Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - A Koji Igarashi Game

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Leo
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - A Koji Igarashi Game

Post by Leo »

Arlia wrote:I don't really care what anyone else thinks.
More people should learn how to feel this way. lol

Zero
Student of Vane

Post by Zero »

Arlia wrote:Heh, I don't have to like him, period. I don't really care what anyone else thinks.
Oh, of course not. And you shouldn't care what anyone else think about someone you don't like. I was just trying to provide a little insight in case it was a situation where you dislike someone without really knowing a lot about them. And, again, I'm not saying it was, but just in case. I myself have been guilty of that before. I got one impression of someone and ran with it but later found out more about 'em and it kinda changed how I saw them. I think it's easy to do with people we don't know irl.
I'll take a potato chip... and EAT IT!

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

I used to think of Joan Rivers as "That annoying old woman who keeps interviewing young celebrities" until I decided to look into what she did and found out that she was hilarious on stage.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

I care what others think about almost anything. I'm always asking opinions about things like music or art. I want to know what kind of people live in this world, and what they're after. It helps understand a lot more about what to do, what not to do, and even how I like to sound when I give my own opinion.

BTW, $2,000,000 reached!
Next 2 goals: Retro level and Classic Mode.
Looks like I'll be upgrading my pledge after all.

I'm assuming that a retro level will be just 1 area in the game modeled after 8bit or 16bit type of videogame art (hopefully music and sound too), and Classic mode will be a re-arrangement of most areas in the game so that they can be played linearly, like Castlevania 1 for example. Come to think of it, even Castlevania 2 and 3 weren't that linear... so that would be a cool mode!

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

I didn't mean to sound cross, but as I mentioned in another thread, I have no energy for debates anymore. While I care what others think and feel, I don't care what they think of me. I know I'm rarely agreed with.

Having said that... I may still buy the game. It does look fun. I'm not unaware that my harsh opinions sometimes makes me lose out.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

jay_are wrote:I care what others think about almost anything. I'm always asking opinions about things like music or art. I want to know what kind of people live in this world, and what they're after. It helps understand a lot more about what to do, what not to do, and even how I like to sound when I give my own opinion.

BTW, $2,000,000 reached!
Next 2 goals: Retro level and Classic Mode.
Looks like I'll be upgrading my pledge after all.

I'm assuming that a retro level will be just 1 area in the game modeled after 8bit or 16bit type of videogame art (hopefully music and sound too), and Classic mode will be a re-arrangement of most areas in the game so that they can be played linearly, like Castlevania 1 for example. Come to think of it, even Castlevania 2 and 3 weren't that linear... so that would be a cool mode!
Gonna donate $10,000 and spend a day with a man that probably doesn't speak English? =P

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I finally went with the $60 digital edition of the game with the soundtrack and guide. I REALLY wanted the $300 signed copy, but I can't afford that and it's a lot of money. So I went with something I can afford. :P

I really hope that Bloodstained gets enough funds for Classic Mode! That would be SO AWESOME! :D

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

The donations have slowed down quite a bit but I'm still hopeful for reaching the 2.5m mark. We still have 27 days to go.

Taiyaki
Meribian Merchant

Post by Taiyaki »

I think donations tend to slow down dramatically after the first couple days of a successful Kickstarter based on what I've seen. They tend to slow down even more from the 4th or 5th day but usually a good Kickstarter will still keep a steady pace up until the last couple of days where it gets a boost. So far that's what this one's going through so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets towards 3.5~4 million by the end. :)

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

Awesome. I wish I could get the $300 version, but I'm not so well off. I'll probably go with the $60 version. Game looks amazing, and I love Iga for taking a stand against crappy modern publishers. Symphony of the Night is one of the best games ever, and I just love the whole Metroidvania style and gothic atmosphere.

Alunissage if you like Metroid a lot, then you are guaranteed to like any 2D Castlevania game from Symphony of the Night on. The gothic style might not be your thing, but it's the gameplay that matters most, right?

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

It passed 5 million and will now get an extra roguelike mode so the castle can be randomly generated. SWEET!