PSP's MediaGo for your computer. Download the Lunar:SSH demo

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

PSP's MediaGo for your computer. Download the Lunar:SSH demo

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I'm not sure if this will bypass the need to update Firmware on your PSP if you have Custom Firmware, but I'm sure it will be helpful in some manner.

This way you can just download anything straight from the PlayStation store (PSN) on your PC onto the PSP.

http://www.us.playstation.com/psn/media ... _mediago_H

Siazair
Student of Vane

Re: PSP's MediaGo for your computer. Download the Lunar:SSH demo

Post by Siazair »

It doesn't...at least, not yet...I've got 5.50 GEND3 and the demo just will not run ><

Edit: That and I can't figure out how to actually get it to just download to the computer first...

EDIT AGAIN: Fixed! If its allowed, I'll help someone figure out how to get the demo working on CFW

dairugger
Lyton Singer

Post by dairugger »

im running cfw 5.00 m33-6. any way to play the demo on this?

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

Good Question! I had the M33-4 beforehand. But, I upgraded to the 5.50 GenD3 yesterday in an attempt to get it to work. I won't be supplying THAT information (like on how to get it) but how it finally worked on me, was using the recovery menu (Hit R when booting the PSP from a shutdown state) Then going to Advanced then to Advanced Config, then to GAME plugins. You disable them, and I got it to work. It may not be the same, but, if you have the option, try it. But again, differant firmware. Observe and do your research as well.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Thanks for the link, Silver Phoenix.

Unfortunately, I still have to wait until I can get somewhere with fast internet since Media Go is 80MBish. The demo is probably at least 100MB.

I have Gen 5.50 D2 because D3 corrupted my save files, but I'll be going back to D3 to play the demo. Hopefully it works for me. If not, I'll just go to official firmware for the demo.

dairugger
Lyton Singer

Post by dairugger »

theres a version of this that works on all custom firmwares. if its okay ill post a link to it.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

That would be highly appreciated if you can! It would save me lots of trouble, actually.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Okay guys, help me figure out how to download this demo. X_x
I'm a total dunce when it comes to the PSP. I'm planning on borrowing my sister's PSP to play SSH. So I've never accessed the Playstation store/downloaded anything onto a PSP. I looked up the SSH demo in the Playstation store, but didn't see any button or option to download it. So I downloaded this "Media Go" you're all talking about. I have it all installed, and its layout looks similar to iTunes, so I figured there would be a store to browse for the demo. However, I didn't find anything... am I completely stupid? What am I missing? Help me out here. xD
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm not sure if the store layout is different for different models of a PSP, but assuming it's the same as mine this should get you hooked up:

Select New Releases
Go over to Lunar and select it
At this point, you should already be hovering over "Download" (right below the graphic for the game) and you can press X. That should be all you need to do (it'll take a bit depending on your connection speed and it'll need to install)

Hopefully that helps. I'm gonna start playing my download here in a few.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

The Lunar SSH demo is 253 MBs I think, but it's definitely over 200.

As for downloading the demo, there should be a way to access the PlayStation Store through it. Aside from that, on the actual store you have to make sure to select the demo by pressing X on the icon as G1 mentioned. You should see a download button on the left side of the screen I think.

Make sure you have a memory stick in your PSP to download the data, and it will automatically install after downloading. Then you just go into the memory stick icon, and select the game to play from there.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Okay, I'm having a hard time accessing the net on my PSP. I can download the demo via MediaGo on my PC and then put it on my memory stick, right? I hope I'm making enough sense and giving you enough info. I'm not sure what I'm doing here. I'm lost and feeling completely stupid right now lol. :cry:

Edit:
Holy monkeys! That was like pulling teeth! I've never felt so technologically challenged in all my life. @_@ Sorry guys, I got it figured out. Thanks for your help and patience! <3

EDIT edit:
Okay, lies. So I have everything set up. My PSP is connected, I made an account in the Playstation store. I try to download the SSH demo with MediaGo, but when I hit the download button.... I get a window that says "An error occurred during the download operation." I'm getting so frustrated. Just gimme my Lunar already!! :evil:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I was having the same problem when I went to update my driver's license a few days ago. I couldn't print out the current paperwork because the site had an error.

All I can say is try reloading your computer, or it's a MediaGo specific problem that the technicians need to be advised of. Do you have a wireless set up at home that you can just connect to the internet through your PSP? You have to make sure that you have the WLAN switch on the top of the PSP turned on to access a signal. Then select scan or choose the hotspot and it should locate a signal.

You set up a PSN user account, so you should be able to download it either way.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

We've been having trouble with our wireless the past few days. I can't get internet access on my PSP. A little red bag icon is showing up next to the SSH demo graphic. I assume that means I already downloaded it from the Playstation store. However, the file isn't showing up on my downloads or recent media list in the MediaGo library. :cry: *Sigh* Maybe I'll just go to a place with free wifi tomorrow and see if I can download it then?
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

dairugger
Lyton Singer

Post by dairugger »

heres a megaupload link for the usa demo that works on all custom firmware

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QYITGX1H

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

*bookmarks*

Thank you!! Now I have to get to high speed internet in the next couple of days so I can play this (and pray Megaupload still has it), or ask my friend to download it and then give it to me when I see her on Monday. XD

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Do you have your PSP connected to your computer using a USB cord? It's the same kind used with the PS3 that plugs into the controller to charge it. You don't need to have a wireless connection to do it that way.

Also, check your Memory Stick under Game on your PSP to see if you have the file on there.

You could always go to a Burger King or McDonald's with a wireless hotspot, and just connect using your PSP. Like I said, make sure you have the WLAN switch ON if you're trying to get a wireless signal on your PSP.

As for the red bag icon, that will always show up if you went to the download screen and clicked on it even if you didn't complete a download.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I swear I'm doing everything right. The PSP is connected through USB chord. I even tried plugging the memory stick into my PC, that didn't work either. The problem has to be with MediaGo or something. Everytime I try downloading the demo I get the same message "An error occurred during the download operation." I even tried making new account and downloading it on that one. Got the same message.

So today I went to a local coffee shop that has free wifi. Got online, went to the Playstation store and loaded the North American page. All I got was this page that said "visit the Playstation store now!" and told me all the features of the Playstation store. There weren't any links for me to click on or anything. Maybe I need a system upgrade or something? I'm really frustrated and getting bummed out. I want this freakin' demo already. :cry:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

TerraBemani
Student of Vane

Post by TerraBemani »

Yeah and I can't believe your forced to have wifi just to get a demo. Can anyone megaupload the offical demo and not the cso file please?

Snipes101
Nanza Bandit

Post by Snipes101 »

@LuNaRtIc thats probably it, you need to upgrade to 6.20 Official. I did and downloaded the demo flawlessly.
TerraBemani wrote:Yeah and I can't believe your forced to have wifi just to get a demo. Can anyone megaupload the offical demo and not the cso file please?
It won't work like that, the demo comes with a license to that PSN account and PSP system so only the original download'er can play it :(

SO... yeah you would need the ISO or CSO version if your on CFW (ex.5.0m33-6) or just download the original demo via Media Go! using your PC and PSN account OR PS3 :)

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Snipes101 wrote:@LuNaRtIc thats probably it, you need to upgrade to 6.20 Official. I did and downloaded the demo flawlessly.
I upgraded my software to 6.20, still didn't work on MediaGo. Made another quick run to the coffee shop to try and download it via wifi. STILL didn't work... The Playstation store came up just fine and everything, but I still got that damn window after hitting the download button. "An error occurred during the download operation."

Raaaaaaaaaage. :evil:
I just want my Lunar demo! :cry:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」