jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Royce, Phacia and Laike voices!!

Post by jos24 »

Althena Bless u

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Re: Royce, Phacia and Laike voices!!

Post by Silver Phoenix »

You're a bit behind jos, as this was already mentioned in another thread. Nonetheless this works for anyone who hasn't heard them.

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

I hadn't listened to them yet just from the stand point that I was worried that they'd be longer clips (than just short samples) and I didn't want anything spoiled (even though I've played SSSC and even Legend).

In case anyone else was in the same boat as me they're just little snippets like on the SSH website.
† Final Night †

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

If you've played SSSC then how can anything be spoiled aside from the prologue? The game is pretty much entirely the same.

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

I think these voices sound quite fitting. I would say that Phacia's voice is better than it was in SSSC.

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

I don't remember their voices much, but I like Laike's and Phacia's voice. Royce is so-so, it doesn't fit her that much.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

Yeah, if I had to pick the worst of these three voices it would be Royce. But overall, I don't think her voice is that bad. If history repeats itself she will have one of the most insignificant roles in the game anyway.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Royce reminds me of the Good Witch from the wizard of oz.

Also she sounds like one of the women in The Simpsons & Futurama. LOL.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

People just aren't used to her "not" sounding blatantly evil and deceptive, like one other character.... I think XSEED is trying to keep certain dialogue from giving too much away about the characters at first.

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

Silver Phoenix wrote:If you've played SSSC then how can anything be spoiled aside from the prologue? The game is pretty much entirely the same.
It's been at least five years since I played it. None of the plot would be spoiled, but aside from checking out some screens and the voice clips I don't want to spoil the experience by seeing too much of it put together (if that makes sense).

I want to be reminded of how awesome it really is as opposed to "eh I saw that in the internet a month ago."
† Final Night †

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Yeah, I certainly don't blame you for that. Lunar is like crack for some of us, so anything new and we're chomping at the bit. It's the same reason I only played SSSC once since buying it. I like to almost wipe my memory of content in the chance that I feel like replaying it, but of course certain things always remain. It's just dialogue from NPCs and whatnot, or scenario specifics that I wash away.

With Final Fantasy XIII I would sit for hours watching live streams, and when you're the one not playing it can get pretty boring and mundane. I just wanted to see as much as I could. Unfortunately I know too much about the game now to not experience it completely fresh.

It's hard for us Lunar fans especially, because the releases are so far apart that we want everything revealed now. The internet wasn't how it is now, so all we had were gaming magazines in the past to tease us before release.

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

Silver Phoenix wrote:People just aren't used to her "not" sounding blatantly evil and deceptive, like one other character.... I think XSEED is trying to keep certain dialogue from giving too much away about the characters at first.
Good point. I didn't think about that. So maybe people who are new to the series won't know she is evil the first moment that she opens her mouth.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Exactly my point. Also, the misplayed ocarina by Alex at Burg Springs was intentional to relate better with the text Luna says afterwards. This was confirmed by Jess at XSEED.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

While I have no problem with the characterization being redone, which after all will make her less of a clone of her oldest sister, I have a hard time visualizing the introduction scene with that voice. I'll just wait and see.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I think if anything, the new vocals will make her more mysterious and less of an outright bi+ch who you know is not good from the start. It also depends on how they characterize her dialogue in the text after the introduction, because in the WD script she was nasty from the start.

I think they're doing a better job of not making things so obvious to the player. I also think we should have a voice clip face-off once the game releases, because a lot of these new voices sound a lot better to me. I just watched a Ramus SSSC clip and his voice was just awful compared to his current VA. It could also be the fact that WD used a girl for him, and XSEED used a boy.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Laike sounds about the same, Royce I could adjust to, but Phacia... doesn't sound old enough. I like her original voice better.

I listened to the other cast voices and they were all something I could adjust to (like Star Ocean Second Evolution as opposed to Second Story... I actually liked the horrible original translation and dub better, especially since they took out the love voice clips which is the main reason my friends and I played it for hours on end)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Love voice clips?

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

In Star Ocean the second story. When the romantic values were high, theyd call one another's name when they died. It helps with affection level endings and is kinda cool to collect since there is a pretty image unlocked when you get all voices (which could only be achieved with a gameshark.)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Odd that only a GameShark would get you all of the voices. What kind of crappy programming is that?

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Ha, Im not sure if it was a bug in the Japanese, but based on the spaces availible I'd say it was there. The thing is, there are some characters that can't be recruited together and one set of them has clips for one another. I also think some boss clips are unobtainable.

Another funny thing about the US release is Rena has a Japanese voice clip left in. It is pronounced the same (Tractor Beam) but Japanese. XD Like I said earlier, the original was known for quite literal translation, so you get some odd jokes and stuff, too. Kinda took the charm out of the PSP port, although both are good. I expect my impressions of Harmony of the Silver Star will be the same. I'm thrilled (I believe it's Spike Spencer) is Nall. However (again, I believe Michelle Ruff) as Jessica... not so thrilled. She's a wonderful VA, but all I can associate her with is Yukari from Persona 3, whom most hate.