What's the last RPG you've completed?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
localflick
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

What's the last RPG you've completed?

Post by localflick »

I'm sure if I waited a few weeks we'd get hundreds of posts saying DS, but what was the last RPG you went through, and how long did it take?

For me it's Shenmue for Dreamcast, and off the top of my head it took about 19hrs. Probably would've been less, but the You Arcade is fun... :wink:

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

If strategy RPGs count, then Dragon Force, as I just replayed it. Otherwise... Lunar Eternal Blue Complete for the third time (and screens from it coming soon... some off 4000+ more than what's already up). If Lunar is excluded, Suikoden IV was the most recent, clear back in January.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Lunar Legend, I think. :P A few months ago, after I got my DS.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Hmmmm. That I completed? Finished? Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete. Before that, Growlanser 2!
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

I think the last RPG I played (not REplayed) would have been... Batan Kaitos for Gamecube. No wait~! It was Xenosaga II for Playstation 2.

Audric
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Audric »

Tales of Symphonia

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Hm...that's hard. I can't really remember since I haven't been playing games that much lately. I think it was Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories that only took me a week and 2 days to beat after the release date. :P

I need to start working on games again...maybe I'll work on FFVIII or FFVI.

Zhirl
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zhirl »

Hmm...No idea, maybe Azure Dreams months ago.
Curiosity killed the cat, white man brought it back.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Not sure if it counts or not, but I just finished a play-through of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past on the GBA.

And I STILL can't find all the heart pieces, after all these years. Damn you, heart pieces!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Which are you missing?

...okay, that's a silly question. But I know what you mean. The first two or three times I played it seemed like I missed a different one each time.

meru
Reza Thief

Post by meru »

Um, I think it was Lunar Legend also. I have barely beat any of my games...
I wanted healing, attention, and love to gain. But you gave me hatred, abuse and pain.
-Meru

Felth
Burg Farmer

Post by Felth »

I recently completed Riviera: The Promised Land for the second time. It took me about thirty hours to play through again.

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

riviera: the promised land. cool game by the way.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I keep forgetting to look for that, but it sounds pretty interesting. Too bad its availability seems to be nonexistent when I do look.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

The Last game I beat was Lunar Legend (I got it used at gamestop) but before that it was Skies of Arcadia. Great game.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

I really want to finish Skies of Arcadia, it's such a great game! I've had it for about a year, but I keep playing other games instead. I'm almost done with Silent Hill 3, then I can get back into it.

mr. farenheit
Saith Pirate

Post by mr. farenheit »

I just finished final fantasy 8 for the first time today.It took me 5 years to beat the final boss because I always arrive at a low level.And I also didn't stock up on items before the point of no return known as ultemecia's castle.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Grats on beating FF VIII :D I love that game so much.

Apocalypse
Lann Fisherman

Post by Apocalypse »

The latest was "Skies of Arcadia". Shortly before that, I finished "Riviera: The Promised Land". Both we particularly good RPG titles. 8)

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Does it count if I was replaying a game and not for the first time? If so, then Final Fantasy X-2. I didn't touch my save for over 6 months and I decided to play through it once more. I nearly fell over when I completed it and I saw that it was my 14th time completing the game. I don't know why, but that game is just so fun to me. By far my favorite Final Fantasy, although I get much heat from FF fans when I say that. I think 14 is a nice number, so I won't be beating it again for a while though! :P

As for fresh RPGs I've beaten, hmm...

Probably Kingdom Hearts, even though that was almost two months ago. I really need to start playing some of the RPGs I have collecting dust right now. I've either yet to open them or only played a few minutes of them to get a feel of the game. I have to have at least 13 RPGs that I haven't even opened! >_<
- Mike