What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Alunissage »

Recently played through newest Professor Layton very thoroughly; only puzzles I have left are the ones I need to unlock with a password from the previous game, which I haven't bothered to load up. Had stopped in Okamiden after a long period of stuckness which turned out to be not noticing that the save points had become warp points as well (as they do in the first Okami), since it was discussed in dialogue with no particular marking. Once I knew about it I could read that the option to warp had shown up, but I wasn't paying attention to the katakana at all. So I'll probably get back to that soon.

Spouse is currently levelling up very boringly in Grandia. Earlier he tested out the thingy that allows him to connect the PSP with the TV (which took a very long time to arrive) with Ys Seven, but I don't know when we'll get back to that. But maybe I'll finally get some Lunar in. Ha.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I've been meaning to pick up a Professor Layton game. I've only heard positive things about them. :3

Playing Final Fantasy XIII right now. About halfway through, I don't know what to make of it. Yeah it's gorgeous, the story is okay, but the gameplay sucks. It's been stripped of all sense of adventure & exploration. :| Why not just pop in a movie instead??
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

I've been meaning to pick up a Professor Layton game. I've only heard positive things about them. :3

The games are very good if you're into critical thinking puzzles.

Playing Final Fantasy XIII right now. About halfway through, I don't know what to make of it. Yeah it's gorgeous, the story is okay, but the gameplay sucks. It's been stripped of all sense of adventure & exploration. Why not just pop in a movie instead??

Agreed, only I'd say that the story was bad as well. The gameplay is especially frustrating if you go from Dragon Quest 8 to FF13. DQ8 has the biggest and best world map ever, so to go from that to a series of "pretty tunnels" is just bleh...

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

After finishing FFVI, I decided to play through FFIV and now I'm working on FFV. Although FFIV is still my favorite of the SNES Final Fantasy games for various nostalgic reasons, if I had to name one of the three as being the best, I'd probably go with FFV.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

After the holidays I'm now finding myself back with City of Heroes along with Pokemon HeartGold as well as Miles Edgeworth: Investigations.

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

I'm waiting for my copy of Silver Star Harmony to come in...
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Been playing Valkyria Chronicles II rather obsessively. Spouse put it in to test the PSP-to-TV gadget and it kind of went from there.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Epic Mickey. *3*
I'm about to go beat it actually. D:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

LuNaRtIc wrote:Epic Mickey. *3*
Just started this. Lots of fun so far! After this I have Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Phantom Brave to wade through.

My Wii is going to be very busy for the near future.
-Nobi

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

Started the PC port of Half Life: Decay yesterday.
The only Half Life I have yet to finish ^^
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Limbo needs to be released on Steam, so I can play it.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Well, Silver Star Harmony came in last night, but my memory stick didn't. :(

The memory stick should arrive today, so hopefully I'll actually be able to play through it somewhat.

I did mess around with the Four Heroes battle at the beginning of the game and listened to the soundtrack... I want to do a bit more before I give my initial impressions, however.
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

WhiteKnightLeo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by WhiteKnightLeo »

LBP2 Beta, DCUO Beta, GT5, Black Ops, FF13 and MOH ^_^

-WKL

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

LuNaRtIc wrote:Epic Mickey. *3*
How's it play anyways? I saw a video or two before it came out, but had other stuff to spend money on. I wish I would have picked it up when the collectors edition was marked down to 50 on Amazon for Christmas. I mean, any game that calls me Epic has gotta be good, ya?
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

My sister is visiting and just started it today. She's having a ball, and I'm enjoying watching it. Surprised I haven't had motion sickness issues. It's really funny with all the references to old forgotten features and characters, but we wonder how many people will actually get them -- between recollections from my childhood and my sister's I recognized a fair bit of the first several areas, but that may not be the case for most folks. Heck, I wonder how many people know what an E ticket is now.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

^ I certainly didn't know what an E ticket was. O, having never been to Disneyland. :(

I've played Phantasy Star Portable over the past few days; I've been traveling.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Having been to Disneyland might not help you much with the E-ticket thing. They stopped using the tickets in the early 80s. ^_^ I remember them, but I wasn't the one who had to buy them. The deal was that when you paid at the park entrance you'd get a book of tickets, lettered A to E, which you'd use to go on the rides. Different rides took different tickets, from the kiddie ones like Dumbo needing A tickets to the really cool ones like Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean (my mom's favorites) needing Es. The books came with very few E tickets, like one or two, and you couldn't combine smaller tickets into E tickets, so you'd have to buy another ticket book if you wanted to go on more E rides. And, of course, those books weren't cheap.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Just a quick update that my sister did in fact manage to finish Epic Mickey yesterday, a few hours before leaving for the airport to go home. More stuff she could have done, of course, but it's evident that you can't get everything (at least not all the pins) the first time around because some are mutually exclusive. Was definitely entertaining, though again I'll be interested in seeing how much people unfamiliar with Disneyland or historic Disney in general get out of it. Took a very quick look at the DVD included with the LE and it looks to have information on the rides that inspired the game settings as well as a few of the old short cartoons that are most referenced in certain screens, so that will help.

Hm, this is my 5999th post. I suppose I should find something else to say.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

So far I've been keeping myself busy with Fable 3 while I've been under the weather. I'm loving it so far.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Ardent Fox wrote:So far I've been keeping myself busy with Fable 3 while I've been under the weather. I'm loving it so far.
Give me your ID so I can get online in it and gay marry you.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.