Are you excited about Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star?

For any and all webpolls.

Yes: I'm thrilled that Lunar is getting another game!
71%
Kind of: I'll get it, but did they have to make another remake?
24%
No: I'm tired of remakes!
4%
What's Lunar?
2%

Total votes: 51

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm going to allow re-voting on this one, as until we know more specifics about the remake it may be hard to decide for some folks.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Are you excited about Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star?

Post by Kizyr »

LUUUUNAAAAA!!!!

I suspect that many people will be ambivalent about this. I'm thrilled regardless, but then again I'm sort of a diehard fan. Let's see how everyone else feels. (My money is on "Kind of".) KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Obvious where my vote went. I really felt like Dragon Song was our nail in the coffin, and this may be the best thing they could have done really. I'm not as excited about it being on the PSP. I'm happy in a way, as I think it allows more than the DS would have been capable of, but I worry about sales. Still, it gives me a great deal of hope that a remake of EB is next. EB was only remade once. It needs more love, as it's my favorite in the series. After that? Lunar 3.
-G1

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

Seems like we are all thrilled for this one ^^
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Lunar represents a lot of my nostalgia for things I loved when I was a teenager, so a new full-blown remake pretty much pushes all the right buttons for me. I mean, sure, I've played this game before and I know how it's going to end, but I reread some of my favorite novels over and over again to the point where they end up in tatters, so what's wrong with enjoying this story again? (I can't even count how many times I've had to replace Animal Farm.)

The only thing that stinks about this is that I'll need to get a PSP to play this, and I just bought a DSi. But whatever, it's Lunar, so my wallet will have to just deal with it.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I'm definitely excited! I didn't think anything else would be done with Lunar after the wreck that was Dragon Song. I would have much rather seen a remake of Lunar 2 though, but regardless, if this sells well maybe we'll eventually get a Lunar 2 remake. Maybe even eventually Lunar 3.

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

I have never been this excited. Ever. I'm in shock right now. After this, EB remake hopefully! Then, Lunar 3 on PS3 please!

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Before L:DS, I would've written it off as another remake to be added on to the long list of remakes that have come before. Now, I'm just happy that it gets another chance. It's a better chance too, since it's more difficult to mess up something that already was successful.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I'm super excited that Lunar is not completely dead yet! Also that this is a remake and not a simple PSX port.
-Nobi

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

wow this is the first time hearing about harmony of silver. im pretty excited even though i probably won't get a chance to play it, i think its a good move for the series. you cant make a lunar 3 if nobodies played the first 2.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I'm very excited. While a straight port to the PSP is still in my fantasies, a remake is actually more exciting. For nearly 10 years I have been wanting Lunar on a portable Play-station. I even joined the Playstation forums to ask about the possibility of a portable playstation, but was told by so called "professionals" that we would never have the technology to do something like that. LOOK WHOS LAUGHING NOW?! *ahem* In any event, this is cool. Nearly ten years have passed, and my dream is now almost realized...

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I'm crazy excited!!
Any Lunar game release is a good one; as it shows the series is still alive. xD
I keep hoping that with each new game/remake there will be more and more fans and if this one ends up being a hit, maybe there will be an EB remake, and if THAT'S a hit... maybe we'll eventually get a Lunar 3?? xD
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

In the darkness hope springs eternal :) It may be sappy, but with as much love for this game as there is, I really feel like there's much more to come. Maybe it's easy to say that now with the new remake, but I don't think deep down I'll ever be able to give up on the hope of another Lunar console game. Whether it's a Lunar 3 or a prequel. Maybe they'll surprise us with a translated/remake of Lunar Magic School! I would love that! I have the game but can't play it :(

Needless to say I voted for being completely ecstatic about the newest addition! :D

CCG
Lann Fisherman

Post by CCG »

I'm thrilled! XD I can't express my love for the series enough, even if it's yet another Silver Star remake, it's better than nothing at all. =) I, too, hope with this game's success that we'll see a new Eternal Blue remake as well...and finally a Lunar 3. ^^ Or as PrettyGirlJean said, maybe even a translated/remake of Magic School! How about a Four Heroes story? Not sure what awaits Lunar's future, but doesn't hurt to be hopeful!

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I absolutely LOVE Silver Star Complete :!: :!: I am glad that they chose to remake the first game of the series. It allows new people to get into the series from the beginning, just like I did. If I had played EBC before SSSC, much of the love for both games would have been lost. I view this not as a "remake", but as a "rebirth". Now that the hard part is over (the wait) I just have to buy a PSP......damn.....the proverbial hole in the plan...
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Snipes101
Nanza Bandit

Post by Snipes101 »

I'm really happy about this new game coming in, just like NextGenerationLunarFan, "I see it as a rebirth" I couldn't have said it better. I really LOVE LunarSSC and just started to play Eternal Blue Complete on the PSP and falling in love with that one :). So yeah, I'm glad HarmonySS is coming out for PSP because I can't wait to play it :D

hamguy
Saith Pirate

Post by hamguy »

i dont have a psp but i'll buy a psp just for this game :o
i wish they would make one for the ps3 it would be super awesome!!! :D
this is really great cous they made this remake and if alot of people buy it and sales pick up then they'll for sure notice how great the game was and they'll make a !!!New One!!! Possibly Lunar 3!!

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

I voted "Kind of" ...

I am cautiously optimistic. Obviously I would prefer Lunar 3 to yet another remake, but that really isn't the biggest problem I have with this. It is really just a bunch of little things that add up to me not being quite as excited as I would like to be. I do not own a PSP nor did I ever want to, Working Designs/Gaijinworks is not involved despite wanting to be, they likely won't be using the same voiceactors that I've associated with these characters for a very long time, etc. Plus I'm more of an EB fan than SSSC so that is just another minor hit against my excitement.

I don't even know if I'll be able to get a PSP - economy in the shape that it is in right now - so I might have to miss out on it regardless. I'm excited that Lunar isn't dead and I'm hopeful that a console Lunar 3 would still be in the future, but I'm not extremely excited for the game itself I guess.

:P
- Mike

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

Honestly, I am just sick of waiting for a Lunar 3. I'm sorry, but enough is enough with remakes. There doesn't need to be a creation of a new fan base to make Lunar 3 profitable. We are all still here, patiently waiting. Many of us have been waiting well over a decade. I for one have been coming to this site since near it's inception. I only became a member about a year ago, and this is the first time I have posted. I felt compelled to speak up here.

Ultimately, I voted for "kind of excited", because any Lunar game is welcome. It's just time for the new story that I have been waiting for.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I voted yes, but I'm honestly surprised more people didn't say "Kind of". I thought that was the default reaction. Maybe after the excitement of having a new game (any new game) wears off, more folks will drift towards that sentiment? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)