What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Ardent Fox »

I've started playing the first Halo as well as some Borderlands, both of which are amazing for the PC.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I really have to play Chrono Cross again; I haven't played it since I was a little kid. Do you like playing it?
I try not to play games I don't like playing. ;) No, I like it even more than Chrono Trigger. This weekend I was at home and my brother and I unearthed my original copy. It's the first RPG he nearly beat, and the one where he cut his teeth. So we're playing in parallel now and talking about it, sort of like a reading group or EBFGP. (Why don't we do that for Lunar?)

You can still find it pretty easily, if you want to play. I got my most recent copy off of Amazon about a year ago.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

Oh, I'd join for CC too, never finished it. Like it more than CT from what I've played though.

But then again, I don't really like CT. I guess I was expecting too much and got disappointed.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Just beat Sonic 4. Pretty cool game. But I guess that makes my post invalid since I'm not currently playing it... :|

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Just started Okamiden. Yes, in Japanese. No, I don't know what's going on -- though it's close enough to the first game that it's not really a problem. Had a mildly frustrating moment when the painting thing wasn't working and it turned out that the game wanted me to trace the same outline I had been but starting from a different point and going in the opposite direction. Fortunately, if you get it wrong repeatedly it demonstrates for you, or I might've given up.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Just finished FFVI. I definitely had fun playing through it for the first time in over 10 years. One thing I found interesting is that both when I originally played it and now, my biggest complaint about the game has been the Esper system, but for different reasons. My complaint about it the first time I played was that it allowed everyone to learn every magic spell, making characters too similar. But now I felt that there were enough differences between the characters that there was plenty of incentive to specialize and not even try to teach every spell to everyone. On the other hand, this time around I found the system to be just too fiddly. The problem is that Espers are used for two things: learning spells and giving stat boosts upon level up. It's just kind of annoying to have to keep track of when characters are going to level up and switching back and forth between the Esper they're trying to learn spells from and the Esper that's building up their stats. Don't get the wrong impression though, I enjoyed the game a lot, it just wasn't flawless. What game is?

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Imperial Knight wrote:Don't get the wrong impression though, I enjoyed the game a lot, it just wasn't flawless. What game is?
Skies of Arcadia. But I may have a bias.

I have been spending too much time playing Recettear and not enough time doing homework. Totally worth it, though!

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Mostly all I've been playing lately is WoW. Though I am also working on Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep from time to time.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

I started replaying Bioshock 2, even though I really wanted to play the first one. Sadly, Bioshock doesn't play well with Windows 7 for some reason so I had to settle for second best. I never finished it back when I first got it on the 360 but so far I don't think it's as bad as some people say it is. I mean yes, it does have annoying qualities and the whole "bond" motif is a bit drawn out and such, but it has some pretty good moments to it. One of which gave me chills when I'd done it.

This is a spoiler that happens near the end of the game, I'd suggest playing it or the power of the moment might just be lost.

Like when I killed Alexander in the tank. Listening to him scream as I ran thousands upon thousands of volts through his mutated form kind of made me cringe with the knowledge that he was still a being that could think on its own. Sure he was crazy, but still.

Either way though, I don't think it's as bad as people say and they did improve on a few things.

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

I am playing Phantasy Star for PSP so I can play the second one. I really am enjoying it so I am looking forward to the second. It's in MMO style and the character is customizable. You can use a large array of weapons.

Drathial
Reza Thief

Post by Drathial »

Dark_Fairy wrote:Lunar Eternal Blue (Sega CD) - I haven't had the time to finish the spot where I'm at. >_>

Blazeblue: Calamity Trigger (Xbox360) - I really need to complete all the story modes...

Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) - I know I will get yelled at for never beating this game before since I've had it for years, but at least I'm at the Shadow Temple...

There's other stuff I want to play too, but if I do that I'll never get anything done. I can't play more than 2 or 3 games at a time. >_<;
Blazblue! ^ ^
I'm super into Noel and Tsubaki's play style.

Zelda OoT is awesome good. At least it was the last time I played it. ;D

JediLeroy
Lostest Boy

Post by JediLeroy »

Just beat Lost Odyssey. Started Eternal Sonata.

Other games I've logged more than an hour on in the last year:

LUNAR SSS (Saturn--stuck in the Red Dragon Cave)
Zelda: tOoT (beat it for the first time)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii (beat it)
Shining Force II (stopped playing midway through--I've beaten it a few times before)
Super Metroid (beat it)
Metroid Fusion (beat it)
Metroid Zero Mission (beat it)
Metroid Prime 3
Wonder Boy in Monster World (beat it)
Dragons Curse (beat it)
Dragon Quest V (Japanese--still playing now and then)
Etrian Odyssey 2 (stopped on the 8th or 9th floor, I think)
Peggle (mastered all the levels on both regular and Nights)
Shadow Complex (beat it)
Castlevania Symphony of the Night (beat it)
ESIV: Oblivion (40+ hours logged, decided to finish Lost Odyssey first)

It's amazing that despite all the great next-gen games that I own, I find myself playing Metroidvania games and old school RPGs.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Playing Silent Hill 2 for the first time! D:
I'm so scared!! T0T

When I get too creeped out, I pick up Lunar SSH. I'm still trying to push my way through that game. Sometimes it ends up being even scarier than Silent Hill... ¬_¬
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Silent Hill 2 is amazing.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Crash Bandicoot Warped, and Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

I'll probably be playing Ys: Oath in Felghana until Golden Sun: Dark Dawn comes out, but I'm hoping to squeeze in some of The Witcher before then.

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

Playing Silent Hill 2 for the first time! D:

Silent Hill 2 is awesome. The story has an incredible amount of depth for such a short game, and when you finally get an idea of what's actually going on it's even more creepy.

I'm so scared!! T0T

You could always play it with a friend in the room, that makes the game much less scary.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Vyse of Arcadia wrote:
Imperial Knight wrote:Don't get the wrong impression though, I enjoyed the game a lot, it just wasn't flawless. What game is?
Skies of Arcadia. But I may have a bias.

I have been spending too much time playing Recettear and not enough time doing homework. Totally worth it, though!
Skies of Arcadia was pretty darn close. I haven't played that game in so long. I still need to finish Skies of Arcadia for the Gamecube.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

I'm currently playing a few things. Replaying Fallout 3 occasionally along with Lord of the Rings Online since it's free. I'm also going to be giving the game Vindictus a try for grins and giggles.

In the mean time, when I can, I've been playing Black Ops for the lulz and helping friends of mine go through AC: Brotherhood.

Oh, and of course the odd Rock Band 3 here and there.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I'm currently playing Fable 3. Loving it so far. I think I've been playing more side quests than the main storyline, I just became Queen after playing for probably almost 20+ hours :p

I beat Alan Wake a few weeks ago, great story but I didn't care for the gameplay/fighting too terribly much, but that's because I hate not being able to see what I'm doing :p I also beat FF13 a few months back...that game had it's good points, but not that great... I just felt a huge relief once I got through it. lol

I'm also halfway through Lunar Eternal Blue Complete.