"Unofficial" Harmony of Silver Star Box Art

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

"Unofficial" Harmony of Silver Star Box Art

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hi all,

I do periodically Lunar searches online and I thought this would be fun to share:

http://www.vgboxart.com/view/29930/luna ... ?replies=4

If I find anything else I'll be sure to post :)

Does anyone know if any japanese commercials for the games have aired yet? I was hoping to catch an early glimpse of the game. Doesn't seem like long before we'll have it in our hands, but still... :)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Re: "Unofficial" Harmony of Silver Star Box Art

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

That's the European box it would look like. And while it's not "ugly", it strikes me as very "placeholder"

Though it doesn't change that things like this make me more and more excited about it's imminent release by the minute! ^_^
-Nobi

Snipes101
Nanza Bandit

Post by Snipes101 »

Yeah that was a really cool fan box cover art... Thanks for sharing that site, gonna check out its great art :D

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:That's the European box it would look like. And while it's not "ugly", it strikes me as very "placeholder"
...it's not any real box art. It's just someone's concept of what the box art could look like. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I still like it.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Meh...I dont like it. It does indeed look to much like "placeholder" art. I'm pretty sure (at least I HOPE so!) the finished box art will look very nice. It'll be interesting to see what changes between the Japanese and US box art though....
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I just think it looks sort of generic. That box art doesn't do anything to convey what makes Lunar distinctive. No mention of anime sequences, no telling that this is a remake of a successful classic JRPG. As it is, this looks like a bargain basement Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy clone. If I saw this in a game store and hadn't ever heard of the Lunar series before, it wouldn't pique my interest enough to warrant buying it.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

ilovemyguitar wrote:I just think it looks sort of generic. That box art doesn't do anything to convey what makes Lunar distinctive. No mention of anime sequences, no telling that this is a remake of a successful classic JRPG. As it is, this looks like a bargain basement Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy clone. If I saw this in a game store and hadn't ever heard of the Lunar series before, it wouldn't pique my interest enough to warrant buying it.
Well, it'd catch my eye. Not enough to buy it then and there, but enough for me to look it up next chance I got, ask about it, and so on.

I think it's made pretty well, and that it looks rather distinct from either Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy, though it's clearly in the same genre. Could someone professionally do better? Yeah. But it isn't bad.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Eh, I'd buy that if I saw it and had the cash for it. Its not too bad, considering some of the boxart I've seen in my lifetime.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

swordandshield
Lyton Singer

Post by swordandshield »

That isn't half bad, it's not professional and pretty one dimensional but it's not bad, my biggest pet peeve about this is that it looks like it doesn't have much dedication spent towards it like they don't care how it looks and it shows lack of respect towards their fans. But if you want some bad box art then take a look at the SNES box art for Breath of Fire II, makes me cringe everytime I lay my eyes upon it. This has nothing on it. Very great game though.