Lunar Images

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
wildthehero
Lostest Boy
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Images

Post by wildthehero »

I've looked through the forums and haven't come across what I'm looking for, so please forgive, if this was covered like 2 days ago or something. I just didnt see it. I'm putting together a Lunar SSSC and EBC DVD, pretty much so I don't have to break out the playstation everytime I want to check all the cool lunar cutscenes, etc.. I've ripped the videos off my discs to dvd spec, and have no problems coming by the music, but I cant seem to find the bromides. Does anyone know how I can get the bromides off my game discs, or have some higher rez versions I can grab? I know I can crank up my capture card and just capture them, but I'm hoping not to have to do that. Lots of work for not so prestine quality. It'd be cool snag some sprites off the game disc too, but I figure I can reproduce those easily enough. Thanks for the help.

Wildhero

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Well, I've got EBC bromides up on the site (lunar-net.com - check under multimedia -> bromides) but no SSSC ones unfortunately. I need to get some on the site.

I've been meaning to do the same BTW. Make a DVD of all the video's. Would be a useful resource.
-G1

wildthehero
Lostest Boy

Lunar Images

Post by wildthehero »

Yeah, and they're some of the best quality I've been able to find on the web. Most everyone elses are grainy, the few that I could find, but I was kinda hoping for some larger, higher rez ones. I'm worried about what's going to happen when I resize them to fit on the screen. I noticed there's a wallpaper for pretty much every bromide. Are those the same images resized?

Wildhero

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Well, those were screengrabbed from the game itself, so if there's anything larger, it would have to come directly from the developer/publisher. Also, those wallpapers were included in All the Lunar.
-G1

wildthehero
Lostest Boy

Lunar Images

Post by wildthehero »

Cool. Thx for the info. Ill grab a couple of them and see how well they resize. If that works, I just have to figure out where to get the Silver Star Story ones. I sure wish I could figure out how to get them off the disc. Someone mentioned in one of the posts, they'd seen some utility that could do it.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I probably have the appropriate files from the Japanese Lunar PC version of SSS, but 1) the music may be different (I think they used clips of the girls' vocal songs in the Japanese game and WD replaced them with the instrumental versions) and 2) I may not have all of them, since 3 bromides were added for the Saturn MPEG & PlayStation releases and I don't remember offhand if the PC version is a port of one of those or of the original Saturn release. I think it's a port of the PSX one, though.

I'm pretty sure the Korean Lunar PC would have identical bromide files, though I suppose it's just barely possible that they used the WD ones since some other WD stuff was used. It's quite likely that I won't remember to check, though, so ask me again or PM me if I haven't said anything on this topic by a few days from now. :P

Edit: Yes, I have all of the Japanese bromide movies (as opposed to images), and yes, they all have Japanese song clips for music rather than the instrumental bits in the US game. I can upload those and PM a link to G1.

On a related note, does anyone have the of all the cutscenes as you see them on the Rememberizer? I idly started typing up an index to all these numerically-named movie files from the PC game, and it might simplify things to use the actual names of the scenes.

wildthehero
Lostest Boy

Post by wildthehero »

Kewl :) Guess I'll just have to capture the bromides that are missing. Hmmm, I'm going to have to go hunting for this All the Lunar. It looks like a must have for Lunar fans.

Thanks for checking that out. Are you talking about a version of Lunar for the PC?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

There is a website that I believe Lnet is hosting, it may be under links, but they have some pretty good stuff like sprites and maps.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

http://rpg-home.lunar-net.com is what you're thinking of. Might have something of interest.
-G1

wildthehero
Lostest Boy

Post by wildthehero »

Ahh, yes. :) Very cool. Many thanks.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

wildthehero wrote:Kewl :) Guess I'll just have to capture the bromides that are missing. Hmmm, I'm going to have to go hunting for this All the Lunar. It looks like a must have for Lunar fans.

Haha, good luck. It's been showing up more often than it used to, but the last one went for $152. I don't know what you mean by the bromides that are missing, though; as I said in my edit, I have all of them. I've sent G1 a link, but he may not be able to grab them before he goes out of town.

Thanks for checking that out. Are you talking about a version of Lunar for the PC?

Why, yes, what else would Lunar PC be? :o SSS was ported to PC and released in Japan and Korea; WD had planned to release it here as well but found the task of dealing with all possible hardware configurations too daunting. It was also quite buggy. They released the Fan Art edition of SSSC instead.

I'll see if I can check the Korean Lunar PC files tonight. Have to dig out the game box; it's one of those big PC game boxes and doesn't fit with the rest of my collection, and the shelf it's on has lots of flotsam in front of it. :P

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

GhaleonOne wrote:http://rpg-home.lunar-net.com is what you're thinking of. Might have something of interest.
'

Aye, that be the one :)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Hey, surprise, the Korean PC game uses the WD movie files, with the instrumental music (well, there are vocals in Luna's, but they don't have lyrics). Actually, it's not that much of a surprise since the English vocal songs were used, although the rest of it was dubbed. (Alex has a much lower voice in the Korean game, closer to Kyle's Japanese voice. Or at least the two seconds I listened to suggested that.) It's pretty weird, actually; they used the US vocal songs and bromide movies, and included the WD soundtrack in the Limited Edition, but clearly went from the Japanese movie files in dubbing, since the bits of music WD added to the Trinity of Terror and Green Earth scenes aren't there (there's no BGM at all in the spots which have TSS music in them in the English scenes).

wildthehero
Lostest Boy

Post by wildthehero »

Wow. I though I was pretty up to date on all the Lunar Memro. but I clearly missed a few things. Thx for checking for those movies. :) I checked the videos I've been ripping last night. They're turning out pretty fair, considering the low resolution that was used on the PSX discs. Now if I can just get some menus put together and grab those bromides, I can move on to Lunar 2 :D

wildthehero
Lostest Boy

Post by wildthehero »

So, how can I get my hands on those video files? Are they going to be uploaded to the site, or should I pm you with a mail address or internet storage site?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I think G1 plans to upload them but he's out of town right now and won't be able to do anything about it until Monday.

wildthehero
Lostest Boy

Post by wildthehero »

Cool. I'm still ripping the Lunar EBC stuff anyway. Its amazing what a huge difference the small native resolution increase between the games make when you enlarge them. Lunar 2 looks tons better.

wildthehero
Lostest Boy

Post by wildthehero »

Snag #2. Well, looks like I'm digging out my capture card anyway. There are two video files in Lunar 2 that are too long to decompress to uncompressed AVI, and they won't compress properly into any other format. Even the DivX's are jacked. So, problem solved... kinda. I still want to get images of the Lunar SSS Bromides though.
Who says you cant have your cake and eat it too!?!