Anyone here have a tattoo?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Anyone here have a tattoo?

Post by ShindoW »

So I've been contemplating getting my first tattoo for a few months now. I'm still on the fence even though I know I'd love it, just can't pick a good time to get it. ;p

I know never to get someone's name, to do some research beforehand, and to make the tattoo meaningful (which is difficult for me since mine is meaningful but such a common symbol).

I was hoping any of you Lunar fans out there would post your experiences or pics or just discuss them in general. :D

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Anyone here have a tattoo?

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

ShindoW wrote:I know never to get someone's name, to do some research beforehand, and to make the tattoo meaningful (which is difficult for me since mine is meaningful but such a common symbol).
Well, aren't you going to tell us what you're considering?

If I ever got one...it would probably be the SEGA logo. Or an airship. Or Kirby. But I don't plan on getting one.

A friend of mine in the math department has a pretty awesome and clever tattoo. It's just three tick marks across his wrist that measure out the golden ratio.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

http://www.phyco126.com/images/100_0043.JPG

Thats what I have. There are supposed to be several more, but it is expensive.

Make sure you go to a very reputable and respectable establishment that also conforms to the highest levels of safety (they wear gloves, fresh new needles, medical grade bandages, etc).

Also make sure you can live with it for the rest of your life. I know I can live with mine, I love it.

I wouldn't recommend getting anything on your upper neck, lower arms, face, etc. Tattoos are severly frowned upon in the work place and many times you will be forced to cover them up, or outright be terminated/not hired.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

I've thought about getting a Nall tattoo or one of the many awesome symbols from the Legacy of Kain series but, for some odd reason, I never did.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

whitedragon_nall wrote:I've thought about getting a Nall tattoo
Shoot... you're giving me ideas. *_* <3
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Red vs. Blue provides some pretty good tattoo advice, I think.

BTW, lookin' good Phyco. :mrgreen: As someone who gets a kick out of bad Asian tattoos, you aren't giving me any good material.

I'm kind of amazed by how many people have gotten LoK tattoos... I guess I shouldn't be, though, because LoK is awesome and full of ideal tattoo designs. Lunar has a few emblems like that; the design of Lucia's pendant probably foremost among them. Kyle's tattoo would make a good tattoo. :P
「まあいいけど。」

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

I have a single tattoo right now, but have been saving and planning for a half sleeve too. I'm a huge fan of body art, so I think it's a very good investment. Just my preference though I suppose. ;)

Heres what I have now.

"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

I has tattoos! I've been known to get a few in my day.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... mId=509160

Those are a few of the ones I have. Eventually I want to have sleeves on both my arms, and finish my left thigh, get my right thigh done, and my left foot, my center back piece isn't finished either and I need to just get more in general.

Just remember...
Reputable Artist.
Somethin' important to You, not others.
Make sure to look at the artist's previous works.
Have fun with it!
ImageImageImage

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

Ive posted the turtles before but I have a Ninja turtle half sleeve, and several other Tattoos.

I also have a Shadow of the Colossus tattoo, a Against Me! tattoo, and a Shaun of the Dead tattoo.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Vyse, I plan to get a plain blue star first, on my left shoulder. (I'm kinda embarassed to get something so simple on my first go-around, but it's got a few meanings: Anyone who knows me knows I love the band Cold and its sort of one of their symbols. In the past it was a symbol for lesbianism. I'll let you fill in the blanks.)

I plan to get 2 more Cold-related tattoos (Concerned because their spider symbol was going to be on the back of my neck, kinda small.. maybe I'll move it to my lower back for work issues.) I'd also like to get my zodiac symbol (Scorpio) somewhere.

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon: That tat is absolutely awesome. <3 <3 <3

Asmodean: Those are pretty cool. The angel is cute!

Hirox: I could never sit through something that extensive. XD Those are awesome, even though I'm not into sleeves. How was your experiences at the tattoo parlor? BTW, I'd love if you posted the Shaun one. My gf loves that movie and she'd love to see it XD

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

WOW! That TMNT tattoo is amazing! Heroes on a half sleeve. TURTLE POWER! Ok...that was bad joke....sorry.......

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

you beat me to that. I wanted to quote Red vs. Blue. ;)

My advice would be to listen to that youtube video. If that fails think of yourself when your old, tattoo's never look good on old people.

Solana
Student of Vane

Post by Solana »

That Turtles tattoo is incredible!

I don't have any (yet 8-) but my brother has about seven or eight with a common theme of black and silver. He's a true Lunar fan in that he has Althena's sword modified into a dagger on his leg. As for the old thing, his philosophy is that people will be wrinkly when they're old anyway, so you might as well have the tattoo.
This is either madness, or brilliance- Will Turner
It's remarkable how often those traits coincide- Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

I got an Icon of Saint John Chrysostom done last year. It's my first though I may get Saint Athanasius done on the other side at some point. But I try not to get into something so permanent without careful consideration. The one I got was after 7 years of thinking and planning.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/6970 ... 009025.jpg

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/5570 ... 009026.jpg

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/9697 ... 009027.jpg

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/9683 ... 009028.jpg
I know never to get someone's name, to do some research beforehand, and to make the tattoo meaningful (which is difficult for me since mine is meaningful but such a common symbol).
If the symbol is common you can find an artist which you like and ask him or her for some ideas in personalizing it and making it a little more distinct and special. A good artist will try and accommodate you and really give you the design you want. This is the way to go if you really want it to be meaningful, don't just take an existing design but alter it and make it your own.
I was hoping any of you Lunar fans out there would post your experiences or pics or just discuss them in general.
Be prepared for pain, though it depends where you get it done. Chest, ribcage, upper arm near the shoulder socket, knee, shins. All those places are pretty rough. Personally the pain is kind of the most important element to the tattoo. If they didn't hurt I wouldn't get them done. And since much of what I seek to get put on me is Christian iconography the pain connects me to the pain of Christ, the Saints and the martyrs. But that's a personal preference.

At any rate, I hope for discernment in your choice, and I wish you the best of fortune in getting it done.
They said that on Saturday evening Arsenius used to turn his back to the setting sun and stretch out his hands towards heaven and pray until, at dawn on Sunday, the rising sun lit up his face, and then he sat down again.

makingthingsup
Meribian Merchant

Post by makingthingsup »

There is a guy who sits next to me that has a lot of tattoo's