What are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Werefrog
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Werefrog »

Kingdom Hearts II

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:I'm so looking forward to that SMB DS game. I've wanted to play a solid 2D Mario since Super Mario World.

There's a 2D Mario coming out for the DS?

Sweet!

Now I gotta get that and Zelda when they come out.

The DS is proving to be such a worthwhile purchase {^^}. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Now I gotta get that and Zelda when they come out.

Yeah, I heard the new Zelda was going to be an original title with an art style similar to Wind Waker. Nice. I think it would be cool if they made a DS version of Ocarina like they did with Mario 64. Think about it, the second screen has a map/status screen, and when aiming you could use the touch screen. That'd be awesome!

Behold: the new Mario game!

That's the kind of thing I was longing for when I worked on re-designing those levels a few months ago. I'm still working on it, but I'm taking my time now. Up to 4-2.

Apparently Xenosaga's (I and II) making its way to the DS too.
A worthwhile purchase indeed!

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

The New Mario Bros. looks amazing. The DS is definitely breathing some new life into 2d gaming with this and Kirby Canvas Curse. These games show people that 2d games can play and look amazing.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

-G1

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

Kingdom Hearts II, and loving it

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:http://www.gamesarefun.com/gamesdb/game.php?gameid=20846

There's some screenshots Kiz.

::faints::

It looks like they've drawn from all the best Mario games.

All it needs now is a Kuribo's Shoe. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

All the LUNAR finally came in today and I'm still waiting on Disgaea: HOD.

At this point, I'm playing Mega Man 2: The Secret of Dr. Wily (PS1), Arc the Lad, LUNAR: Eternal Blue, and CastleVania Dracula X: Chi No Rondo.
Last edited by Jasonb12 on Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

At this point, I'm playing Mega Man 2: The Puzzle of Dr. Wily (PS1), Arc the Lad, LUNAR: Eternal Blue, and CastleVania Dracula X: Chi No Rondo.

Rondo of Blood!!!!!

You'd think with the success Symphony of the Night had it'd have been ported to another system by now. In the guide to Dawn of Sorrow there's a Konami interview in the back where someone asked why it hasn't been ported. The reasons were/are that they said the original TG-16 graphics were unusable, porting costs a lot, and they haven't gotten around to it yet. But the demand is there.

They also explained that as far as re-releases go, the biggest problem in creating a collection is that they were all made for different systems. A Castlevania NES collection would be the most feasable. It would be really cool, but not enough people got the opportunity to play Rondo (not counting that SNES version) and a remake for a console with updated graphics and features would be awesome! I wonder if it would save money on pre-production to re-make a game for a different system. They'd already have sprite and level designs to go off of, so it's like skipping a step in the development process isn't it? If it did make things simpler, I'm sure it's have happened by now. Ah well.

</interjection>

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

About time someone noticed. In any case, I went to Konami's HQ in June and asked about Chi No Rondo. They told me that it was their intention to come up with a collection. Not only of games that were never released, but of those that were cancelled as well. I think I need to send my regards. It's been a while.

Do you own Chi No Rondo, by chance?

I'm thinking about selling Mega Man: The Wily Wars (JAP) when I get the PAL Version.

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

Kizyr wrote:
GhaleonOne wrote:http://www.gamesarefun.com/gamesdb/game.php?gameid=20846

There's some screenshots Kiz.

::faints::

It looks like they've drawn from all the best Mario games.

All it needs now is a Kuribo's Shoe. KF

And some good 'ol fashioned Tanooki.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Do you own Chi No Rondo, by chance?

...Sort of. I don't have a few hundred dollars laying around to blow on a Turbo Duo and Rondo from E-bay. But there used to be websites with files you download, convert, and use a cue sheet to burn into a working copy via emulator. I may have done that. I'm not sure if any of them are still up, but it can be a very time consuming process.

Currently there are projects to convert Rondo into a version that works with a PCE emulator that runs on a GBA Flash cart. If successful, it'll be a soundless scaled (and distorted) version on GBA.
I think it's better to just wait for Konami's version. They've been meaning to do a Castlevania Collection for a while. The closest is the Castlevania/Contra PC set they put out.
Thanks for asking Konami about Chi no Rondo. Konami is fully aware that Americans felt cheated with Dracula X, but we need to keep it relevant. Bring it to PSP and NDS!

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

I see...I was able to buy Chi No Rondo for $110 on EBay last May. I certainly don't regret that purchase either. :D

Right now, I'm enjoying the Daifugo game in All the LUNAR and the Niedel Tournament in Arc the Lad (369 battles to go!), while listening to my favorite music! Life is good! :P

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Fatal Frame III: The Tormented! ^0^ I LOVE the Fatal Frame games, they scare me silly. xD lol
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Dunkleheit
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dunkleheit »

MegaMan Battle Network 5: Double Team DS

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

What is the Fatal Frames series about? Is it a horror game of sorts?

Or a shooting game?

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Fatal Frame is a horror game dealing with ghosts. You fight the ghosts by taking pictures of them with your camera. It's really unique, because unlike other horror games, you don't have a weapon which makes you feel safe. You have a camera, and instead of attacking from a distance, you have to get up in the ghosts' faces. It's pretty creepy sometimes. xD

There's a lot more information at:

http://www.cameraslens.com

I suggest you check it out, there's a lot more information at that site and they're better at describing the games than I am lol.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

So, you fight evil using unconventional weapons. Reminds me of Silhouette Mirage. In any case, 824 battles down, 176 more to go! Wish me luck! I'm going to finish them all tonight!

8)

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Good luck with Arc! It takes a while! I actually tried playing all three in order without touching Arc II or III until I completed the one before it. The first one's pretty short, and I got about 7 hours into Arc II before I caved and am playing both on and off. Working Designs will be missed...

I was able to buy Chi No Rondo for $110 on EBay last May

Consider yourself VERY lucky! Copies are getting harder to come by all the time. Actually not harder to find, just pricier.

...and Silhouette Mirage was cool. My friends referred to it as "that game that's like Sonic and Megaman together." I never thought of it that way.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

I finished all 1,000 battles this morning!! Just one more task before I wrap Arc 1 up: The assault on the Forbidden Ruins!!

I saw a few comments that remind me of when I first met Vic online. Not to mention they reminded me that I'm not a gamer that likes to stay inside all day. :)