What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by VidKid369 »

I finally beat Vanguard Bandits today. It took me a while, more than a month, because I was working out like crazy trying to lose more weight. Then, I got sick which I still have the sniffles and a cough right now. But, I beat the Kingdom Branch and I'm pretty sure I got the good ending. I've already beaten it before but I'm just replaying through my entire collection right now just for the Hell of it. Just to save money and because I've forgotten what happened in all the games I've finished like 10+ years ago. Working Designs games are still pretty fun for me to play through.

I don't know what to play next. With Christmas coming up I was thinking about playing LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue COMPLETE, but, I thought I could sneak in a playthrough of Suikoden II before the end of the month or something. Now, I'm just thinking about hooking up my PlayStation 2 and getting through a bunch of games on there since I've been playing PlayStation 1 games for way too long now and I just need something different to spice it up.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Still playing Warriors Orochi 4, but I plan to move on to a different game afterwards.
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Wild Arms

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Currently completing all the stages in Warriors Orochi 4 on chaotic mode ^^
Lotus Moon Productions

JonOU812
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JonOU812 »

Currently playing FF12: Zodiac Age. Would play more but my ps4 is acting up atm. So instead i'm biding my time with FF Dimensions until I fix it.
Check Out My Youtube Channel: YOUTUBE
Follow Me on Twitter: TWITTER
Watch Me Stream: TWITCH

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Finally completed Ace Attorney 2: Justice for All on my 3DS. I love the humor and characters, I just take forever to get the pressing/presenting evidence right. I try to keep using guides to a minimum cause I could complete the game in a day if I did that for the whole game and I want some challenge. Anyways Maya is safe, and Edgeworth has really developed since the first game; I'll start AA3 at some point.

Otherwise I'm mostly focused on Lunar: Eternal Blue for SEGA CD via OpenEmu. I just cleared the Red Dragon Cave. Unlike TSS vs remakes it's basically the same game thus far as I suspected, though it is still nice as I played Lunar 2 on PS1 in ~2012 and had forgotten some of it .

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

After getting 100% on Warriors Orochi 4

I am now playing Omega Quintet
Lotus Moon Productions

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Pokemon Let's Go Eevee

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

I'm playing Let's Go Eevee too! What a fun game!
Lotus Moon Productions

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Langrisser mobile (discussed in another thread) and Saiyuki Journey West for PS1 are my main games right now. Saiyuki has nice gameplay/characters plus it’s good to play an rpg that takes place in fantasy Asia as opposed to fantasy Europe for once. Currently about to fight Taurus aka Cowface (lol Son Goku.)

Playing SSSC on PS1 a bit (currently in Lann), but I’m trying to hold off a bit to see if the fanmade Saturn MPEG port of it comes out soon. It's pretty good but TSS is still the best.

I got the end of Disc 1 in Final Fantasy IX, and don’t think I’ll continue. Honestly I don’t get the hype. It’s good, but nothing great. It’s odd because it had all the right people (Sakaguchi, Uematsu, and Amano) working on it, but I guess they all collectively weren’t at their best. Well *maybe* Uematsu was, but a score alone can’t carry a game.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Shinto-Cetra wrote: I got the end of Disc 1 in Final Fantasy IX, and don’t think I’ll continue. Honestly I don’t get the hype. It’s good, but nothing great. It’s odd because it had all the right people (Sakaguchi, Uematsu, and Amano) working on it, but I guess they all collectively weren’t at their best. Well *maybe* Uematsu was, but a score alone can’t carry a game.
I find almost everything about FF9 to be good but not great. There's nothing really wrong with it, but at the same time it doesn't really do much to elevate it above other FF's in my mind. Ultimately I do enjoy it, but I also don't find it particularly memorable. Vivi is great though.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Tales of Vesperia ^_^
Lotus Moon Productions

JonOU812
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JonOU812 »

Currently playing PKMN Emerald with some mods installed, ust some basic ones. Also trying to find a game to throw a lot of my time into. Currently thinking of either FF12 or replaying FF15 since my game got wiped.
Check Out My Youtube Channel: YOUTUBE
Follow Me on Twitter: TWITTER
Watch Me Stream: TWITCH

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Lunar Legend. Feeling a bit wistful that there's probably no reason for this particular version of Lunar 1 ever to get re-released, because it has a few things in it that other versions don't -- like Alex actually saying stuff in the parts of the game that are unique to this version, and Nash showing seeds of decency even early on.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'm replaying Phantasy Star IV on the Genesis Classics collection for the Switch. The game still holds up for me. The initial scenes with the school principal are a study in doing a lot of character development with little dialogue, and each interparty dialogue since has been thoroughly entertaining. (I like how dismissive Rune is of Chaz.)

I've been playing Red Dead Redemption 2 since shortly after Christmas. I'm of two minds on it.

I love:
The open world design
The feel of gun combat
Open-ended or sandbox encounters
Exploring desolate parts of the map
Arthur Morgan, Hosea, Lenny, Mary-Beth, Sadie, and a few other characters
Parts of the story focused on getting to know characters, especially early on

I dislike:
How clunky the controls sometimes are. I should not be able to accidentally draw my gun and hold someone up.
The overall story, mainly in tone (if I wanted dark western I'd reread Blood Meridian)
Player buy-in (why allow me to both play as, say, a Neutral Good Arthur Morgan while also requiring me to play a Chaotic Neutral at best Arthur Morgan in cutscenes? why am I required to beat someone for information?)
Between the two previous entries, there's a larger sense that I don't like the game pretending I have a choice to act as the character, only to take away that choice when it doesn't fit with the story. Many RPGs avoid that by defining the character and available actions pretty strictly (the only thieving in Lunar is scripted), or defining the story pretty loosely (where multiple alignments and approaches can fulfill objectives). RDR 2 gives me freedom in the open world, but it then is more frustrating when the story moves me from one scene to another with little dialogue choice or choice of action. (At best, I get to decide on how to kill people in front of me.)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

2018 games I beat in order. Stars are for games I beat in my youth. I hadn't played this many games since high school (1999). Not sure why I felt so nostalgic this year.

PS3 Yakuza 5 9/10
PS4 Yakuza 6 10/10
PC Curse of Monkey Island 10/10*
PS1 FF7 10/10
SS Dragon Force 9/10*
SCD Vay 7/10*
PC Costume Quest 1 7/10
PS1 Castlevania: SOTN 9/10
PC Costume Quest 2 6/10
PS1 Resident Evil 9/10
SS Lunacy 10/10
PS1 Wild Arms 8/10
PS4 Red Dead Redemption 2 10/10
SNES Chrono Trigger 10/10
SCD Eye of the Beholder 10/10
GEN Shining in the Darkness 7/10
SNES Mario RPG 7/10
DC Shenmue 1 10/10*
SCD Snatcher 10/10
SS Christmas NiGHTS 8/10*
PS1 Metal Gear Solid 8/10
PS1 Resident Evil 2 9/10

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Alunissage wrote:Lunar Legend. Feeling a bit wistful that there's probably no reason for this particular version of Lunar 1 ever to get re-released, because it has a few things in it that other versions don't -- like Alex actually saying stuff in the parts of the game that are unique to this version, and Nash showing seeds of decency even early on.
That is a fun game! I kind of wish some sort of HD remake would come out on the PSN or something. Or Switch?
Lotus Moon Productions

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, that's the thing. With two more advanced versions of Lunar 1 already existing, it's unlikely that anyone would bother re-releasing this one, since even phones can run SSSC just fine. Why bother enhancing this one? I mean, I like the change of pace of the different scenes and that Alex and Nash are both a bit more relatable in the beginning, but that's not going to be enough of a reason to put more effort into it for most people -- especially since it really does need a nontrivial amount of text editing and a bit of bugfixing.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Sailor Moon Drops

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Alunissage wrote:Well, that's the thing. With two more advanced versions of Lunar 1 already existing, it's unlikely that anyone would bother re-releasing this one, since even phones can run SSSC just fine. Why bother enhancing this one? I mean, I like the change of pace of the different scenes and that Alex and Nash are both a bit more relatable in the beginning, but that's not going to be enough of a reason to put more effort into it for most people -- especially since it really does need a nontrivial amount of text editing and a bit of bugfixing.
I was just thinking of a port over. That's all. No crazy remake addons. Just make it compatible for PS4 (HD it kind of) Then have it as PSN exclusive or something.
Lotus Moon Productions