Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (Nintendo DS)

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (Nintendo DS)

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I just picked this up yesterday. It's SOOOOOOOOOO good! It's a neat little puzzle game from the writer/creator of the Ace Attorney series.

You play as the recently deceased Sissel. He's been killed, but he has no idea why, or even who he is. All he knows is that he wants to get to the bottom of this mystery! In order to accomplish this, he must use special "Ghost Tricks", powers where he can possess objects to move around and also manipulate them to achieve his goals. Most of the time, this involves saving the lives of people who've been killed.

But they're already dead right? Ah, that's one of his powers. He can travel back to 4 minutes before their deaths, watch the scene play itself out, and then try to change it so they don't die.

Most of the puzzles in this game are set up like giant Rube Goldberg machines, and it's fun watching them play out. The only slightly annoying aspect is that sometimes you can get "stuck" and have to return to the beginning of the puzzle (or the last checkpoint). Otherwise, I'm about 2/3rds of the way through and so far it's AMAZING!

Highly recommended!
-Nobi

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (Nintendo DS)

Post by whitedragon_nall »

I've been thinking about picking this up, but my DS is currently pre-occupied with Kingdom Hearts Re:coded. You seem to be really enjoying it though. I'll definitely keep it in mind for the future. The story sounds kinda dark too...I like that. Is it a pretty serious toned game?

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (Nintendo DS)

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Actually it's kinda light-heatred. There's a few serious moments here and there, but mostly comical.
-Nobi