Pure Unadulterated Shameless Advertising

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Pure Unadulterated Shameless Advertising

Post by Ardent Fox »

What's up everyone!

I'm here to talk to you about something I do in my spare time. When I can't think of something to do in the middle of the night, I log onto Twitch and play vidya games for anyone willing to watch (or anyone with enough patience). I generally do this with a friend of mine and my roommate, but sometimes I have to fly solo. We don't have a schedule down right now because being an adult is hard work, but we're hoping to have something set in stone.

If you want to check us out, feel free to watch some highlights or our old broadcasts and see if we're for you. We're not doctor recommended, but 9 out of 10 homeless people we paid can't be wrong when they say we're the best.

So click here, because it gets lonely sometimes!

Upcoming games:
Crash Bandicoot (1-3)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Life is Strange Episode 3
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (At least when online is released)
And much, much more!

Leo
BANNED

Re: Pure Unadulterated Shameless Advertising

Post by Leo »

I thought this thread was going to be about the Showtime series Shameless.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Hey gang! Just to let you know at some point I'm going to do two weeks of streaming for the Lunar games! Probably coming sometime in the summer when I have a few weeks free to actually sit down and do them. I figured since this is a Lunar board, this would be relevant to interests!

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for games they'd like to see, feel free to reply in this thread and I'll try to get to them.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

How are you on multiplayer games? Some of the older (i.e., N64-and-earlier-era) multiplayer games can be really fun to watch others play if it's the right group, but a lot depends on the banter and behavior of the players. Not fighting games, though -- those have been done enough times. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Kizyr wrote:How are you on multiplayer games? Some of the older (i.e., N64-and-earlier-era) multiplayer games can be really fun to watch others play if it's the right group, but a lot depends on the banter and behavior of the players. Not fighting games, though -- those have been done enough times. KF
We actually did a stream of nothing but old PS1 fighters and wound up getting a good crowd for it. There aren't many coop games for us to play, but we pick them up when we can and give them a go. For the most part, we'll play platformers as a two player experience by handing the controller back and forth.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

^ Do you ever do co-op 2 player? I don't watch many streams, but I'd totally watch a stream of X-Men for the Sega Genesis, especially if it were co-op.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Ardent Fox wrote:
Kizyr wrote:How are you on multiplayer games? Some of the older (i.e., N64-and-earlier-era) multiplayer games can be really fun to watch others play if it's the right group, but a lot depends on the banter and behavior of the players. Not fighting games, though -- those have been done enough times. KF
We actually did a stream of nothing but old PS1 fighters and wound up getting a good crowd for it. There aren't many coop games for us to play, but we pick them up when we can and give them a go. For the most part, we'll play platformers as a two player experience by handing the controller back and forth.
What I had in mind mostly were classic platformer co-ops. Gunstar Heroes is a great one -- both because the game is simply fun, and I can see a way that a stream with good hosts can make it really entertaining to watch. Beat-em-ups (e.g., Streets of Rage, Golden Axe) aren't as good though because they're much slower-paced -- although Battletoads might be good if you can make the frustration entertaining. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Sonic# wrote:^ Do you ever do co-op 2 player? I don't watch many streams, but I'd totally watch a stream of X-Men for the Sega Genesis, especially if it were co-op.
X-Men is something that can possibly happen. We might see about doing the arcade version of the game. I think those are the same game. We also did a Toejam and Earl play through and recently we did a week of Crash Bandicoot where we handed the controller back and forth. We often find ways to make games co-op.
Kizyr wrote: What I had in mind mostly were classic platformer co-ops. Gunstar Heroes is a great one -- both because the game is simply fun, and I can see a way that a stream with good hosts can make it really entertaining to watch. Beat-em-ups (e.g., Streets of Rage, Golden Axe) aren't as good though because they're much slower-paced -- although Battletoads might be good if you can make the frustration entertaining. KF
We did a night of beat-em ups with Final Fight 2, Ninja Warriors and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4: Turtle in Time. It was good stuff and we found a way to make it entertaining. However, Gunstar Heroes is a game we can do as well.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

They are not at all the same game. The arcade version of X-Men is an excellent beat-em-up in the vein of Streets of Rage or Golden Axe. The Genesis version is more of a platformer where you fight people. Both would be great, but I have a special fondness for the Genesis version - it was one of my first Genesis games.

Arcade:

Genesis:
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Sonic# wrote:They are not at all the same game. The arcade version of X-Men is an excellent beat-em-up in the vein of Streets of Rage or Golden Axe. The Genesis version is more of a platformer where you fight people. Both would be great, but I have a special fondness for the Genesis version - it was one of my first Genesis games.
Ah, cool. If we can find a version that will work and be picked up by our broadcasting software, we will totally do this.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Hey guys, it's me again. This time, without shameless self promotion, but a cause.

Tomorrow we're going to be streaming for a charity called 8-Bit Salute. Their cause is to raise money to send video games to troops overseas who don't have the access to them. They also wish to send them to overseas hospitals for therapy. I'm asking for anyone who wants to help, every little bit counts. The show starts tomorrow in the morning and we wont be stopping until close to midnight. Any support you can give us be it monetary or moral would help.

Thanks guys.

Donation page here!

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Bloodstained....human suffering.....Bloodstained...human suffering..

Why is life so full of tough choices?

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Hey gang, I haven't been able to post this here yet unfortunately, but I'm doing a 12-hour charity stream in which I'll be playing Metal Gear Solid and possibly one other game should MGS take less time than I think. I have a donation page set up with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, a topic that's fairly near and dear to my heart. I'd like to ask that if you're not doing anything to show your support. You don't even have to donate if you can't, but by showing up to the stream or even letting others know who might want to get involved can be a huge help. The show is starting at 11AM EST and ends at 11PM EST.

Thanks everyone, the links will be below for you.

Channel: Click me!
Donation page: Right here!