Good DS games?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Good DS games?

Post by LuNaRtIc »

My younger brother just handed me his DS Lite the other day, still in the box with instruction manuals and all. It's in perfect condition, I was really excited, it was like being handed a brand new DS Lite. Why did he decide to give it away to me for free?
"I want the silver one instead." :shock:

Well, anyway, he gave me the DS but kept his games until he gets his silver version. I don't know what games to buy, I've never kept up with DS news. I always found the dual split screen somewhat annoying, so I stayed away from buying one. Of course I wanted one for the sake of buying Lunar DS. I know Lunar DS isn't the BEST of the Lunar games, but I want it for the sake of being a lunar fan and having it.

Other than that, I don't know what games to get. :?
Can anyone recommend me some DS games? I really enjoy RPGs. And I was thinking of getting a version of Nintendogs. xD
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Good DS games?

Post by Kizyr »

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
(Phoenix Wright) Ace Attorney: Justice for All
(Phoenix Wright) Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
(Phoenix Wright) Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice

Mariokart is also fun. I also like Mario64 and the New Super Mario Bros. for the DS. I play a lot of Daigassou Band Brothers, but that's tough to find. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time

Meteos

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Final Fantasy 4

Tetris DS

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Nanostray

Trauma Center: Under The Knife

Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble

Mario Kart DS

New Super Mario Bros.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

Geometry Wars: Galaxies

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

A lot of the games I play on my DS are GBA games. And there are a lot that I want to get. Sadly, I seldom think to sit down with my DS, so my collection isn't large.

I have really enjoyed Rune Factory. If you've played Harvest Moon and like the genre (and some action/RPG elements), I definitely recommend it.

Sonic Rush was fun to play. 2D Sonic is where it's at, and while they aren't quite as good as the Genesis ones, they satisfy my fix.

All the Phoenix Wright games I'd recommend if you're remotely interested in... well, read some reviews, because its appeal goes beyond adventure games.

And I haven't actually bought any of the ones I'm about to mention, but I've been pleased by what I've seen of/read about/heard about a lot of the RPGs (and ports) for the system. Dragon Quest IV came out recently, and that has been a sore temptation. There's also been Rhapsody, which I've never played but have been tempted to. There are a couple of Final Fantasy ports (3 and 4) and a few other Squaresoft RPGs, and I know people that have been pleased by most of them.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Chrono Trigger comes out next month. If you haven't played it, it's a must have. It's second only to Lunar in my book. Even if you have played it, from the stuff they've been releasing about it in the past few weeks, there looks to be enough new stuff to warrant a purchase.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Rhapsody: A musical Adventure (Pre-order I think, was a month ago)
Advanced Wars
Pokemon Pearl/Diamond (... what?)

Then there are the ones that I haven't played, but match your request...

FF games that have been ported to the GBA and DS
Chrono Trigger (pre-order)
Final Fantasy Tactics A2

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

The World Ends with You is a great action-RPG made by the Kingdom Hearts team. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Incidentally, there's a new Castlevania in stores as of yesterday.

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

GhaleonOne wrote:Chrono Trigger comes out next month. If you haven't played it, it's a must have. It's second only to Lunar in my book. Even if you have played it, from the stuff they've been releasing about it in the past few weeks, there looks to be enough new stuff to warrant a purchase.
I traded an old iBook I had for my friends' DS (he was using it only as an alarm clock >.<) and then pre-ordered CT back in August from Gamestop. I can't wait, loved that game.

As far as on-topic conversation "The World Ends with You" and "Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass" are my favorites. Though mom thought I was crazy screaming "I want the salvage arm!!!" at my DS playing Zelda....some game features are not meant to be used around other people.

I never thought I'd say this but...my PSP is collecting dust. Of course I can always play Lunar 2: EBC on the go thanks to my flashed firmware and the magic of emulation with it.
I - am that is

Old Jericho
Reza Thief

Post by Old Jericho »

One game that I doubt anyone will mention is Etrian Odyssey. It's an RPG in the truest sense of the term. I mean, you even have to make a map of the dungeon with the touch screen. It's intense.
This is my signature. It is a work of art.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

One game that I doubt anyone will mention is Etrian Odyssey.
That's one of my favorite ds titles, and the sequel's pretty good too.

Izuna:Legend of the Unemployed Ninja (and it's sequel) are great ds games. It's an rpg that's almost like zelda if the monsters moved like they do in lufia. So when you take a step they take a step. It's also got great humor.

Old Jericho
Reza Thief

Post by Old Jericho »

localflick wrote:
One game that I doubt anyone will mention is Etrian Odyssey.
That's one of my favorite ds titles, and the sequel's pretty good too.

Izuna:Legend of the Unemployed Ninja (and it's sequel) are great ds games. It's an rpg that's almost like zelda if the monsters moved like they do in lufia. So when you take a step they take a step. It's also got great humor.
Speak of the devil, I was going to mention Izuna as well, but...I didn't.
This is my signature. It is a work of art.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Speak of the devil, I was going to mention Izuna as well, but...I didn't.
:D Atlus rocks.

They just released Disgaea for DS too... that makes me all warm inside.