What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Maus
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Maus »

I finished Chrono Trigger.

I think it's heavily overrated, to be honest.

I liked it, but found myself wishing the next part would be the last way too often.

And I didn't find the story to be all that engaging, to be honest. Nor the combat. But the presentation (graphics and especially music) was so great, I kept pushing thru.

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Finished my replay of Panzer Dragoon Saga. Great game with a bizarre ending, but not worth the ridiculous prices it goes for on ebay though. I'm glad I bought it ~5 years ago when they weren't as ridiculous. As for Saturn games that I lost my saves on a faulty AR cart years ago, only Shining: The Holy Ark remains the be replayed.

The Alliance Alive on 3DS is pretty good so far, after the extremely easy (SSH-level) beginning, the difficulty heats up when you get the volcano realm (pun intended.)

Still replaying Lunar TSS & Final Fantasy VI.
Maus wrote:I finished Chrono Trigger.

I think it's heavily overrated, to be honest.

I liked it, but found myself wishing the next part would be the last way too often.

And I didn't find the story to be all that engaging, to be honest. Nor the combat. But the presentation (graphics and especially music) was so great, I kept pushing thru.
I do love CT (story/characters/music/combat especially), but to each their own.
Last edited by Shinto-Cetra on Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I played through half of Growlanser 2. I may return, but in the interim I've been distracted by playing Skyrim for the Switch. (I am committed to seeing my Orc Hammerwielder Miranda through.)

I've also been playing Into the Breach. From the developers of FTL, it indeed feels like a turn-based tile strategy game if done by the developers of FTL. The basic, compelling gameplay concept has tons of replayability because of all the different crews and techniques I can use. There's also just a hint of XCOM - each playthrough I can keep one character, but death is permanent, so when I accidentally killed a character who had gone through two playthroughs I was crushed.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Much of my gaming time suddenly disappeared for obvious reasons. At least right now I don't have the time for deep sustained dives into games, so I've been playing in shorter spurts: Skyrim, Phantasy Star IV, and Raft have all received some attention.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Lunar Eternal Blue

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Lunar Silver Star Story Complete ^_^

Currently on my way to Meryod!
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Live A Live!

I wish I had played this game sooner, and I wish there were more games like it. I read that old-timers in Japan think of it as the predecessor to Chrono Trigger, and it does have the same sort of thematic everything-and-the-kitchen-sink vibe.
「まあいいけど。」

Dragon Master Lunar81
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Dragon Master Lunar81 »

Earthbound for the SNES. Didn't have the patience to talk to everybody and it was too weird for me back as a kid. Now I don't know how I lived without it. A great game so far! I am at a big tall city for y'all whose played it through.

Maus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Maus »

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition. Though since I already put hundreds of hours into the 3DS one I'm slowing down a little.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I figured out I could do New Game+ of Persona 5 with one hand while carrying a sleeping baby, so that.
Sonic#

AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

I had a lot of gaming sessions with my infant on my shoulder. Now that I think about it that was the only way I was able to play through MGS Phantom Pain. Play for two hours, wake the kid up, play again later.

At the moment I just bought Tales of Zestiria and Senran Kagura Estival Versus as they're pretty cheap now. I'm not enjoying Zestiria as much as Berseria. The VA work is good and overall presentation similar to Berseria but I'm having a difficult time with the - to me - cumbersome battle mechanics. Estival Versus is, well... a Senran Kagura game but it's fun to beat the hell out of an onslaught of 40 CPU enemies at once and it's easy to get into.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

I didn't like Zesteria that much either. Berseria was amazing! ^_^

I'm currently re-play LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue Complete
Lotus Moon Productions

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

West of Loathing.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Final Fantasy VII now!

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Finishing up replaying L:TSS also still replaying FF6.
New stuff: I kinda lost interest in Luminous Arc 2 (DS)that I mentioned earlier. Not a huge fan of either main ship, plus it's a little too Anime tropey if ya know what I mean.
I started Shining Force Ressurection of the Dark Dragon (GBA), with the new
HQ party dialogue being a draw for me. However, I later learned that party members getting hit once may make them stop revealing their life stories to you. At least in Shining Force III, you get HQ dialogue from party members no matter what. Gah I love SF3 but that older ones don't hold up IMO.
The Alliance Alive (3DS) that I mentioned earlier gets a huge difficulty spike at chapter 20. Not fun...
I'm nearing the End of Cosmic Star Heroine on PS4. And got back to the Revolutionary Girl Utena dating sim on Sega Saturn.
Sonic# wrote:Much of my gaming time suddenly disappeared for obvious reasons. At least right now I don't have the time for deep sustained dives into games, so I've been playing in shorter spurts: Skyrim, Phantasy Star IV, and Raft have all received some attention.
I beat it years ago, I need to get back to replaying PSIV eventually. I started in on OpenEmu on Mac, but I later found that the PC Steam version supports xBRZ filter which looks slightly better than the HQ4x filter in OpenEmu, plus the xBRZ filter glitches my OpenEMU. Not the biggest deal though.
MaroonChan wrote:Final Fantasy VII now!
I've beaten FF7 twice, the second time I actually beat Emerald WEAPON. I tried to play the PC modded version recently. It's so buggy...

JonOU812
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JonOU812 »

Been grinding on Fire Emblem: Binding Blade (found an English translation) mostly arena and seize abusing to level up everybody. I've also been wanting to play FF6 and possibly a nuzlocke in Pokemon Emerald or Fire Red.
Check Out My Youtube Channel: YOUTUBE
Follow Me on Twitter: TWITTER
Watch Me Stream: TWITCH

Dragon Master Lunar81
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Dragon Master Lunar81 »

Started replaying Donkey Kong Country! Fully completing one world a day. Also playing Earthbound Zero? (Mother 1) with the English patch...considering whether I should just bite the bullet and just play the original Mother 1...might be better. I'm not sure.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Started playing Shining Resonance Refrain yesterday. Not too far in, but I'm look forward to it!
Lotus Moon Productions

Ghaleon777
Lostest Boy

Post by Ghaleon777 »

The Witcher 3, superb game!
I want to try Dragon Quest: Heroes and Final Fantasy XV someday.
Lately i was replaying Lunar 1 and 2 for Sega Saturn, Ghaleon`s voice on japanese is badass, specially on Lunar 2.
RIP Rokuro Naya