Flooding is great XD

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Flooding is great XD

Post by phyco126 »

For those of you who don't know (REALLY?!) I live in Colorado Springs. Yesterday was a new record for the town; the most rainfall in a 24-hour period. The city suffered massive flooding in several areas. It was great. It was difficult to get any pictures, really, because my camera isn't exactly water proof and it was, obviously, raining. There is a field near my house, and a tiny rain runoff 'dry' creek that runs through it. It flooded last night, bad. The area was under several feet of water, coming up half way on some small trees. The running water was strong enough to knock out a utility box, move a car, and flood an intersection under several feet of water. The water level has dropped this morning and the water is contained in the creek, but after looking into the field I could see just how deep it was. It was an amazing site to behold.

Anyway, I took these pictures around 1am. The water had already fallen in level by several inches, but it was still running fairly hard. It was difficult to get the pictures because of a) no tripod with me, and b) it was still raining, and c) there was very little light out there. But, this is what I was able to get. I have a video as well, but haven't uploaded it yet. After I took the pictures, I drove my SUV through the running water a few times. It was a blast.

Again, the pictures of the water where the trees are is several feet deep. Looks so peaceful though.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

brit
White Dragon Knight

Re: Flooding is great XD

Post by brit »

Holy crap!!! O_O
I've never seen flooding that bad ever!!!!

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

phyco126 wrote:The city suffered massive flooding in several areas. It was great.
Lmao! :lol:

Pretty crazy though. Do you typically get bad rainstorms there? At least it's keeping you entertained.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Photoshopped.

Pretty cool Charles. We had similar floods here last week. The trick to survival is to swim with the current. Swimming upstream never works!

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Whoa, that's a lot of water. O_o

I guess at least you had fun with all that water though. XD

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

@Whitedragon_nall: Not really. I mean, sure we get monsoons and some flooding, but nothing close to like this. The last time it flooded remotely close to this (and in all honesty it was worse than this) was back in 1999, a few days after Columbine High School Massacre occured. It rained for three days straight, knocked out power to half my town (town of Fountain, south of Colorado Springs) for around two days, and the area suffered massive flooding then.

@WD RPG WD: Yeah, you busted me :(. Its all fake. I added the water with the fill tool :D (XD). Anyway, I already knew that little tip. This summer a lady was getting 'swept' down the South Platte River, so I swam after her and got her to shore safely.

@Dark_Fairy: You bet I did!

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Sorry to hear this. :( Hope it clears up soon.
-Nobi

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:Sorry to hear this. :( Hope it clears up soon.
Thanks, but it cleared up by the next day. Still was a some considerable flooding near the major creek that snakes through the city, but nothing too bad. By the day after everything was pretty much back to normal.