What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

JonOU812 wrote:
Shinto-Cetra wrote: I'm very torn about that one. I mostly enjoyed it, but there were a few things I hated about it. Regardless, I hope you enjoy.
Oh I have. Currently i'm lvl50 and I think just getting to the end of disc1. Such fun.

Outside of that i've been just randomly scrounging games that i've played but never finished; Jeanne d'Arc, Skyrim and Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (Ephraim's Route) comes to mind.

Just be warned: Disc 2 was (for me) where things went downhill. Disc 1 was very interesting on its own.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I finished Persona 5 without significant (months-long) pauses or breaks, which is remarkable for a game of its length. (For comparison, it took me about 3-4 years to finish Xenoblade Chronicles, will likely take that long to finish its sequel, and I like both games.) I would defend the story and its characters highly, even though I think it's about par for the course regarding depictions of women in JRPGs, for reasons I could discuss at length.

I've just started The Witcher III (on the PS4) and Dragon Quest VII (on the 3DS). I really liked The Witcher II for its story, but found the battle system fairly obtuse, so we'll see how that goes. I played about 20 hours into the Playstation version of (then) Dragon Warrior VII, but found it boring. Now that I've acclimated to the Dragon Quest sense of humor and charm, I'm hoping I can stick with it.

I've also been playing matches of Playerunknown's Battlegrounds. I appreciate it mainly because it rewards hiding and stealth, about the only things I'm good at in a realistic shooter. Playing defensively, I can consistently make it halfway through the game.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

I'm playing an actual MODERN game for once: Cosmic Star Heroine which I backed on Kickstarter long ago. My funds were well spent, it's pretty good so far. I believe Zeboyd (the developers) cited Victor Ireland as an inspiration for their humor, I know they spoke with him at E3 a year or two ago. Basically, think Phantasy Star with Lunar/Chrono Trigger Style humor, plus an original, but good turn based combat system.
Also getting back into Saiyuki on PS1, an SRPG set in old China with Buddhist themes, and some silly humor. It's only major flaws are the weak music (think Asian instruments but bad midi versions) and the optional characters don't say anything after they join (correct me if I'm wrong cause I'm have yet to finish) The latter is one of my pet peeves about SRPGs, thankfully there are 6 main characters that often talk.
And I have progressed a little on Luminous Arc 2 on DS (discussed at length earlier in this thread.)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I've picked up Animal Crossing again. Last fall I added another player character (I'd intended to make a new town but didn't realize I couldn't do that): Thalia. I'm thinking of making a third named Ohro. My town is named Lyton, by the way. Don't remember now why I didn't go with Saith or Lann, which would make more sense geographically. Oh well.

Also still occasionally looking for Koroks in Breath of the Wild. 620+ so far.

JonOU812
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JonOU812 »

Recently got a hold of Fire Emblem Echoes, and it's really good considering I never played the original.

Plus i've been wasting time in between playing Fire Emblem Heroes as well. In the beginning I basically reset the game every time till I got an S tier unit, in this case Azura.
Check Out My Youtube Channel: YOUTUBE
Follow Me on Twitter: TWITTER
Watch Me Stream: TWITCH

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

I'm currently bouncing between 3 different games: Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA), Super Metroid (SNES), and Starfox (SNES).
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

A month later, and I'm still playing all three games. The Witcher III is thoroughly enjoyable, but my do-all-sidequests behavior and a two-week honeymoon have meant I've only done the first few required quests while delving deep into optional content. I haven't even visited Triss yet! I also find the card-game-within-a-game (Gwent) a lot of fun, and reminiscent of the card game Condottiere.

I did play Dragon Quest VII while traveling, usually while riding trains or on the airplane. I find it a whole lot more accessible than before. Its redesign of the Shrine of Mysteries helps. (No more manually wandering from pedestal to pedestal with map fragments.) I'm at about 20 hours now, just got my first taste of the job system, and show no signs of stopping. :D

I'm fairly consistently a top-half survivor in PUBG. I can hold my own in early-game fighting. The rest seems to be meta and positioning; if I'm driving blind into a new zone where people have had ample time to find good shelters to protect their position, I'm going to have a bad time.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Sailor Moon Drops
Sailor Moon: Another Story

JonOU812
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JonOU812 »

Been on a Fire Emblem binge playing FE: Blazing Sword while still playing Heroes every now and then, mostly to get orbs. I've been thinking of doing a Nuzlocke, or just a casual run, of Pokemon: Fire Red, maybe stream it over on Twitch if I feel like it.
Check Out My Youtube Channel: YOUTUBE
Follow Me on Twitter: TWITTER
Watch Me Stream: TWITCH

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I've been going full-on cyberpunk. I just finished a play-through of Shadowrun Returns, and I'm going to go onto the other two games in the series (Dragonfall and Hong Kong) pretty soon.

This is in addition to learning the rules of Shadowrun 5e itself, designing a Shadowrun campaign to GM in maybe a year, reading through the rest of William Gibson's sprawl trilogy (well, just re-read Count Zero and now I need to pick up Mona Lisa Overdrive), and watching the YouTube series Corporate SINS (a group out of Seattle broadcasting their really enjoyable SR5e campaign -- they just ended last week but I'm only on like episode 15 out of 90). KF

EDIT: Anyone pick up anything on the latest Steam sale?
~Kizyr (they|them)

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Currently playing Diablo 3 with the new Necromancer
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

Zero
Student of Vane

Post by Zero »

I've been playing FFXII: The Zodiac Age lately. Very good remake.
I'll take a potato chip... and EAT IT!

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Back and forth between Diablo 3 & Lunar SSH. I hadn't played Harmony since 2011 so I decided to give it another go for fun. I realize why i had not played it in so long...I can't stand the new dub lol
Lotus Moon Productions

Zero
Student of Vane

Post by Zero »

ShugoHanasaki wrote:...I can't stand the new dub lol
That was also what I most disliked about that version.

Maus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Maus »

RBI Baseball on the NES... I think I hate it.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Maus wrote:RBI Baseball on the NES... I think I hate it.
Baseball Simluator 1.000 is the best NES baseball game.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Now i'm playing Tales of Bersia. Been wanting it since it came out. I'm only at the beginning, but it's alright. I never liked Zestria. I tried real hard to stick with it, but I just couldn't...
Lotus Moon Productions

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Currently I have open game files in: Bravely Second, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age, Lunar Silver Star Harmony, Star Ocean Second Evolution, Story of Seasons Trio of Towns, Ys Origins, and Ys Chronicles I + II.

I like to game, but I only really get too it after work these days if I’m lucky. Recently I picked up Ever Oasis and Tales of Berseria too; however I’m not going to start them until I beat something from the above list. -__-

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Zero
Student of Vane

Post by Zero »

ShugoHanasaki wrote:I never liked Zestria. I tried real hard to stick with it, but I just couldn't...
Can't blame you for that. Zestiria had one of the most dull cast of characters in the history of the franchise.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I've been playing two games/series recently: the rest of the Shadowrun trilogy (Shadowrun Returns, Shadowrun Dragonfall, and Shadowrun Hong Kong -- currently on Dragonfall), and Tangledeep.

Tangledeep's a game that was just released by one of my friends from the OCR community, zircon / Andrew Aversa. It's in its alpha stage right now (still doing patches, bug fixes, and updates, before it's ready for prime time). But it's still really fun. It's a turn-based roguelike that has a pretty smooth feel to it -- I think folks are comparing it to Crypt of the Necrodancer but turn-based instead of beat-based -- and plenty of job classes, skills, items, random events, and other neat stuff to keep it interesting. Difficulty is challenging though.

Maus wrote:RBI Baseball on the NES... I think I hate it.
That game was so awful it turned me off of the real game of baseball for life.

BUT THAT'S OK I DISCOVERED CRICKET INSTEAD.

No but really, RBI Baseball was miserable. You always had to run halfway across the field to catch a fly ball, but somehow whenever you hit anything the computer player was right underneath the ball waiting to catch you out. WTF!? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)