ITT: We spoil Zelda: Ocarina of Time for Kizyr.

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Jenner
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

ITT: We spoil Zelda: Ocarina of Time for Kizyr.

Post by Jenner »

Actually, no we don't. Kiz has never played OoT, he just got it on his 3DS and he's at the Forest Temple right now.

What I would like you all to do is make up a bunch of LIES about things that happen in this game. Note, absolute lies, these things cannot even somewhat happen. No a tongue and cheek twists on something that DOES happen. Do you understand?

Here is an example:

I love the part where Saria goes insane and burns the entire Lost Woods and Kokori Village to the ground, I felt it was a compelling arc to her character development. I didn't expect her to secretly be a villain all along, it really sold the game to me.

Commence.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: ITT: We spoil Zelda: Ocarina of Time for Kizyr.

Post by Kizyr »

REDEADS ARE ONE OF THE SCARIEST THINGS EVER MADE.

You have no idea how freaky they look on the 3DS until you've experienced it firsthand. In surround sound. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I loved the scene when Ganondorf legally changed his name to Gannon just to annoy those annoy Gannon-Ban people.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I liked the scene that happens when you finally manage to cut the chicken open. Rupees and a heart! (A chicken heart!)

And if you ride Epona on the wrong midnight, then you will ride away on her to a little enclosure, where she gets it on with a pony that presciently resembles Bill the Pony.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

My personal favorites are when you buy a potion from a witch but end up returning it cause it was past the expiracy date!

And when you get the red tunic, if you go to the town where its snowing, kids mistake you for Santa :O if you bring them presents, you get one of the heart containers.

And right after you get the master sword, return to Link's house,
there's a treasure chest under Link's bed containing the Dark Scimitar!

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

My favorite touch is how if you leave the game on for three days straight, the moon suddenly begins to grow a face and then fall. Then, at the very last moment, it says, "Oops... wrong game."

What great foreshadowing.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Screw Aerith's death, the death that shocked me as a kid was when Ganondorf stabbed Saria in front of Link, laughing and then casting her aside like a ragdoll! I was scarred for life! How this game managed to not get Rated M is beyond me!
-Nobi

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:Screw Aerith's death, the death that shocked me as a kid was when Ganondorf stabbed Saria in front of Link, laughing and then casting her aside like a ragdoll! I was scarred for life! How this game managed to not get Rated M is beyond me!
And then he casts Meteor, causing the moon to fall (starting Majora's Mask) because Hyrule is confused about science. (Math is hard.)

Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Shin Otaku III »

Ganon is actually Link's father. And by Link's father, I actually mean Zelda's father since she's Leia.

Something like that. You should probably be playing minish cap instead.

just sayin

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

I got through the Forest Temple and Fire Temple by now. The bit after the Forest Temple made me sad.

This game is absolutely incredible. Even if you played it on the N64, go ahead and pick this up for the 3DS. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Oh that means you're almost at the Water Temple. I was a little disappointed by how easy that temple was.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Werefrog wrote:Oh that means you're almost at the Water Temple. I was a little disappointed by how easy that temple was.
To be fair, I think people misconstrued the legend that was the OoT water temple. The temple itself isn't all that hard; it's that in the N64 original it was annoying as all hell because you had to CONSTANTLY go into the menu to equip and de-equip the Iron Boots because they were treated as Equipment, not as an Item (and thereby not mappable to the C buttons). With the 3DS remake fixing this and making them switchable at the tap of a button/touch pad, the dungeon became a simple normal Zelda dungeon.
-Nobi

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I dunno, I found the temple very difficult. The boot-switching was a nuisance, but the poison floor outside the main area were the worst. It took me several times to figure out that I needed to walk in iron boots even while above water to get past the floor.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Hi guys. You're not supposed to offer any real spoilers. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm just amazed you've never played it until now.
-G1

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I always loved going to Gannon's home village past that temple on the west side of the map. The part where you go over the broken bridge. When you see Gannon's village it makes it a lot easier to see his reasons for being such a bad guy.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

I just finished the Shadow Temple.
Bongos scare me now. WTF. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I hope you're not playing Donkey Konga next.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Just FYI, I finished this game around the end of March and opened up the Master Quest.

Since that first go-around was a little too easy, a little later this summer I'm gonna give that a try to see if the difficulty's ramped up a little. Should be fun! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

REDEADS ARE ONE OF THE SCARIEST THINGS EVER MADE.
-That quote made my day. Congrats, and enjoy the master quest :)