Video - How To Get Nall To Fight

For discussion of Lunar: The Silver Star, the original game for the Sega CD
MrAwesomeWayne
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Video - How To Get Nall To Fight

Post by MrAwesomeWayne »

Just a video i've made as I have never seen one done before. I was grinding for the final attack on the Frontier, and I decided to play around a little bit and then this glitch randomly popped up, the Nall attack glitch. I have it saved to a state so I can play around with it as much as I please. For the record, Alex was level 99 and Kyle was only level 71. It just came out of the blue, I was shocked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ygvb2P7ZCE

Enjoy! to my knowledge this is the only footage that has ever been put online of this glitch as I have never seen it before. This also marked the first time this glitch has happened to me in over ten years.

Wayne

Sophia
Lostest Boy

Re: Video - How To Get Nall To Fight

Post by Sophia »

Oh wow, I've never even heard of this glitch before. Too bad Nall doesn't seem too good at attacking.

MrAwesomeWayne
Meryod Yokel

Post by MrAwesomeWayne »

I was ill all last week so I literally went through an entire playthrough for fun well into the early horus one day when I wanted to complete it, and this popped up while I was 99'ing Kyle, and it just so happened I had recorded my playthrough and had everything set up to record it!

I've saw other people talk about the glitch before too so I knew I was not alone in seeing it, nor was I imagining it, but i've never ever been able to find recording, screenshots or any footage of it in action, so I jumped at the opportunity to share it with the rest of the people in my position that have always wondered :)

Yeah it is too bad that he is not that good at attacking though :( I experimented a little more and he has no items or magic, he can Flee which glitches his sprite while he moves until he stops, and if you have him run away from the battle, the entire party runs away and the battle ends.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

That doesn't really look like a glitch to me, more of an easter egg. I had always assumed it was a glitch since once when I was playing Nall's character portrait popped up in place of someone else's in battle (and I got a photo or something of it, if I can only find it), but this looks like he specifically has playable-character stats, like 1 move and some degree of ATK. I have a save I've been very very slowly maxing out everyone on, so when I get to that point I'll do some experiments and see if I can figure out any of his other stats.

Also curious that it'd be keyed to Kyle specifically being the only one left. Do we actually know that? I mean, we've all heard that it has to be a level-99 Kyle with everyone fled, but has this been exhaustively tested? Though of course it's hard to prove a negative.

Solana
Student of Vane

Post by Solana »

Wow, I've never even heard of this. But it's cool to find out about new things about an old favorite.

(Interesting that he'd help Kyle out, considering how in EB he mentioned everyone else when talking to Hiro and co. in the Goddess Tower.)
This is either madness, or brilliance- Will Turner
It's remarkable how often those traits coincide- Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

You know, I actually saw this on the gamefaqs board and declined to reply because it was April 1st. :lol: I figured you'd doctored a video, nice to know it's legit!
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Oh it's totally legit. I've seen screenshots (of the 'point the camera at your TV' variety), and it's been around long enough. But this is the first time I think I've seen a full video of the entire thing. Something about the randomness of the bug makes it difficult to get it captured on video, kind of like ball lightning and sasquatches. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Kizyr wrote:Oh it's totally legit. I've seen screenshots (of the 'point the camera at your TV' variety), and it's been around long enough. But this is the first time I think I've seen a full video of the entire thing. Something about the randomness of the bug makes it difficult to get it captured on video, kind of like ball lightning and sasquatches. KF
For a moment I thought you were talking about some obscure bug involving Nash's Thunder Ball and Albino Baboons.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

2011 April Fool's idea, GET!! :mrgreen:
「まあいいけど。」

MrAwesomeWayne
Meryod Yokel

Post by MrAwesomeWayne »

Just wondering if anyone has been able to find a way of doing this themselves by following the video? I have a state file still saved if anyone wants to try it for themselves, pretty sure state files are only around 1 MB so I assume it could be done

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

I remember this happening to me once, and I think that just like in this video, everyone but Kyle had run away.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Kizyr wrote:Oh it's totally legit. I've seen screenshots (of the 'point the camera at your TV' variety), and it's been around long enough. But this is the first time I think I've seen a full video of the entire thing. Something about the randomness of the bug makes it difficult to get it captured on video, kind of like ball lightning and sasquatches. KF

Sasquatches exist...

Beka married one.

I've had Nall fight for me every TSS play through, Always in the Talon Mines, always on my way out, fighting that beastman boss.

Nobody fled, and I was not level 99.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.