Undertale

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Jenner
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Undertale

Post by Jenner »

This is a good game. The music is great the humor is fresh and the characters are loveable and alive.

It has a very Earthbound feel to it. You should all play this game.

It has a free demo which you can play here.

But it's only $10 and I think it's worth it so far.

I dated a Skeleton.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Undertale

Post by jay_are »

I've seen a trailer for this game. Yeah the EarthBound inspiration is really there!
I can't play it though, I'd prefer to first play the whole mother series before I play any inspired games :/
Mother 1 has officially been re-released as EarthBound Beginnings, which I have, and Mother 3 only has fan translation.
Will keep a note anyway :) thanks.
WHAT IS GOING ON IN THAT GIF????

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I just came here to post about this great, amazing game and see that I was beat to it. Seriously, you guys need to go play this game. I beat it a few days ago and I can say its the best $10 I've spent in a while. The story is good, the music is good, the humor is great, and the game plays great.

I heat it's inspired by Eathbound, but I've never played Earthbound so I can't really say much about that.

If you aren't sure, at least try the demo. I promise it's worth it. I'm glad I let my nephew convince me to buy the game. He bugged me about it, told me that he knew I'd love it and not to look up anything about the game, just play it blind. I am so glad I listened to him.

Long story short, this game met all my expectations!  Nyeh heh heh! :3

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

What the hell... The characters in this game metagame you.

...the characters in the game metagame you. Like, they know it's a game, how you're playing, and what you're doing. It's really freaky. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Undertale is such an incredible game. In the last month, I've lost track of how many times I've played through the entire story (at least 6). On the surface, it doesn't present itself as a straightforward RPG (right from the tagline "it's a game where nobody has to die"), but the more you play it, the more you understand just how much depth and complexity there is to this game.

This says nothing of all the other elements that make it so amazing. The music, the variability, the use of different game mechanics to tell the story, everything...

Anyway, I'll try to summarize my experience here. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'm going to use language that's generic enough, but would carry more meaning to those who've played the game once or twice already:
  • My first time, I figured I'd spare all the main characters to see the story unfold, and level up on the random encounters. Now I regret that.
  • My second time, I didn't lay a hand on anyone, and why do I still feel remorse over the first time I played through?!
  • My third time, ok, I'll be perfect and pretend like the other times never happened. Yay! Everyone's happy! ...I hope?
  • ...ok let me reload and try that again.
  • My fifth time, I'm now curious... what happens if you spare no one? ...I had a bad time. A very bad time.
  • ...ok let me erase everything and pretend like that never happened.
  • My seventh time, ok, I'll be perfect again and pretend like the other times never happened. Ya--WTF....
  • ...now, I can't bring myself to hurt anyone. ...I'm going to take a break.
So bottom line... you should really get this game. And the soundtrack. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

The game is sooooooooo good! One of the best RPGs I've played in a while. Especially since it's anything but padded; it's straight to the point and I loves it! XD
-Nobi

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Okay, so, I wasn't totally sold on this game until I actually played it for our channel a few days ago. We thought we were going to be in for some kind of silly little indie romp. We got more than we bargained for in a game that's way too fun and has a very interesting method for attack dodging. We're not far in, however. We've only gotten to Papyrus.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ardent Fox wrote:Okay, so, I wasn't totally sold on this game until I actually played it for our channel a few days ago. We thought we were going to be in for some kind of silly little indie romp. We got more than we bargained for in a game that's way too fun and has a very interesting method for attack dodging. We're not far in, however. We've only gotten to Papyrus.
Nyeh heh heh!

It just gets better and better from here on in. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Dangerous_D
Saith Pirate

Post by Dangerous_D »

this is a game I wish they would make an animated movie from