New futon for my nerd cave (retro video game room)

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

New futon for my nerd cave (retro video game room)

Post by AlexHiro4 »

I'm so excited! Two Sundays ago, my fiance and I ordered what appears to be the world's most comfy futon from JC Penny. It has arrived via UPS! Now we just have to assemble it when we get home. The reason we opted for a futon is because we have a 3 bedroom house, and the bedrooms are designated as follows:

1) Master Bedroom
2) Bedroom for our future child
3) Nerd Cave

Due to not having a dedicated guest room, we decided that a futon would allow us to double the nerd cave as a guest bedroom in the very few instances that we have a guest spending the night. Anyway, here's a link to the futon. Let me know what you think!

http://www.jcpenney.com/p/taylor-pillow ... Term=futon

By the way, there are a couple of reasons I posted this in the "General Gaming" thread instead of the "Anything Goes" thread.

1) The futon is for a room dedicated almost exclusively to gaming.
2) I didn't want my new futon to be contaminated by the ridiculous political discussions that run rampant in the "Anything Goes" thread. It would take LOTS of Febreeze to get that stench out. Lol.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Maus
Red Dragon Priest

Re: New futon for my nerd cave (retro video game room)

Post by Maus »

Mmmm...

I get an "Access Denied" error message when clicking on the link.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

That's really odd....

I'll just download a couple of pics from the JC Penny website, and post them on here then:
DP0504201617045847M.jpg
DP0504201617045847M.jpg (13.79 KiB) Viewed 17633 times
Attachments
canvas.png
canvas.png (96.18 KiB) Viewed 17633 times
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

That's similar to what I added to my game room; not a futon per say but a pull out couch. I have a finished basement that serves as a "den" and that's where I put it. We actually lived in a three bedroom house for a while and found that after we had our child having one room designated as the gaming room/office/etc room was taking up a lot of space. We moved and effectively doubled our square footage. I'll need to get some good shots of the setup eventually as it works pretty well. I like having all our games, memorabilia, anime/manga, books, etc, on display.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

That looks like a very comfortable futon indeed. And that's a good approach, having it in the game room to double as a guest room.

Seriously, though, there's ONE thread in the Almost Anything Goes board that's about politics. It's not like that's the only thread there. Please knock off the sneering at its participants. :roll:

Maus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Maus »

That's a neat futon indeed :)