Lunar Character Tournament 2...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Character Tournament 2...

Post by GhaleonOne »

Just a little update (I'll be posting the same thing on the frontpage later today):

The second ever Lunar character tournament is going to start sometime in the next few days (probably Saturday, but possibly as early as tomorrow). We did this tournament 2-3 years ago, and Lucia came out on top (with Alex as a runner up). Luna, Ghaleon, Nall and Jean performed quite well also. This time around, there will be some Magic School and Dragon Song characters in the tournament, just to throw some new stuff in the mix. So check the frontpage in the next day or so. The tournament will consist of 64 characters, from all four Lunar titles. The first round will see 24 hour polls, so if you want to vote in each round, you'll need to check LunarNET daily. After the first round, I'm not sure how many days will be between each round. I'm tentatively planning to have a winner crowned around Christmas Eve on the 9th anniversary of LunarNET's opening.

So check back in a day or two. If there's enough interest, I might put up a new board for discussion of the tournament
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Mmmmm, can't wait. :) Luna or Alex will pwn this time, I know it! *Prepares shotgun and friendship rings*

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The first poll is now up, though the actual tournament doesn't start until tomorrow night. In fact, if everyone gets a chance, take a look at the brackets and let me know if I somehow missed an important character or anything else glaring. I've checked it a ton of times, so it should be okay. But it never hurts to have people look it over before the actual poll starts.

http://www.lunar-net.com/tournament.php

And thanks be to PGJ for letting me use her artwork for the tournament!
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I still love that piece of art, and it actually works pretty freaking well for the tournament art. :D So if it starts tomorrow, then I'll vote tomorrow. :P

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

As hot as Lucia is, I'm surprised that she won.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Question. Why is it that after I vote and slide my mouse cursor over the poll options, it shows how many people voted, but in a 14/40 appearance? Does this mean that each can only have 40 votes?

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

phyco126 wrote:Question. Why is it that after I vote and slide my mouse cursor over the poll options, it shows how many people voted, but in a 14/40 appearance? Does this mean that each can only have 40 votes?

I think that's out of how many people have voted. AKA, 14 out of 40 people voted for Lucia, or something of the sort.

This looks great, by the way!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, it's the amount of votes for that character over "out of" how many have voted overall. Thing that sucks though, I was setting up the Lucia vs. Zoc first round for 10PM, and found that the poll I'm using has a limit on how much text can be in each, so I can't put the game they're from at the end for characters like Zoc. In fact, I had to remove "Fake" before Fake Dragonmaster Zoc (SS). Plus, some of the options were going screwy in the current poll when I created a new one, so I think I'll have to wait until 10PM each night to create the polls. Wish I had time to write my own poll system instead of using a pre-made one.

Either way, first poll is up a few minutes early. Lucia is up against the fake Dragonmaster. Should be cut and dry, being that Lucia was last time's winner, but you never know if TSS/SSS fans will vote for Zoc instead. We'll find out in 24 hours!
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

D'oh! Wow, don't I feel slow :lol:

Lucia babe, you're cute and all, but your grass is going DOWN! Zoc gonna feed you to the frog lizard thing! W00T!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Poor Zoc just got decimated. Lunn and Phacia are up now. I suspect Phacia will win it, but it'll be closer than the last one, surely.
-G1

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Alright! I've been waiting for this! x3 I remember the last tournament, I joined the board shortly after it finished. I voted in every round. :D Can I be Nall's coach this time around? YEAH! C'MON NALL BABY! LET'S WIN THIS ONE! WHOOOOOO! xD *gets pumped for the competition*
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hehe, go Phacia! Hmmm, Phacia... sounds like a facial cleansing cream. :P

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Kehehe...

Phacia L. Hare... xD

Sorry for the random post. Yes, I'm sleep deprived.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I was pretty conflicted on Lunn vs. Phacia. I voted Phacia simply because her redemption seemed less contrived than Lunn's.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Aw, I missed the first poll! I need to remember to come here more often. Argh.

And it looks like Nall is up against someone from Magic School in the first round! That looks pretty darn good in his favor. GO NALL, GO! *cheerleads*
- Mike

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Yes, I definitely went for Phacia. She's my favorite of the three sisters.

But she won't be my ultimate pick.

I'm going for Dyne all the way.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Phacia won it. Now it's Kyle vs. the Star Dragon.

Kyle will likely win, but I'm voting for the Star Dragon. Always been intrigued by it.
-G1

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

GhaleonOne wrote:Kyle will likely win, but I'm voting for the Star Dragon. Always been intrigued by it.

Sounds like the Simpsons dilemma. Hmm...Barney's movie had heart, but "Football in the Groin" had a football in the groin.

But, seriously, I concur. Now tied at 50/50, woo-hoo! (Incidentally, that little voting flash is really neat looking -- did you make it?)

Edit: Image :(

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

i dont totally understand the concept are we voting for which character is cooler or are we voting for which one would be victorious in a battle?

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Go Kyle! Vote Kyle!

*hands out "Vote for Kyle" buttons, bumper stickers, etc.*