

Another friend of mine came over and we spent the evening beating the crap out of each other in Melty Blood. The game is quickly finding a place in my heart, right next to BlazBlue and Guilty Gear.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Well, today is Dragon Quest IX day, so that. :)
-Nobi

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Nobiyuki77 wrote:Well, today is Dragon Quest IX day, so that. :)
I'm going to be sitting at my mailbox like a... ... like something that persistently waits at a mailbox until it arrives.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Sonix wrote:I gotta say the dungeon designs in Innocence are terrible. The high monster spawn doesn't help that either.

The story and characters so far are solid, Ange being my favorite one. I'm using Luca, with Ange and Spada in my party. The soundtrack is pretty fresh for a Tales game, since its not by Sakuraba, but some themes are pretty bland. Some others are amazing, like the regular battle theme or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnYGJftj0MM . I'm about 17 hours in, level 37 or so, probably about 2/3 of the game.

Overall, I'm enjoying the game, but I get annoyed in dungeons occasionally, I'd rate it my 3rd or 4th favorite Tales game so far (I've played 6 excluding Innocence).
Honestly, I haven't gotten far enough to actually experience the horrible dungeons yet. I've been pretty busy lately and have just been playing Innocence in my free time. I just got Hermana in my party today. I probably could have gotten her sooner, but I went a little overboard with the guild missions and kind of overleveled my characters. It's a good thing I did though. The boss in the Regnum Caverns would have been really hard if I hadn't done that. From what I hear, a lot of people claim that boss to be pretty hard. Considering I was overleveled, I guess I was lucky.

As for my party, I primarily liked Luca, Spada, and Ange too, but I've switch her out for Ricardo for the time being. Ricardo's been pretty useful for me. I actually switch back and forth between playing as Spada and Luca in battle though. Spada is a combo master! :mrgreen:

I also have to agree that the battle themes are definitely good in this game. All of Sakuraba's battle themes started to sound the same after a while. :\

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Kaiya-Sky wrote:I'm playing the Legend of Dragoon, well sort of, I'm at the end boss. I tried him once, got him down to red, he killed Rose and Meru, and confused Dart and that was the end of that, and i really don't want to attempt that again for awhile, he's such a boring boss. So i going to Play Tales of the Abyss now~
I don't know if I misread my strategy guide but I was under the impression you had to use Dart, Kongol, and one other character to defeat the last boss, which is why I put that game down (and I'm missing 1 frickin' stardust somewhere)

I'm working on Shin Megami Tensei. I have run into the infamous Zombie Loop glitch and can't be bothered to level to get past it, though.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

ShindoW wrote:
Kaiya-Sky wrote:I'm playing the Legend of Dragoon, well sort of, I'm at the end boss. I tried him once, got him down to red, he killed Rose and Meru, and confused Dart and that was the end of that, and i really don't want to attempt that again for awhile, he's such a boring boss. So i going to Play Tales of the Abyss now~
I don't know if I misread my strategy guide but I was under the impression you had to use Dart, Kongol, and one other character to defeat the last boss, which is why I put that game down (and I'm missing 1 frickin' stardust somewhere)
Really? i never herd of having to use specific people to defeat the end boss, and they don't mention anything about it in the game, I hope i don't have to I'm really bad with Kongal, but i did almost kill him with Meru and Rose so i don't think you have to. Missing one Star dust would really suck it could be anywhere, and it would be really anoying to find.

SamuraiSushi
Saith Pirate

Post by SamuraiSushi »

I'm currently playing Magna Carta 2, FFIX on my PSP and Pokemon SoulSilver. I've already beaten Pokemon, but I'm mostly just trading and raising 'mons.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Started digging at the old The Longest Journey game. Forgot how good the story was.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Currently playing Blazblue: Continuum Shift. It's too bad I don't have a good internet connection cause...I want to fight people online. D:

Oh well, all the other modes in the game make up for that. :mrgreen: