Halloween

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Halloween

Post by AnimeJei »

Halloween stuff! ^^

Image"Sample my goods!!"

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Gives a whole new meaning to the word "rawr" =P

Did you draw the second one though?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

Hai, I drew the second one though they are both a few years old. The first one is done with an oekaki program, second line art then colored using Paintshop. I am hoping to get enough free time to do a new Halloween one..
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

You have no clue whatsoever how painful either of those would be, do you. None.

:roll:

I'll give it half a point for honesty, though. Most males are at least somewhat reluctant to express (in mixed company) an inability to see females as fully, independently human rather than existing solely for their use and benefit, visual and otherwise. You, on the other hand, have drawn them dressed as subhuman pets who have gleefully sacrificed some of their own gratification for yours. Congratulations on your clarity of purpose.

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

You got me, I think all females are slaves and treat them as such. Since you solved that, I no longer must go to therapy. :roll:
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

AnimeJei wrote:You got me, I think all females are slaves and treat them as such. Since you solved that, I no longer must go to therapy. :roll:
ignore her. she could turn ANYTHING into something meant to degrade women. i bet if you held a door for her, she'd call you condescending. i bet her life is a pretty sad story.

aside from that, catgirls are hot!

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

haha, it's okay. I've been drawing since I was a wee lad and have heard all sorts of critiques. I needed a good laugh anyway :lol:
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
AnimeJei wrote:You got me, I think all females are slaves and treat them as such. Since you solved that, I no longer must go to therapy. :roll:
ignore her. she could turn ANYTHING into something meant to degrade women. i bet if you held a door for her, she'd call you condescending. i bet her life is a pretty sad story.

aside from that, catgirls are hot!
Pretty vicious stereotype you have there.

I agree with Alunissage that it looks like it'd be a terribly uncomfortable thing to wear. And it is interesting how, in the drawings like this I've seen, it is less common for males to be drawn in uncomfortable poses.

If you drew this because it just titillated you, then okay. I trust and hope that you would never expect someone to dress like that for you in real life. (Being fan art, I doubt you do, but I have met a number ...)

But what Alunissage might be looking for (and what I hope for) is not something high brow or anything, but just... something that agrees with how we feel people should be shown (not as dolls). It is your choice to take it in or not, but being a public board, you should expect that range of opinion.

That being said, it is as I said... titillating, so good work if that was your intent. But it isn't to my preference.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

So is judging a personality by a few drawings. :lol:

I have a closet full of cosplay outfits that I force others to wear them.. :P

Seriously though, art is art.. there is no one style that will satisfy all. If I could fit my portfolio on here it would show many different styles, even some female friends ask for certain male drawings in thinks that would make a male uncomfortable which you might not understand. Matter of fact, I am in the middle of drawing a male character in a giant panda costume for a female friend right now. Maybe you do or don't know how uncomfy wearing something like that is whether you are female, male, or undetermined..try wearing a heavy Pluto costume at Disney in hot FL weather or maybe you have? Notice I am not rushed to one conclusion because I don't know you and wouldn't judge a person because of several post unlike some judge a person based on two drawings. People draw these styles because some can appreciate the "creativeness" while others may not..but that's how it goes. It would be boring if everyone agreed. Art can be controversial and I draw to get people talking whether it be good or negative talk about my personal character. I'm guessing you're not a big fan of Halloween, please go easy on the females that do choose cat costumes.. :wink: With that being said, I am comfrotable putting my work out there to get different views, I enjoy it..whether it's positive or negative. Thanks for looking :)[/quote]
Last edited by AnimeJei on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image"Sample my goods!!"

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I think the coloring and shading on them are spectacular, seeing how I can't do either with my art. I respect people who can ink/shade/color. xD
Cat girls wearing skimpy outfits is a typical theme in anime, so I don't think there's anything TOO wrong with your drawings. At least the girls aren't massively out of proportion. xD
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

The second one looks realistically porportioned, but the first one doesn't...

Still, I think they are cute. Catgirls really arn't my thing, no matter how skippy they are.

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

LuNaRtIc wrote:I think the coloring and shading on them are spectacular, seeing how I can't do either with my art. I respect people who can ink/shade/color. xD
Cat girls wearing skimpy outfits is a typical theme in anime, so I don't think there's anything TOO wrong with your drawings. At least the girls aren't massively out of proportion. xD
Thanks and yes it's very common in manga.. almost too common. You should see the books stores in Japan..lol.

There was a monthly manga my gf got while I was staying in Japan, I believe it was called "Grimm's Fairytales" something like brothers grimm or whatever. The way females and males are portrayed in those stories was...something and guess what, I think all the mangaka that did those were female. I think that was the name of it though, gomen if I am wrong..
Image"Sample my goods!!"

kyle1992
Red Dragon Priest

Post by kyle1992 »

me and my friends call them furries. We don't know why we just think it sounds funny.
"may you go with god's protection"-Nicholas D.Wolfwood

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

phyco126 wrote:The second one looks realistically porportioned, but the first one doesn't....
Yeah, her regular design she is not that big as seen below with an old oekaki of her. This was just for some silly Halloween thing on an art forum a few years back and my friend wanted me to draw her in a neko outfit. Thanks for looking, Happy Halloween all (though it's a few weeks off still..)

kyle1992 wrote:me and my friends call them furries. We don't know why we just think it sounds funny.
Oh yeah, I've heard that before ^^ Also, Kemonomimi and Kemono (more beast) which is cool..
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

kyle1992 wrote:me and my friends call them furries. We don't know why we just think it sounds funny.
furries are basically people who have sex while wearing body suits (crotchless i guess) of animals. it differs from catgirls because they have a majority of human form.

kyle1992
Red Dragon Priest

Post by kyle1992 »

How do you know about that. What website,or person, told you about it
"may you go with god's protection"-Nicholas D.Wolfwood

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hey, I like that picture youjust posted, that one looks like it was based off a character in a game.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

kyle1992 wrote:How do you know about that. What website,or person, told you about it
being on the internet long enough and having a very morbid sense of humor. there are things even more twisted and hilarious out there.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Very true. I was trying not to judge you, but rather to give allowance to Alunissage's post (which B_G glossed over rudely), my opinion (otherwise why post?), and your drawings (the subject of both). The first was criticizing the depiction of a woman as a toy and attributing it to you, I was seeing that but not attributing such a damning opinion to you outright and instead allowing for the diversity you have expressed here, and your drawings, whose range was not demonstrable at that time. (I do like some of them a whole lot more now that I've seen them, like the Luna one in the other thread.)

If someone chose to wear that for Halloween, that's fine. I'd still be prone to thinking it uncomfortable. ;) I'm not opposed to catgirls, skimpy clothing, or even no clothing, but rather what that might mean for someone seeing that or doing that and saying, "Hey, this is what they're good for" without any other respect garnered. I'd not like to be seen like that. And it's easy to see like that. Which isn't to say that the images should be suppressed, but that we should learn to think about it some, even as we enjoy it.

I try to consciously think in such terms so that I treat people as they should be treated, as I'd want to be treated. I didn't find it in those pictures, and saw most of Alunissage's point as apt. So I said so. :) Thanks for being reasonable about it in turn.

AnimeJei wrote:
So is judging a personality by a few drawings. :lol:

I have a closet full of cosplay outfits that I force others to wear them.. :P

Seriously though, art is art.. there is no one style that will satisfy all. If I could fit my portfolio on here it would show many different styles, even some female friends ask for certain male drawings in thinks that would make a male uncomfortable which you might not understand. Matter of fact, I am in the middle of drawing a male character in a giant panda costume for a female friend right now. Maybe you do or don't know how uncomfy wearing something like that is whether you are female, male, or undetermined..try wearing a heavy Pluto costume at Disney in hot FL weather or maybe you have? Notice I am not rushed to one conclusion because I don't know you and wouldn't judge a person because of several post unlike some judge a person based on two drawings. People draw these styles because some can appreciate the "creativeness" while others may not..but that's how it goes. It would be boring if everyone agreed. Art can be controversial and I draw to get people talking whether it be good or negative talk about my personal character. I'm guessing you're not a big fan of Halloween, please go easy on the females that do choose cat costumes.. :wink: With that being said, I am comfrotable putting my work out there to get different views, I enjoy it..whether it's positive or negative. Thanks for looking :)
[/quote]
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

To clarify, the discomfort I was referring to in the first drawing is from the ginormous breasts. I've known at least one person IRL and others online who have gotten breast reductions because of back pain, and there are other nontrivial concerns, such as any sort of activity (even going down stairs) or even just sleeping on one's belly causing discomfort. I have sympathy for women who are endowed to that point and none at all for people who think they should be. For the second, putatively "more realistic", there would still be implants required to achieve that spherical shape. Breast augmentation nearly always involves loss of sensation (I seem to recall that the nipple is mostly cut off and then reattached, and those nerves don't grow back), so yes, a woman gives up sensitivity for the sake of whoever she's getting the operation for. Hence my comment about sacrificing their gratification for yours. And, of course, she looks like she's long past the shoulder dislocation point.

Are these girls endowed, dressed, and posed that way for their own enjoyment? No, it's for yours. Do you like seeing females in unnatural poses and with unnatural endowments in uncomfortable clothing? Yes, or you wouldn't have drawn them. Would you voluntarily and cheerfully dress the same way yourself for public consumption? Would you voluntarily wear high heels and shave a great deal of skin if you needed to dress up, say for a date? Would you be surprised and/or miffed if a woman did not for the same event? Would you be offended if your girlfriend announced she had no intention of dressing up for you? Would you be offended or annoyed if she asked you to dress in uncomfortable, revealing clothes every time you went out? Do you take a comment on the content of your artwork more seriously from a man than from a woman? Do you expect a woman to stroke your ego or tell it like it is? Do you expect a man to stroke your ego or tell it like it is? I can't answer those for you, but think about the answers and whether they suggest a different standard of expectations for males and females.

And I open doors for people of both sexes at least as often as people of either sex open them for me. As far as I'm concerned, that need have nothing to do with gender. I am, however, completely sick of the idea that because exaggerated fanservice sexbot drawings (we won't start on the photos) are all over the place they're somehow OK and unoffensive. To be honest, I'm really surprised to see a defense of these drawings as "creative" when they look very derivative to me. Huge anime eyes - check. Gravity-free canteloupe breasts - check. Insanely cheerful smile - check. Skimpy outfit - check. What are you bringing to the table that ISN'T derivative here? Although that's more of a fanart anime-style question in general, not regarding these specific drawings.

Incidentally, when I was eight or so I had a pink cat costume that was entirely enveloping, including the head. I wore it to school once or twice, just for fun. A year or two later I played the Cowardly Lion in our school play and had a similar costume of very thick fabric. Both of these were in southern California. So I've done the cat costume and the all-enveloping costume in hot weather, albeit not all day. And you're right, I don't like Halloween, but usually the costumes are not the specific reason.

And not that this relates to the above in any way, but the term "furry" as I understand it (which I don't really wish to do) covers a wide range of, erm, interests. It's yet another thing about the internet that irritates me. Those costumed drawings would probably fall in the fringe of that term.