So Pokemon Black/White is pretty much awesome.

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Hirox
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

So Pokemon Black/White is pretty much awesome.

Post by Hirox »

Did anyone else here pick up a copy? If so anyone wanna do some trading or have a battle?

Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest

Re: So Pokemon Black/White is pretty much awesome.

Post by Shin Otaku III »

I had a copy in my hands today. Had to put it back. I don't have time for anything for at least another couple of weeks. :( How are the graphics and all? Advertisements kept bragging about it, but it didn't look at that much different to me?? Still need to beat Soul Silver too :\

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I want to play it, I really do, but I have to catch all the other pokemon from ever single pokemon game that ever came out. Then travel around the world to one time events that have already expired to get rare pokemon and/or items. Then take all those games and trade it with the two newest games to get only a fraction of the pokemon. Then play the newest games, travel the world to get rare pokemon and/or items, then trade between the games. Then wait for the newest game (Pokemon Grey? Who knows) to be able to get the last few pokemon, again travel the world....

Yeah, all the fun has left the games for me.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

I have already played Pokemon Red. I have Gold because, well, I wanted to try to capture that old feeling I felt from the first game. These are the only two games I have and they're the only two games I'd want. I don't care about all the latest Pokemon, I can barely stand some of the new ones. All I wanted to do was recapture a piece of nostalgia.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Wanted to pick one of these up, but have NO idea which one... @_@
I'm leaning toward White, because I heard there was a forest area in it versus a city area that you get in black. That's all I really know though. xD

Poll time, black or white guys?? (Perhaps someone can tell me a few of the differences between the two. xD)
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Shin Otaku III »

Aside from the pokemon specific to each version (have to go on serebii.net for a more specific list), Black and White both feature new battling styles: Triple Battles and Rotation Battles. Each version has one style featured more prominently than the other:
Depending on the game version, one of these two new battle types will be found in greater quantity than the other; Black has more Rotation Battles than Triple Battles, and vice versa in White.
source here

Read under "New Features" for a more detailed description of each.

Personally, I'm going with White version because I don't like the play style of Rotation Battles: it's a little too randomized and less strategic. Just imo...

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

LuNaRtIc wrote:Poll time, black or white guys?? (Perhaps someone can tell me a few of the differences between the two. xD)
Well, they do say that once you go black, you never go back.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

I absolutely LOATHE this generation. I didn't even get to the third gym and I stopped playin' the game. I hate everythin' about these games. This is the first game that I play where I get progressively more pissed off as I play.
ImageImageImage

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

I may try to stop stealing other people's games and playing them and get my own version. Only, I don't own a DS but I need to get it before April 10th if I'm going to get Victini.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.