What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Hirox
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Hirox »

brit wrote:Bouncing between Lunar 2 (JP) and Final Fantasy XIV.
Noticed this a bit late, but how are you enjoying XIV? Ive been playing since 1.0 beta, and come and go all the time. What server are ya on? :)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Well, I finished Life Is Strange recently. Episode 5 was released on Oct. 20th. I played the final episode the first time the day it was released (I took the day off -- couldn't wait until the weekend), the second time that weekend, and the third time just earlier this week. (I have three different ways I play through: my "canonical" run where I make decisions as if it weren't a game, meaning that I don't replay anything and let the story unfold as it is; my "completionist" run where I play it as if it were a game; and my "mean girls" run where I make all the worst decisions.)

The ending was very... heavy. I'm going to post in the main Life Is Strange thread later this week when I have more time to process and compose my thoughts.

Anyway, besides that, I'm also near the end of the PSP port of Lunar 2: Eternal Blue. I'm at the Epilogue and going through the bonus dungeons now.

After that's done, I'll move on to Undertale. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Painmaster212
Meryod Yokel

Post by Painmaster212 »

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter. After years of waiting we finally got it October 29th! 10 hours into the 60+ hour jrpg!

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Rune Factory and just beat Gravity Falls. Took only 2 days. XD

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Hirox wrote:
Noticed this a bit late, but how are you enjoying XIV? Ive been playing since 1.0 beta, and come and go all the time. What server are ya on? :)
I've been on and off as well. I think I started in the 3rd round of beta testing. Though I've since discarded that character. ^^ My newest girl is on the Hyperion server. I like it it, but at the same time I quit for months at a time. ^^'' Right now I’m only a level 24 Marauder, though I’m having her learn the crafts of cooking and fishing. She’s a level 11 in cooking and then in fishing she is level 8. Here's her lodestone if you want to see. I'm taking a break from it right now though and won't get back into it until 2 or 3 months from now probably. (I'm going home for a bit and leaving the system in my apartment here - I play ps3). I mostly do quests or guildhests. :3

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

I just picked up the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix. (thank you, Utada Hikaru....)

I'm left wondering why the heck I never got into the series when it first came out.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

CatsWithMatches wrote:I just picked up the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix. (thank you, Utada Hikaru....)

I'm left wondering why the heck I never got into the series when it first came out.
Well it was one of those series, I think most people didn't expect much from. XD I remember I hadn't, but I ended up adoring it.

Anyway, playing Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Started new files on Pandora's Tower and Rune Factory Frontier. I'm also working my way through Tales of Zestiria. ;)

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Also playing Three Swords, I mean, Tri Force Heroes. Very silly premise, but it's not like the original Four Swords (GBA/3DS) had any story to speak of either. Have only played single-player thus far, and it's really intended for multi.

Spouse is on a second playthrough of FFX-2, being completist. Last night he was doing some monster tournament stuff and one of the opponents yelled "Dodge THIS!", which made me laugh for quite a while. Which reminds me that i need to get back to EBC, but November is a travel-heavy month (leaving town again this Saturday) and I've been doing a lot of knitting related to it, so may as well let spouse have the TV.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Recently finished Undertale. Very legit good stuff.

Currently playing Ys II.
-Nobi

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

I also finished Undertale a couple of weeks ago. Then I played it again. ...and again. ...and again.

...I lost track of how many times I went through the game. In the last three weeks, I've put the same amount of time into it as I did for Life Is Strange (all five episodes, thrice through).

I've decided to take a hiatus from it for a while. Otherwise I'm afraid I'll never stop. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Kizyr wrote:I also finished Undertale a couple of weeks ago. Then I played it again. ...and again. ...and again.

...I lost track of how many times I went through the game. In the last three weeks, I've put the same amount of time into it as I did for Life Is Strange (all five episodes, thrice through).

I've decided to take a hiatus from it for a while. Otherwise I'm afraid I'll never stop. KF
Undertale has filled you with... determination! XD
-Nobi

Greco12
Pao Hunter

Post by Greco12 »

Currently bouncing back and forth between Super Mario 3D World and a replay of Mass Effect 2.

The former is pure, undistilled fun. I've been blazing through the game for the most part, but I plan to go back through the older levels and collect all the green stars.

Mass Effect 2 holds up even better on a replay, and definitely represents the peak of that franchise (I actually didn't hate 3 either). In terms of gameplay, story, and characters, it's the best the series has to offer.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Greco12 wrote:Mass Effect 2 holds up even better on a replay, and definitely represents the peak of that franchise (I actually didn't hate 3 either). In terms of gameplay, story, and characters, it's the best the series has to offer.
I love the entire series, every moment of it. But I agree that ME2 was the strongest single game. It had the opportunity to be a much more cohesive game (since it didn't have to reintroduce the world), it could start off with higher stakes (since it wasn't the first of the series), and it enabled much more open exploration (since you didn't have the immediacy, or finality, of everything in ME3). It let you rediscover the world (due to the events at the beginning) and you couldn't help but feel excited when you reconnected with old friends. Every character got a much greater backstory. Oh, and of course, you got to finally begin romancing Garrus, and this was the game that introduced Mordin Solus.

Man, so many great things about that game. Really, the only thing that I feel it lacked was the on-the-planet exploration that you had in ME1 (forget the haters; I was a master at driving that Mako... and I took out thresher maws on foot with a pistol). Even the DLC was good (a phrase which I almost never say) -- I mean, the Citadel DLC in ME3 was my favorite of the series, but the Shadow Broker DLC in ME2 was still a great chapter... and it was fun kicking ass with Tali and Liara. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Spouse started Guacamelee yesterday. We're both enjoying it more than expected, I think.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

More of me playing FFXIV as usual, which I see at the top of this page others here play it too? Well if anyone here is on Famfrit, let me know.

Other than that, I've been on and off playing random things. Skyrim being the most recent since I got it on a recent Steam sale. I've been thinking about replaying Lunar 2 though.

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

brit wrote:
Hirox wrote:
I've been on and off as well. I think I started in the 3rd round of beta testing. Though I've since discarded that character. ^^ My newest girl is on the Hyperion server. I like it it, but at the same time I quit for months at a time. ^^'' Right now I’m only a level 24 Marauder, though I’m having her learn the crafts of cooking and fishing. She’s a level 11 in cooking and then in fishing she is level 8. Here's her lodestone if you want to see. I'm taking a break from it right now though and won't get back into it until 2 or 3 months from now probably. (I'm going home for a bit and leaving the system in my apartment here - I play ps3). I mostly do quests or guildhests. :3

I hate that I keep missing these...I need to come back more than once a month, I promise to try...but holy cow! I am on Hyperion Server as well! If/when you do come back let me know! I'll level something up with you. Just built a new pc so i'll be back around for awhile. Here is my lodestone...I need to get around to my name change http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone ... er/722977/

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

YESSSS a Hyperion buddy!!! I’ll definitely have to send a pm when I start back up again. I really miss playing it especially since I was just getting back into it again. Haha.

Right now I am mostly playing Story of Seasons, Tales of Zestiria, and Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden Kagami no Miko. My nephew is also making me play a lot of Super Smash Bros Brawl on the wii. It is driving me nuts because he keeps making me play the same characters over and over again – mostly Sonic, Luigi, or Link. @__@

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

brit wrote:YESSSS a Hyperion buddy!!! I’ll definitely have to send a pm when I start back up again. I really miss playing it especially since I was just getting back into it again. Haha.

Right now I am mostly playing Story of Seasons, Tales of Zestiria, and Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden Kagami no Miko. My nephew is also making me play a lot of Super Smash Bros Brawl on the wii. It is driving me nuts because he keeps making me play the same characters over and over again – mostly Sonic, Luigi, or Link. @__@

Welp im back most every day or atleast every other day so i'll be around when you come back :) Im hooked on Fall Out 4 currently, and looking into the steam winter sale happening this week, but ffxiv will still be in the playlist!

JonOU812
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JonOU812 »

Me and some friends are trying to get back into Guild Wars 2, aside from that i've been playing FF Dimensions and running some Minecraft. Might play some FF8 when i get a better graphics card to run it in 1080p.
Check Out My Youtube Channel: YOUTUBE
Follow Me on Twitter: TWITTER
Watch Me Stream: TWITCH