What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Kizyr »

I have been playing so much Kid Icarus: Uprising on the 3DS that I'm starting to see the whole world in 3D.

But anyway, yeah, playing Kid Icarus and loving it. I went back and played the original on the NES, too (with save states... I don't have -that- much time...) so I could get all of the little references. Nevertheless it's a super-fun game, down to the gameplay, storyline, music, graphics, voice acting, and plain fun. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

parappa
Lyton Singer

Post by parappa »

I am literally counting down the hours until X-Com: Enemy Unknown unlocks on Steam, tonight. If it sucks, I will be heartbroken.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Started playing Eye of the Beholder for Sega CD. Classic D&D dungeon crawler with amazing soundtrack by Yuzo Koshiro.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I just finished Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. And by finished I mean every puzzle, every hint coin, every collectible, every minigame... I'm even caught up on the downloadable puzzles. The only thing I haven't done is put in the password for the previous game.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

I just finished going through BioShock (with Jenner painfully guiding me here and there -- painful for her, not for me, considering I'm not much of a "modern" gamer...). That was pretty amazing, and I definitely loved the storytelling in it.

I CAN'T WAIT TO START BIOSHOCK 2!!!

Anyway, I'm now moving onto Tales of Phantasia X for the PSX -- this contains two games: Tales of Phantasia (Cross Edition, which is a port of the PSX version), and Tales of Phantasia Narikiri Cross (which is... loosely connected to the original ToP). I'm just playing the regular ToP one for now, since I'm gonna move onto Tales of Destiny and Tales of Eternia right after that. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Alunissage wrote:I just finished Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. And by finished I mean every puzzle, every hint coin, every collectible, every minigame... I'm even caught up on the downloadable puzzles. The only thing I haven't done is put in the password for the previous game.
Nice! I've beaten the game, but I haven't found every last puzzle yet.

Currently playing: NSMBU and ZombiU
-Nobi

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Now caught up on all that passwording and puzzle downloading. There are still three or four puzzles in Diabolical Box that are doing bad things to my ego (and the ones that are in-game are near the end so I have to actually find them again instead of just going to Granny Riddleton's shack) and I have a bunch of downloaded puzzles in the first three games to do, but otherwise I'm all caught up.

Started Mario Sticker Star tonight.

parappa
Lyton Singer

Post by parappa »

Kizyr wrote:I CAN'T WAIT TO START BIOSHOCK 2!!!
Let me know what you think of it. I was kinda disappointed with BioShock 2. I liked the original BioShock, and picked BioShock 2 up during a Steam sale for under $10 (oh crap! Steam sale! gotta check now)... actually, yeah, it's only $5 on sale right now, so if you have a gaming PC then go for it. :) But as I was saying, BioShock 2 felt like more of the same and the storytelling was a lot more heavy-handed. It didn't feel like they were able to come up with a story as good as the first one; not even close.

I'm still looking forward to BioShock Infinite, though. Seems like they have good ideas for that one. Looks like a completely different direction for BioShock and that's what I like about it.

I finished with XCOM a few weeks ago and now I'm playing Persona 4 Golden, only four hours in. This is my first time playing Persona 4, although I played some Persona 3 on PS2.

A buddy of mind convinced me to buy Dishonored while Steam has it on sale. No idea when I'm going to find time for that. Deus Ex: HR is also on sale for $5 right now. I liked that game a lot, although the story lost me toward the end. Amazing musical score, though, and the same guy (Michael McCann) did the score for XCOM.

Lynn Kyle
Meryod Yokel

Post by Lynn Kyle »

PS3: Resident Evil 6
360: Assassin's Creed III
3DS: Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Vita: Gravity Rush

soup or man
Nanza Bandit

Post by soup or man »

Finally finished playing Xenogears, which, by the way, had one of the most epic final battle themes of any RPG I've ever played:

Started a new game of Parasite Eve when I finished Xenogears.

On Vita I'm trying to platinum Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Also playing Gravity Rush here and there.

Still playing Kingdom Hearts on 3DS.

And on PS3 and 360 I'm playing Sleeping Dogs and Enchanted Arms respectively.

Oh, and I'm still working on finishing Lunar: Silver Star Harmony on PSP so I can start Growlanser.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I've been playing and loving Radiant Historia on the 3DS I got for Christmas. (A bit of Mario Kart 3DS too.) I've also been playing some Legend of Grimrock, and see hidden switches in everything. Then I've been juggling a bit of Planetside 2, which is more punishing than Team Fortress 2 but enjoyable in small doses.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Switched to Easy, getting back to Yakuza 3.
-Nobi

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:Switched to Easy, getting back to Yakuza 3.
Nice choice Nobi. Yakuza 3 is one of my favorite games of the last 10 years.

I've been playing Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3 which isn't as good as I hoped, so far.

parappa
Lyton Singer

Post by parappa »

Mentioned this already, but I just finished Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward. I'm now playing DmC. Just started and I love it so far.

I also started playing through the Mass Effect trilogy, again. My first play-through of the series was incomplete; never got through ME3. This time I finished ME1 in 16 hours (took my time a little, but didn't do a whole lot of side content), and have already started on ME2. The goal is to finish a full play-through carrying over my saves. As Jane Shep, ofc; so much more badass than John Shep.

Been on a big visual novel kick, sort of. Played The Walking Dead, Zero Escape 1 & 2, and now Mass Effect Trilogy. They're not all visual novels, strictly speaking, but there's strong elements there. Mass Effect 2 is kinda like a visual novel with a tactical FPS thrown in. The Walking Dead barely has enough exploration to be considered an adventure game, but these days most adventure games seem to be linear (Mechanarium, etc.)

Lots of promising games out this month and next. Ni no Kuni next week, and The Cave. Fire Emblem: Awakening and Etrian Odyssey IV out next month. Plenty to choose from. Got too much on my plate already, so we'll see.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Atelier Ayesha now.

God I love this series.
-Nobi

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:Atelier Ayesha now.

God I love this series.
I want to play those games sooo badly, I've played the Atelier Iris and Mana Khemia game and i just love them. The main reason i want to get a ps3 is for those games, once i get one the hunt is on for them.

I'm currently making a run thru the Final Fantasy games, just finished 3 not to long ago about to start 4, Also watching my Boyfriend go thru the Mass Effect series, hes currently on 2

Klover
Reza Thief

Post by Klover »

Final Fantasy VI 'cause that is just like, the best FF ever.

Also, I'm probably gonna do a livestream of me playing L:SSSC, although it'll be recorded with my laptop's webcam, so yeah, not that great. But, if anyone is interested, I'll share a link. I'm starting at 12:00AM and ending at 1:30AM, so an hour and a half of Lunar gameplay.
^What I think of Lunar.^

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

I ended up putting down Tales of Destiny, and I don't think I'll get back to it (it really didn't hook me... maybe I'll return to it much later but not any time soon).

I went through all of Final Fantasy Tactics at Jenner's insistence (I'd discontinued it back in 2000 when my savegame got erased twice in a row when I was up to Chapter 4 -- cheap off-brand memory cards). It's a good game; better than I gave it credit for, but still I didn't dig the story that much. Fantasy worlds don't really wrap me in the same way they used to.

Now that I'm done with FFT, I'm playing through Mass Effect, and man is it awesome. Sci-fi is my first love and I'm really enjoying every aspect of the universe they put together, so I spend time reading all the codices, planet descriptions, and background conversations. It's also my first BioWare game, so I'm having fun playing through in a way that my decisions actually affect things -- meaning that I'm keeping a character type in mind and playing it that way, rather than trying to explore every single conversation option just to be completionist about it (so it feels more like building a story, rather than passively watching it).

BTW, I'm still pretty early in the game, and I don't know the storyline(s) of ME1, ME2, or ME3. So no spoilers. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I've been playing Fire Emblem Awakening lately. I had never played a Fire Emblem game before, and finally a mixture between my friend and the Gamestop employee I was talking to talked me into getting it last week. I usually take the bus to the mall where I work, and so I usually have a little bit of time to kill. I don't regret my purchase one bit.

Gamestop employee also said I needed to try the Atelier games as well. Maybe one of these days, since I hear nothing but good things about that series.

Jason Rox
NPC

Post by Jason Rox »

I've finally gotten around to playing Tales of Vesperia and, god damn, that Gattuso boss battle/secret mission achievement nearly sent me into gamer rage. I can't remember the last time there was a boss that tough so early on in an RPG. I finally beat him and got the secret achievement last night, after spending about 3 hours leveling up. I'm seriously digging the game, though. The soundtrack is on point, too; It's one of the few these days that I'll actually buy a physical copy of.