Lunar no.1 in PSP Games in amazon.com!!!

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
sux2bme
Nanza Bandit
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar no.1 in PSP Games in amazon.com!!!

Post by sux2bme »

http://www.amazon.com/Lunar-Silver-Harm ... 851&sr=8-1

don't know how long it'll last, probably a few hours...lol but yeah atleast we know its outsold other psp games...... but we dunno how it's selling really... hopefully its enough for a lunar 2 remake or more importantly lunar 3...

here's an image if ever the rankings changed...

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Lunar no.1 in PSP Games in amazon.com!!!

Post by fates »

For what it's worth, the regular version is pretty high too. 4th place as of this post.

I wouldn't be surprised if it sells more here than in Japan.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I've always thought SSH would sell well on the PSP, as far as "high selling on the PSP" goes, because, In my opinion, there are very few quality games on the PSP, yet the system sells fairly well. Then again, the lack of information on IGN and other game sites are really not helping generate hype for SSH...it's quite depressing, actually...
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

I agree, the lack of marketing for this title confuses me. It's like they don't even want to make sales.

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

In XSEED's case, it may just be that they can't afford a huge marketing campaign. I imagine a big amount of this game's money went to dubbing it.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Since Amazon has now put out an email advertisement for L:SSH on February 23rd it seems to be the sticking date.

Also, I find this funny:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

We've noticed that customers who have purchased or rated Lunar: Silver Star Harmony Limited Edition have also purchased Lunar: Silver Star Harmony. For this reason, you might like to know that Lunar: Silver Star Harmony will be released on February 23, 2010. You can pre-order yours by following the link below.

Here is the synopsis of the story from the email advert:

While seemingly placid on the surface, the world of Lunar is slowly descending into chaos, as the Goddess Althena, the creator and guardian of the world, has disappeared and the valiant efforts of the legendary Dragonmaster Dyne and his faithful companions fade into obscurity. With Althena gone and no one able or willing to become the next Dragonmaster, a shadowy figure, known only as the Magic Emperor, has started plotting to usurp Althena’s place and become a god. In a remote village far removed from the decay that is slowly spreading throughout the world lives a young man named Alex, who dreams of one day becoming the next Dragonmaster like his hero Dyne. One day, Alex’s friend Ramus convinces him to head towards the cave ... Read more

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

SSH doesn't really need a huge marketing campaign, though, of course that would help. I'm just saying that had more information been released LIKE MOST GAMES there would be more hype about it. Without a trailer and only a few photos, X-Seed makes it impossible for most people to get interested in SSH. For instance, I frequently browse "upcoming games" on IGN. I watch video previews and read the editorials and look at the pictures and all those things together excite me about the game...like Heavy Rain. Heavy Rain is one of the most anticipated upcoming games in the industry right now, but if all we had to go on was: "Heavy Rain is an evolving thriller in which you shape the story," who would care, in comparison? BTW, HR also has a release date for Feb. 23.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

XSEED would have been smart to at least provide a video trailer, or a gameplay video on Amazon to show the game off.

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

I FINALLY preordered the game this morning. I must confess that this is my first time preordering a game online. I just did the standard shipping, should I still get it by release day?

... and as far as standing for sales, the game is still a respectable 4th for PSP titles.
† Final Night †

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

Dunno about release day, but you should get it the next day or so.

Depends on where you live too. I live relatively close to one of their shipping facilities they have in Delaware, so even with free shipping I sometimes only have to wait a day or two.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

I doubt you'd get it by release day with standard shipping. I went with 1 day shipping on mine so I can get it ASAP, but I wish they would throw a release day delivery option in there.

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

Well, I just changed my shipping to two day. I'd rather not wait extra long for it.
† Final Night †

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Silver Phoenix wrote:XSEED would have been smart to at least provide a video trailer, or a gameplay video on Amazon to show the game off.

Hopefully they will get around to that when they upload the trailer to lunarsilverstarharmony.com.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well that would be a given. Once the trailer is up it will show up on multiple places. (i.e. YouTube, Game Trailers, Amazon, etc.)

As for shipping, I just went with Free Super Saver shipping since it's free on orders $25 and over on Amazon.

I think some of you who have completed the Japanese version might want to throw up some reviews on Amazon, as that sometimes helps people make a purchase. I know the game is going to be great regardless of people's misgivings about it being in new hands.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Well that would be a given. Once the trailer is up it will show up on multiple places. (i.e. YouTube, Game Trailers, Amazon, etc.)

As for shipping, I just went with Free Super Saver shipping since it's free on orders $25 and over on Amazon.
:::slaps forehead::: good point, that never crossed my mind.

As for me I am sticking w/ Gamestop for this one. If it turns out to be a horrible experience I will tell you all you were right and boycott GS for the rest of my life.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I think you'll be fine with Gamestop. Hopefully everything isn't separated loosely instead of being packaged together.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I think so, but I will always take the L-threads members disdain for gamestop into account w/ future purchases.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

It's really hit or miss, and it depends on the employees at whatever Gamestop you go to.

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

Silver Phoenix wrote:As for shipping, I just went with Free Super Saver shipping since it's free on orders $25 and over on Amazon.

I think some of you who have completed the Japanese version might want to throw up some reviews on Amazon, as that sometimes helps people make a purchase. I know the game is going to be great regardless of people's misgivings about it being in new hands.
When are you thinking you'll get the game compared to release date? It's been my experience that Amazon usually does better than their estimated delivery dates anyway.

I agree about the reviews. There's also a couple of topics on the "forum" thing there for the game with people asking decent questions that we are capable of answering. I took a stab at answering both of them.
† Final Night †

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Silver Phoenix wrote:It's really hit or miss, and it depends on the employees at whatever Gamestop you go to.
This.

I've had nothing but good experiences at my local Gamestop. I always order from them. They must be doing something right because we're a barrier island full of tourists and theyre still pulling #19 overall in US or something like that. They even hold promotional goods for me now.

I always worry about stuff with preorder bonuses online; you're never sure you are getting it that way. I did it once and I regret it. If I show up within 2-3 days of release at mine, my stuff is always there.