What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Sonic# »

I played and beat FF7 for the Switch. Between this and FF9, I have finished two Final Fantasy games in my life. Having the x3 speed really helps. In the past, the endgame of a Final Fantasy would always bog me down and I'd lose interest.

I'm waiting for Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I'm also on the fence about Dragon Quest Builders 2. (Encouragement/discouragement welcome!) In the meantime, I'm replaying Witcher 3.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Sonic# wrote:I played and beat FF7 for the Switch. Between this and FF9, I have finished two Final Fantasy games in my life. Having the x3 speed really helps. In the past, the endgame of a Final Fantasy would always bog me down and I'd lose interest.
This is the problem I've been having in my current playthrough of FF9, which has been progressing at a snail's pace for some time now. My party at this point is so strong that the battles aren't really engaging me. This is a common problem with late game Final Fantasy but what really causes problems for me is that the battles still manage to take a long time. In, say, FF6 the endgame battles may have been trivial but at least you just cut through them very quickly. Here between the load times and the long animations (even just choosing a normal attack it feels like characters are doing a leisurely jog to the enemy before striking) every encounter feels like it's taking several times as long as it should. Earlier in the game there was enough strategizing to be done that I didn't mind so much, but now it's really dragging the game down for me.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Beat Devil May Cry 5 and now playing Nelke & The Legendary Alchemists
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Playing Space Engineers. While not quite challenging, its still fun to build massive ships and space stations, or drop down to a planet and build a mining outpost there.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Cadence of Hyrule, on and off. It's a pretty short game, but since it's randomly generated, there's some replay value to it. I want to try the two-player mode, but my husband has been pretty busy so I haven't asked him.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Anyone playing Fire Emblem Three Houses (besides Jenner, I know she is)?

FEAR THE DEER
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Oh, I've been playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I played the first time with the Black Eagles (spoiler:  I chose the church over Edelgard), and am doing a second playthrough (on Hard Classic) with the Golden Deer.

It is one of the more narratively interesting FE games; I haven't been this engaged storywise since Path of Radiance. I think adding the school and the ability to train students was a genius move, as it more fluidly combines character customization with the social rank system. Choosing a house also helped me feel invested in that world. I remember characters' names, which is a miracle with a game that has so many characters.

The combat is Fire Emblem. I enjoy the gambits and the combat arts a lot, especially the more manipulable ones like Stride, which greatly boost a unit's movement speed for a turn. I've used Stride to move several units far forward on a first turn, had Dorothea Dance Bernadette to grant her a another turn, had Linhardt Warp said Bernadette to an enemy commander, and had Bernadette kill the commander with a bow. The game made me feel good for figuring that out on my own.

Oh, and the Divine Pulse is a great way to both rewind time (to avoid character deaths) and have a record for what happened in a battle. Only once on Normal did I end up in a situation where I accepted a player death, and that was when Shamir could drop the shield on the final boss to enable one final character to kill it. I thought about it and decided to let Shamir have her sacrifice. I felt bad. :/

The New Game + is fun. It doesn't give me instant access to the ranks and skills the main character had before, but it does allow me to buy them back with renown. I boosted Professor Level first thing so that I could train with all the other professors early, get buff, and woo other students away.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Currently I am working on Fire Emblem Three Houses and Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns.

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Kingdom Hearts

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Slowly still playing Nelke & The Legendary Alchemists
Lotus Moon Productions

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Just got that Grandia HD collection for Switch

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Grandia HD Collection. :D

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Grandia II

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World. Playing the original as Translated by the TLWiki as the remake art style looks bland and bad.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Just beat Atelier Lulua recently and it was a great Atelier game unlike a lot of them recently! I enjoyed myself. Tried to go back and play DW9, but i still can't enjoy it...It just isn't the Dynasty I like...

I am eagerly waiting Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel Part III . The demo was great!
Lotus Moon Productions

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Finished YU-NO (original, not the remake.) By far the strangest game I have every finished. Not a criticism, I overall highly enjoyed it. It messes with your head big time. Also it had a great fan-localization that reminded me of Working Designs.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Very much enjoying Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel Part III now! (^.^) It's really good. I hope Part 4 makes its way over in the next 2 years. I'm also looking forward to Ys IX & the Legend of Heroes Crossbell series
Lotus Moon Productions

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

SHENMUE 3. My favorite series.

1. Shenmue
2. Lunar
3. Monkey Island

JonOU812