lunar in famitsu

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
hyppia78
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

lunar in famitsu

Post by hyppia78 »

hi, im new here. ive been visiting lunar-net for a few years and i luv the site. i'm a second year japanese student at university and read famitsu and other japanese gaming magazines. im not sure who runs this sight, but theirs a page on a new lunar game in the latest famitsu magazine. i was able to get ahold of a scan if anyone wants to see it. i know my fellow lunar fans would be as excited as me

http://us.a1.yahoofs.com/users/421e4152 ... EByFma7y2W

if that doesnt work ill try and find another place to put the scan. there's a second page but i havent been able to scan it yet. ill try and do that tomorrow, because the scanner is at my friends house

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Oh wow!

There's been a little talk of another "unnamed RPG" being put out by Game Arts on some Japanese message boards. After Lunar: Genesis / Dragon Song, nobody figured on another Lunar game!

This is really something. Lunar: Heresy, though? I'm thinking that's gonna merit another name change once it's translated for the US market.

Let us know when you get more information. Can you get a bigger scan, though? Some of that text is a little too small to read. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

Interesting.

If I am getting a good look at the Heresy art and pics in the add...looks like we're getting our 4 Heroes game, my friends.

Real question is.....what system will it come out for. Since I don't really wanna buy a DS...I hope it's for an actual console.

EDIT- a few seconds later:

bleh. further looking seems to show it is for the DS :cry:
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hmmm, I click on the link and I get a cannot be displayed thing. Bah.

And any news posted on April 1st, well, I just won't believe it until the next day ;)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I can't see it either. If you can Email me the file (especially if you get a larger one for Kiz to read) I'll put the image up for you. Once I can get confirmation it's true, I'll put it up on LunarNET itself.
-G1

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

hmmm...the picture is now indeed gone....have I been duped once more on this wretched of days? :P
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

http://www.lunar-net.com/g1/famitsu.jpg

There's the picture again. Once I get a better scan from hyppia78, I'll see if Kiz can't get info.
-G1

hyppia78
Meryod Yokel

Post by hyppia78 »

thanks ghaleonone i'll try and get a better scan tommorrow.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I dunno, I until it is proven otherwise, I say it's a fake.

http://www.lunar-net.com/media/magazines/famitsu01.jpg

And if you are still not sure if they just reused the same format and some of the same pictures, then look at the page number.

You guys are evil to lead us on ;-;

Edit: Indeed, it is a hoax! G1 or Kiz is bound to be behind it :P You know what tipped me off? Lunar: Heresy. I almost believed the article until I saw that title. Considering that the Letter format for Lunar was the same for Lunar: Legend... so I decided to investigat. Same words are used in the offical link I provided, so they are the one and the same, just edited. Good one, almost had me there. Shoulda used a different Lunar letter format ;) BUSTED.
Last edited by phyco126 on Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

SCREW YOU PHYCO! :P

Why'd you have to go and blow it. I was going to end the joke in a few hours with the second scan saying "APRIL FOOLS".

Jerk. :P
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

*shrugs* You screwed it up, not me ;)

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

I gotta admit, Phyco has a point.

G1 is Laaaame!

I did still have to go along with it for a little bit. Why you gotta ruin a perfectly good joke like that, Phyco? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

What do you expect? I had like, 45 minutes to put that together earlier today. Until Monday when someone mentioned it was April Fools on Saturday, I didn't even remember it. I hadn't even planned anything, but when I saw everyone on the boards saying we was slippin', I had to put something together quick. :P
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, looking back at the scans, I have to admit, it was my mistake and whoever made the "scan" s' mistake. See, I thought the Lunar font came from L:L, so I decided to "investigate." However, I guess it came from L: DS. Well, either way, your foiled. :) Did I tell you I want to be a private eye? And I do watch alot of CSI. Nothing like a little cyber foriensics XD.

Though I have to admit, you did have me for a minute or two. It was done really well, the edit was awesome. Just that Lunar font gave it away.

So, um, this is the part where you say "And I would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for that Phyco and his dog!"

Don't worry, next year if I figure it out, I'll keep it to myself for $100. Or you can temp ban me every April 1st for a day, lol.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Nah, I doubt I'll pull something again. I've played the April Fools thing out too much, and that one a few years ago for the Four Heroes Story took the cake. We had a team of people putting that together for almost a month.
-G1

wisequark
Decrepit Old Dragon

Post by wisequark »

what almost a month? we started in february as i recall.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

wisequark wrote:what almost a month? we started in february as i recall.

We started in March.

I don't recall you doing anything for it.... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

wisequark
Decrepit Old Dragon

Post by wisequark »

it was feb, mickey had told me about it on the same day as my ex gf's birthday (feb 23rd)