The Suffering

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.

Your thoughts on The Suffering...

Awesome game! I've replayed it a bunch!
No votes
Good game, I played it twice through.
20%
I finished it but didn't enjoy it.
No votes
It sucked and I couldn't even finish it.
No votes
I've never heard of/played it before.
80%

Total votes: 5

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

The Suffering

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I guess I could say I'm a pretty big fan of the survival horror game genre... my fiance recently purchased a copy of The Suffering. For those of you not familiar with the game it's basically about a man named Torque who's been accused of murdering his wife and two sons and is imprisoned on an island called Carnate. You play as Torque and to my enjoyment you have the choice of being "good" or "evil". Of course when I'd previously rented the game I was evil and killed everything haha... I know, I've got issues :P But the second time I went around trying to be good and saving people and what not.

The graphics aren't the best, but not bad either. There's problems here and there with arms and some objects passing through walls, but I think that can be found in almost all games. The soundtrack is all right, I personally wouldn't buy it, but it doesn't take anything away from the game either. The creatures are pretty inventive, all are based on forms of execution which is pretty creepy. The voice acting in it isn't too bad, although the language is HIGHLY mature, not only a lot of cussing but some things minors should not be listening to - heh.

So, what are your thoughts? Has anyone else played this? I think it's rather old now, but someone recently mentioned it to me and I've really enjoyed playing it so far.

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

never played it and never wanna play it...

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

SSSFan wrote:never played it and never wanna play it...

Just not your kinda game? Can ya elaborate a little? :)