Grandia II on Steam, GoG

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Grandia II on Steam, GoG

Post by Sonic# »

It's out and for the next day or two it's on sale for $15.

I just picked it up but don't have the time to play it quite yet. So far, it sounds better than either my attempts at emulating my copy or playing the Playstation 2 version. Is anyone else picking it up or going to play it?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Nonononoki
Iluk Crackpot

Re: Grandia II on Steam, GoG

Post by Nonononoki »

I saw that few days ago. And nah, I'd rather wait for a new Lunar port for PC

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

That's fair. I already enjoy Grandia, so I wanted to buy it early. Hopefully Grandia 2 will be successful enough to promote further ports.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Ooo that's out? I may have to get that. Love that game.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Well here's a weird case :P
I have a Dreamcast, and Grandia II for it. Never played. Not even once. I just found the game once and got it.
I saw it for PS2 later, got that too. Never played.
Now I got the new PC version by GungHo, even though I hate that Lunar wasn't the one that got made.

The Dreamcast and PS2 versions, I got because I'm curious to see why everyone hates the PS2 version so much. I want to experience it myself and not be told much to see what happens. I played Grandia 1 for about 10 to 15 hours and liked it enough! Though it feels lacking in many basic things that Lunar had done right... *sigh*.
Would still play the Saturn version if I knew Japanese, or if it was ported to PC in english. When I find the time for Grandia, I'll play it all one after the other, or am hoping to.

I just have a love to playing many versions of the same games.

The GungHo PC port though, besides that reason, I wanted to buy it to support them for bringing back an old RPG!
It's the only good way to tell them "We want more RPGs" (hint: WE WANT LUNAR 2, GAWD DAGGONE IT) even if they don't listen.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

jay_are wrote:Well here's a weird case :P
I have a Dreamcast, and Grandia II for it. Never played. Not even once. I just found the game once and got it.
I saw it for PS2 later, got that too. Never played.
Now I got the new PC version by GungHo, even though I hate that Lunar wasn't the one that got made.

The Dreamcast and PS2 versions, I got because I'm curious to see why everyone hates the PS2 version so much. I want to experience it myself and not be told much to see what happens. I played Grandia 1 for about 10 to 15 hours and liked it enough! Though it feels lacking in many basic things that Lunar had done right... *sigh*.
Would still play the Saturn version if I knew Japanese, or if it was ported to PC in english. When I find the time for Grandia, I'll play it all one after the other, or am hoping to.

I just have a love to playing many versions of the same games.

The GungHo PC port though, besides that reason, I wanted to buy it to support them for bringing back an old RPG!
It's the only good way to tell them "We want more RPGs" (hint: WE WANT LUNAR 2, GAWD DAGGONE IT) even if they don't listen.
I didn't play much of the PS2 one. Honestly I had only rented it years ago. I did buy a used copy eventually. Its subtle but it seemed...different. If I remember correctly it looked like angles were different and such. I won't say its bad, I just liked the dreamcast version better.