What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Zero
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Zero »

Arrrgh... I forgot what a pain in the ass Deep Jungle is on Kingdom Hearts.
I'll take a potato chip... and EAT IT!

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

A few months back i planed on going through all the Paper Mario games (except the 3ds one because of lack of system :( ) but stopped for some unknown reason. I recently picked up from my save and has continued on to complete my Paper Mario mission! I'm almost finished the first one, but we just got a ps3 so i will probably get distracted with the the Atelier series instead.... I bought the 3 games long before we bought the system and have the 4th one ordered, and hopefully soon on its way.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I started Breath of Fire 2 tonight. I was very surprised to find the story started with temporal displacement (or something like it) - closing one's eyes and having all the people in town change. (There are medieval stories very much like it, not to mention Rip Van Winkle.)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Zero
Student of Vane

Post by Zero »

Sonic# wrote:I started Breath of Fire 2 tonight. I was very surprised to find the story started with temporal displacement (or something like it) - closing one's eyes and having all the people in town change. (There are medieval stories very much like it, not to mention Rip Van Winkle.)
Ah, Breath of Fire... one of my all-time favorite RPG series. I have fond, fond memories of the earlier BoF games. I really wish they'd stop with the mobile stuff and give the franchise a proper next installment. Even if it were on the Vita or 3DS I'd be happy and long as it was true to its roots.

TempestOne

Post by TempestOne »

NT
Last edited by TempestOne on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Djinn Xpert wrote:Playing Tales of Xillia. I'm about 15 hours in so far but a lot of that has been grinding and leveling up. It seems like it'll be a good entry in the Tales series and I'm already enjoying it more than Graces f, but I don't think it's gonna end up being better than Vesperia. With Vesperia being my favorite title of the franchise I compare everything else to it. And thus far the music, visuals, character development and character personalities just aren't as appealing to me, though I really do like Alvin. However, I still have a long ways to go so that could all change.

I also started Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD. It's a beautiful game in high definition. I've played Kingdom Hearts 2 multiple times and even some of the spin-off / handheld games more than once, but I've only played KH1 one time... way back in 2002. So there's a lot of that game that I've forgotten and re-playing it now is a pleasant blast from the past. I played yesterday 'til I got to Traverse Town and I keep telling myself I'm gonna finish Xillia before I go any further, but I'm really itching to play it some more.

Oh, and lol @ 358/2 days being reduced to a CG movie for this collection.
Graces was a let down for me. As a fan of the series as a whole, I felt it was one of the weaker games in the series. However, I really liked Xillia. I beat Jude's side, and I'm slowly working on Milla's now...but...because Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix came out...I don't know when I'll be getting back to Xillia. :lol:

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Djinn Xpert wrote:Arrrgh... I forgot what a pain in the ass Deep Jungle is on Kingdom Hearts.
"Arrrgh"?

I think ye mean...

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Aye? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

parappa
Lyton Singer

Post by parappa »

Anyone here playing / played Evoland? I played it as a jam game on the Ludum Dare web site a while ago, but when they announced a full featured commercial version I didn't really care. Then recently I got it in a GoG.com sale and it's actually really good, at least for the part that I've played through so far. It's a really short game; I've heard it takes about 4 hours to beat.

I've been playing SMT4 on 3DS in spurts. I'm too lazy to make proper time for it. And I still haven't even made it very far in Etrian Odyssey IV--less than half-way through the game, at least. I consider them both must-haves for 3DS owners though.

I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that I bought GTA5 and actually really like it so far (~5 hours in). I wasn't even that big of a fan of GTA4, and I skipped San Andreas entirely. But GTA5 reminds me of how I felt when GTA3 was new and both more shocking and crass than any game I'd played, and more crazy open-ended than any non-RPG I'd played.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

I always played the GTA games by just running around and killing until the police got me. I don't like the missions. I stopped with Vice City, though. San Andreas has entirely too much "nigga mufuka!" 24/7 for me to enjoy it. The radio stations are the best part to me since it brings old school songs to a younger audience.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Not quite the same thing as a video game, but I'm currently gearing up to run a roleplaying game using Fate Core. It will be a space based game, sort of a blend of the Star Wars game TIE Fighter (set on a frontier; lots of independent activity as well as imperials and rebels; no force users) and Firefly (individualized crew each contributing skills to a team and sometimes sharing a history; open-ended goals around an ostensible purpose).
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I've been playing SMT4 on 3DS in spurts. I'm too lazy to make proper time for it. And I still haven't even made it very far in Etrian Odyssey IV--less than half-way through the game, at least. I consider them both must-haves for 3DS owners though.
SMT4 is REALLY good, you should make proper time for it. Out of the 3DS games I have, I'd say it's my favorite (with Fire Emblem Awakening being a close second). I haven't played Etrian Odyssey IV though. For some reason, for the last like 5 times I've been into Gamestop, the employees have tried to sell it to me though. Maybe I should get it, lol. Also, I'd say Fire Emblem Awakening is a must own on the 3DS as well.

Zero
Student of Vane

Post by Zero »

Agreed on Fre Emblem: Awakening. It's my favorite 3DS game, though I haven't played SMT4 yet.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

parappa wrote:Anyone here playing / played Evoland? I played it as a jam game on the Ludum Dare web site a while ago, but when they announced a full featured commercial version I didn't really care. Then recently I got it in a GoG.com sale and it's actually really good, at least for the part that I've played through so far. It's a really short game; I've heard it takes about 4 hours to beat.
I bought Evoland awhile back on steam, i haven't finished it yet, got to busy with other games, not to mention i got to an area with giant spiders and thats where i usually take a break from playing lol. I really enjoy it though, i think it's a cute and interesting game, and the mix of game play is nicely done and cool. A few to many FF7 references, i like FF7 and played it many times, but they just did to many, would have been nice if they added some other games references in. I wish there was bit more too it, and that it could have evolved a bit more. I'll defiantly have to finish it sometimes soon.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Ninja Gaiden because I apparently enjoy being pissed off.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Leo wrote:Ninja Gaiden because I apparently enjoy being pissed off.
I picked up Ninja Gaiden II a little while ago (NES, using a RetroDuo). And... now I remember why I never got that into the Ninja Gaiden series. I mean, the snowdrift level is enough to make me ragequit.

On the other hand, Metroid, Castlevania, Mega Man, those are all challenging and still hold up. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

The Last of Us!!

TempestOne

Post by TempestOne »

NT
Last edited by TempestOne on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Kizyr wrote:
Leo wrote:Ninja Gaiden because I apparently enjoy being pissed off.
I picked up Ninja Gaiden II a little while ago (NES, using a RetroDuo). And... now I remember why I never got that into the Ninja Gaiden series. I mean, the snowdrift level is enough to make me ragequit.

On the other hand, Metroid, Castlevania, Mega Man, those are all challenging and still hold up. KF
I'm on 5-3 on the first game. I'm playing them in a row on Ninja Gaiden Trilogy on ZSNES. No save states, naturally. I insist on beating these games.

I never got into Metroid. I had the one on DS that had an online mode, but that's all. I plan on beating the NES games first and then playing Super Metroid.

I love Castlevania, but I need to beat the old ones other than Super Castlevania 4. I beat SOTN and the GBA and DS games, though.

I never got into Megaman either. Those games make me rage, but I'm sure I'll get around to them.

Once I manage to beat those games, I'll pick up Ghosts N Goblins and Super Ghouls N Ghosts because I'm not just playing with old school games. I'm playing with my blood pressure.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

TempestOne wrote:Also, had to just say that I hold the Alex/Luna on the hill + Alex/Luna on the right-hand side disc art, or coinciding with the Lunar-net.com homepage, #1.
Are you referring to the upper-left disc in this picture? That's actually disc art #3, per the WD site. That disc photo is of my personal collection, and when I arranged all the discs in the pic I did so in a rather obscure way so I could have the two US TSS discs (#1 and #2) next to the JP TSS disc, which has the same art. So in that photo, the top row is #3, #4, #5, #6, and #7, and the second row is #2, #1, JP TSS, JP EB, US EB. Someday I'll get around to redoing the photo and we can get them numbered properly...

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Super Mario Bros. on Wii Virtual Console. Because classic games are classic.