What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by WD RPG WD »

Alunissage wrote:For me it's waiting for your spouse to be present to play through the storyline parts and/or making sure to save before them and then replaying them when spouse is present. That's what zq does for me sometimes. :) Means that any playing he does when I'm not around has to be levelling or dungeon crawling. We don't always worry too much about it -- for games I'm not so invested in just summarizing is enough -- but he does try to keep it in mind.

I suppose the more general version of that is that he plays games for me to watch while I'm knitting, so I can enjoy the experience of the game while getting my other hobby in too. My sister does him one better, though -- when she visits she plays Lunar and pauses every time someone levels up so I can write down all their stats, and also any other time I want to take a note or transcribe some dialogue. :)
Thats awesome Allun. It must be nice to have a spouse that shares the same interests. My twin has lost interest in gaming so now I'm alone when I play my games. I keep hoping on meeting someone who enjoys playing games but I havn't met her yet. I tried to get Jenner and Kizyr to marry me but they said the didn't have room for a third member of their relationship. :?

To stay on topic, I'm playing Yakuza 4 and just started Legend of Mana on PSN.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

This topic has gotten interesting. It's kind of sweet what you all do w/ your gaming partners. The closest experience I share is helping out my hubby when he gets stuck in one of his games like GOW or something minor like that.

Currently playing thru Tales of the Abyss again, heard it's going 3D soon.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

I often watch my Boyfriend play games, so far I've watched him go through Fallout 3, Bioshock, Dragon age, Portal 2, and we've gone through Borderlands together. Always helping him when he get stuck lol. I like it because im becoming less and less of a gamer but i still want to know what happens in the games.

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

Alunissage wrote:For me it's waiting for your spouse to be present to play through the storyline parts and/or making sure to save before them and then replaying them when spouse is present. That's what zq does for me sometimes. :) Means that any playing he does when I'm not around has to be levelling or dungeon crawling. We don't always worry too much about it -- for games I'm not so invested in just summarizing is enough -- but he does try to keep it in mind.
Aw, I do that for my wife, too, when it's a game she's interested in, and sometimes read the on-screen text for her (I think the best...or worst...I've ever done was when I played the original Shadow Hearts and read every bit of in-game dialogue (unlike later games in the series, it didn't have spoken text) while doing different voices for the characters. She made me many cups of tea for throat-soothing while I was doing that. :)

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

My wife doesn't play RPGs, so most of my gaming is by myself, but we do play several Wii games together, such as New Super Mario Bros.

Currently I'm playing the PS1 version of Langrisser IV. For a variety of gameplay reasons, I prefer the Saturn version, but the PS1 version just got a fan translation. It's technically still in beta, but the translators did an excellent job so the only real problems are the occasional typo or formatting error. I'm glad the game got a translation since the story is pretty good (excellent by video game standards) and the only way to play before was either to know Japanese or to play along with a text translation which was posted online, which is obviously less than ideal.

I've also got a couple of PSP games on my backlog which I should get started on soon.

Kitdra
Student of Vane

Post by Kitdra »

*is still a slave to minecraft* (in a zombie voice) Blockssss... Blockssss.... must build...

XD But yeah... I still got Vane on Alex's server and I started the Dragonship Destiny on my own... Also bade a giant Monopoly(Mineopoly) board, checker board and connect 4 board on Alex's Server XD

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Ocarina of Time!! Got the game and 3DS last night, but couldn't play it until my commute this morning. Working today is going to be hard. More about it in the 3DS thread.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

SSSC <3
This is my comfort game, hands down. Whenever life gives me lemons, I throw them away and start playing SSSC instead. :lol:
Always makes me feel sooo much better. <3
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

I thinks is almost that time for me to play SSSC and EB again.
Currently I've been playing Team Fortress 2, my boyfriend wanted me to play with him and then it became free to play, so i said what the hey and gave it a try and became slightly addicted. But then a few days ago he kept getting mad at me every time I died, because he wanted and uber, and that led to a small fight and I've been discourage to play since.

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

I'm currently playing (if that's the right word for it) X-Plane. Kinda getting interested in getting a real life pilot's license again as a result.
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Just beat Ocarina of Time 3DS, now I'm waiting for September. Xenoblade (EUR), Disgaea 4, and Atelier Totori.
-Nobi

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Bah. I still need to get the last two Poes. Why, yes, I am a touch completist. And annoyed that my memory is failing me. :P

Arya
Lann Fisherman

Post by Arya »

I'm not really playing anything right now, but I have started playing D2 again. It had been so long since I last played it, I figured I would play it for a bit. Not sure how long this will last but I always enjoy D2.

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Currently I am playing Catherine. : )

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Hooked up the NES and played some Super Mario Bros w/ the hubby today. It's amazing how well it has held up over time, a true classic. Brit what's Catherine about? What type of game is it?

WhiteKnightLeo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by WhiteKnightLeo »

Imperial Knight wrote:My wife doesn't play RPGs, so most of my gaming is by myself, but we do play several Wii games together, such as New Super Mario Bros.

Same story here brother....
Literally just played this with my girlfriend yesterday lol
-WKL-

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Minecraft. There's a gargantuan labyrinth of tunnels that I'm currently exploring. It connects to abandoned mines in parts. When I'm not looting the mine, I'm building powered rail service across the desert, or building my treasure room made entirely of gold, iron, and lapis lazuli.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

The Boyfriend and I started playing Super Mario galaxy yesterday. so far im enjoying it, sometimes it seems like im doing more as the second player then he is.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Finally finished Ocarina about three weeks ago and started on Master Quest -- but then had to put that and every other part of my life on hold because I BROKE MY ARM. I don't think I've ever been so frustrated in my life. Tons of time to do stuff (when I'm not knocked out on pain meds) because I can't work, and very little I can do because my right arm is totally out of commission. My hand works, but since it's strapped to my waist it's mostly useless.

But I did manage to play Ace Attorney games using the stylus, so I'm now almost done with Miles Edgeworth. After that I may try to find some way of playing Lunar games, though my compulsive note-taking is a problem since I can't type very well right now. I have a TSS save in the last dungeon with two characters at lv 99 and the other three around 92, so maybe I'll finish that levelling, as there isn't a lot of new stuff to write down beyond the stats.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I just completed Silva Saga 2, an SFC game. I've been working with a group on translating it. It's a fun, breezy little game and I hope they finish up the patch soon so more people can enjoy it.
「まあいいけど。」