What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Zero
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Zero »

I am replaying Ocarina of Time. The 3DS version this time. Also downloaded Rogue Galaxy on PS4--I really enjoyed that game back in '07.
I'll take a potato chip... and EAT IT!

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Since I'm currently binging on Falcom lately I trying Trails in the Sky. Very different from Ys that's for sure but quite charming.
-Nobi

Zero
Student of Vane

Post by Zero »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:Since I'm currently binging on Falcom lately I trying Trails in the Sky. Very different from Ys that's for sure but quite charming.
As a hardcore Ys fan, I can say that I love Trails in the Sky. They're great games in their own right.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I love Trails in the Sky. Someday I want to return to it and its sequel.

Still playing Stardew Valley. By the middle of year two it turns mainly into a sandbox. I've got enough gold, so now I'm collecting materials while I figure out what I want my farm to look like overall. Here's an image:

Eventually I want to add paths and fences.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

What is with the prison at the bottom right of your farm?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

It's a slime hutch. I use it to grow and breed slimes.

I'm taking a break from the game while I wait for the next update and while I play a lot of Stellaris, a space-based 4X game from Paradox.

Before I stopped, I gussied up the farm, laying down path, putting a fence line to regulate when animals can enter the field, and changed out the crops. Grape trellises are not designed as fences, but they keep the animals out, so I think of them as "green fences" or something like that.

Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Playing the updated Valkyria Chronicles. I didn't do any of the actual playing of this game when we first went through it, but I put hundreds of hours into Valkyria 2, so at least the combat system is familiar and evokes less of the "OMG everything is shooting at me" reaction that I tend to have to real-time games. Wish I could redo story battles without having to reload, though; it's pretty hard to get an A rating at this point. I'm just not the rush straight to the goal ASAP kind of player.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Sailor Moon Drops

Zero
Student of Vane

Post by Zero »

I'm playing Pokemon Y. Already played Pokemon X but it has been a while since then and I was in the mood so...

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I found Valkyrie Chronicles rather difficult for that reason. It prioritizes time rather than performance stats or completion. Maybe I just want to play with Aika and Vyse!

In addition to the games above, I've been replaying Oblivion a bit. I've also picked up an odd game called Town of Salem. It's basically online Mafia/Ultimate Werewolf.
Sonic#

r0wsdower
Lann Fisherman

Post by r0wsdower »

I loved Valkyria Chronicles, but if I had one gripe, that would be it. Instead of having the freedom to explore different ways to accomplish a mission, it sometimes felt like you were on rails with that turn limit. Maybe it was too easy without it?

I've been playing Lunar iOS and Hitogata Happa, a bullet-hell shooter with a kamikaze mechanic that I find weirdly satisfying. It even has a little tiny plot twist.
"I wonder if there's beer on the sun?"

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, at least it mostly doesn't make any difference besides getting EXP and money, and you can do skirmishes for those. I like taking out all of the enemy leaders and aces even though the time that takes usually drops my evaluation to a B. It's not too consistent, though; some of them I've had no trouble getting an A and others I have no idea how you're supposed to finish in two turns. IIRC, finishing the game unlocks a hard mode and I think makes it possible to replay the event battles so I'll see how those go.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Lunar the Silver Star

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

I just recently acquired a PS4 and have been playing through a lot of the games that I missed when it was initially released. Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin, Destiny: The Taken King, Battlefront, and a few others. I've also started playing some games for an upcoming YouTube channel. But that's neither here nor there.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

MaroonChan wrote:Lunar the Silver Star
You know, I'm starting to think that whenever I get really stressed or overwhelmed, I should just sit down and replay TSS. Some of the magic of the first time I've played it is gone, but still it's never gotten old or tired for me. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Ditto.

millennialfair
Reza Thief

Post by millennialfair »

Around this time in June/July I try and find time to play a Lunar, 'cause it elicits some fond memories of first playing TSS and EB during the long summer break. This year I recently began Lunar Harmony. Although I remember hearing about it when it came out, I never bothered looking into it (screenshots and such). I think I may have mistakenly assumed it was just a port of the Saturn/PS version all these years! Stupid me, but I really like it so far!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Hi there! Haven't seen you in a while.

I know some people have had lots of gripes about SSH, but I liked it just fine. (Disclaimer: I still haven't played much of it in English.) It was rather neat seeing a totally different set of maps and new character portraits, and hearing redone music. Storywise it's pretty much like the other Lunar 1 remakes, but of course it has that added intro and at least one added scene later in the game.

millennialfair
Reza Thief

Post by millennialfair »

Thanks for the insight Alunissage (glad the forum and most of you are still around)! I'm sad to find out they didn't make an EB for PSP now as I am loving all the things you mentioned about Harmony haha.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I loved SSH until I hit a major glitch in Lyton. I lost momentum once my game kept freezing.

I played Overwatch some. I only played one online multiplayer shooter, and that's the cartoony and relatively light TF2. I am wary of realistic shooters - ironsights and gore aren't my thing. I want to play smart and play as a team in shortish matches.. So far, I have been getting that. I tend to play healers or builders as I learn maps (and when most people prefer attacking, the teams really need me), but I've also had a few good rounds as attackers and tanks.
Sonic#